Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our six year search for a "Plan B" could be solved by Bon being locked in a dark room on low levels of LSD. Who'd have thunk that? Do it Euge!

"I am the walrus.

Koo koo ca choo"

What was that Brad?

Nothing Crocks, nothing.

Our six year search for a "Plan B" could be solved by Bon being locked in a dark room on low levels of LSD. Who'd have thunk that? Do it Euge!

No locked in a dark room.

Using it most days at minute amounts

Microdosing

Lulz. I just spat my cucumber sandwich and mouth full of latte all over the Chaddy Food Court dining table FFS. :thumbsu:
Ya messy bastard. I'm tired of cleaning up your mess mate.

That's a fallacy and a misleading line regularly trotted out by illegal drug advocates.

This is due to the massive difference of use %, not the level of danger of the drug.

If the same level of regular hard drug users matched the level of alcohol users, society would be in complete disarray.
It really depends on the drug.

From a pharmacological perspective alcohol does far more damage to the human body and brain than heroin.

Obviously heroin is more addictive but it's what so many heroin addicts go through to feed their habit, foregoing food, sharing needles, additives used to cut street heroin, living rough etc that wrecks their bodies.

One could argue the opposite in regards to LSD but that is for advocates of alternative therapies and mindsets to discuss.
Nothing quite like lsd for blowing the cobwebs out of your mind.

It really depends on the drug.

From a pharmacological perspective alcohol does far more damage to the human body and brain than heroin.

Obviously heroin is more addictive but it's what so many heroin addicts go through to feed their habit, foregoing food, sharing needles, additives used to cut street heroin, living rough etc that wrecks their bodies.

Hmmm. I can't agree with that but I'm sure a study somewhere will support that view - no doubt thought there would be contributing factors that mean most alcohol drinkers can function close to normally yet a heroin addict will usually be completely screwed up.

I'd say all drugs can be addictive just the outcome of using hard drugs is usually, far, far worse if taken in equal doses and intervals. My experience (and it's just that) is that those who drink regularly usually can still manage their lives effectively, yet those who have hit the hard stuff regularly thinking it's the same slide into the abyss and struggle to or don't come back.

Hmmm. I can't agree with that but I'm sure a study somewhere will support that view - no doubt thought there would be contributing factors that mean most alcohol drinkers can function close to normally yet a heroin addict will usually be completely screwed up.

I'd say all drugs can be addictive just the outcome of using hard drugs is usually, far, far worse if taken in equal doses and intervals. My experience (and it's just that) is that those who drink regularly usually can manage their lives effectively, yet those who hit the hard stuff too often slide into the abyss and don't come back.
I reckon there would be quite a few top-end of town types who would counter that argument too.

I think one this is for sure tho, the issue is far too complex for generalities. This discussion always leads me back to Rat Park. Personally I think that what this study determined rings far truer than most opinions on the issue. What happens from that point, if indeed the truth of the matter, is another question altogether.

I reckon there would be quite a few top-end of town types who would counter that argument too.

I think one this is for sure tho, the issue is far too complex for generalities. This discussion always leads me back to Rat Park. Personally I think that what this study determined rings far truer than most opinions on the issue. What happens from that point, if indeed the truth of the matter, is another question altogether.

I doubt it. Those at the "top end of town" don't usually do Ice or similar, they will do Cocaine or similar (which I wasn't referring to).

There is a vast difference in cheap hard street drugs with massive potency compared to others such as cocaine in how it screws people up, for the same reason Tazaa has already detailed.

I'd say all drugs can be addictive just the outcome of using hard drugs is usually, far, far worse if taken in equal doses and intervals. My experience (and it's just that) is that those who drink regularly usually can still manage their lives effectively, yet those who have hit the hard stuff regularly thinking it's the same slide into the abyss and struggle to or don't come back.
While not strictly on the pharmacological effects, this study that was published in The Lancet in 2010 seems to be the most detailed as far as rating the harmful effects of various drugs - alcohol comes out on top by a fair margin when you include harm to self and others (comes in at #4 when considering harm to self).
Two links about the study and a nice stephi.
20101106_WOC504_0.gif

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/drugs_cause_most_harm
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20101101/alcohol-more-harmful-than-crack-or-heroin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you'd get away with legalising (& taxing/controlling the use of) heroin and cocaine then turning around and saying "oh but yeah ice is still illegal".
Exactly, because you cant generalise one persons health issues against another's.
Its a mess and the current way isnt helping. Politicians are and always will be pussies.

I doubt it. Those at the "top end of town" don't usually do Ice or similar, they will do Cocaine or similar (which I wasn't referring to).

There is a vast difference in cheap hard street drugs with massive potency compared to others such as cocaine in how it screws people up, for the same reason Tazaa has already detailed.
Ah so. My mistake.

Yeah, I hear stories of those guys going into needle exchanges in St. Kilda on their way to work.

While not strictly on the pharmacological effects, this study that was published in The Lancet in 2010 seems to be the most detailed as far as rating the harmful effects of various drugs - alcohol comes out on top by a fair margin when you include harm to self and others (comes in at #4 when considering harm to self).
Two links about the study and a nice stephi.
20101106_WOC504_0.gif

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/drugs_cause_most_harm
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20101101/alcohol-more-harmful-than-crack-or-heroin

Fair enough, and it's a good looking stephi, but based on life experience (not me personally, I've never touched any illegal drug but love a beer, just my experience of others) I simply don't believe it.

I know quite a few guys, who drink heaps, have done for years, work in great jobs and are happy people. I also know that others dabbled in ice or similar cheap street hard stuff and they are now completely *ed up (or dead).

I just can't accept that alcohol is worse than ice and other meth varieties if consumed equally.

Last edited:
Pretty keen to hear other people's final meal & movie choices.

A triple bill of Trainspotting, Blow, and Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke.

For the meal I'd have a heroin burger with a side of cocaine fries. Hash cookies for dessert. All washed down with an ecstasy cola. (With ice of course.)

Who watches Ink Master on 7mate...have seen bits and pieces but can't figure out the contestants. ..like do the same people compete each season?
I've seen bits a pieces from a few seasons, not sure which one is airing on 7mate right now. They're generally new every season, but for a couple of seasons in the finale the public had choice to give one of the eliminated contestants another chance to compete in the next season.

I've seen bits a pieces from a few seasons, not sure which one is airing on 7mate right now. They're generally new every season, but for a couple of seasons in the finale the public had choice to give one of the eliminated contestants another chance to compete in the next season.

...well Tatubaby does well for herself by the looks of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back