Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
true story from the files of the North Fairfax Kangaroos
when we were at fairfax (2005-2007) after a game that we lost (the other team was playing like its game 7 of the stanley cup finals) we were arguing in the lobby of the rink with the other team. one of our players (it was a woman) was arguing with a federal (a woman too). we were giving cat calls. they didn't fight but if they did would have been fun to see (we all could have end up in the clink).

So. B.P.will pay a $25,000,000,000 fine over 18 years for it's 2010 Mexican Gulf oil spill.

And guess what ? .......it's tax-deductible !

Seems fair.

Most fines and lawsuits are tax deductible. I did a paper once on a low rate tax system which was based on gross profit which would reduce tax expense for most people, reduce the tax legislation to a fraction of the size it is and would remove most if not all the rorts for dodging tax. I think it would be the best system overall. It would mean the nation wouldn't lose out on tax revenue if you were incompetent, nations have bills to pay even if you flood the ocean with oil.

Just did the weekly quiz on the team's website, having to name all 31 (I think) venues that North Melbourne have played at for premiership points. Got 23 correct, was interesting to note that we have played one game in Albury for premiership points. When was this, and why?

Vaguely remember playing at Lavinfgton Albury around the late 90's early 2000's as part of Millers expansion North???

Most fines and lawsuits are tax deductible. I did a paper once on a low rate tax system which was based on gross profit which would reduce tax expense for most people, reduce the tax legislation to a fraction of the size it is and would remove most if not all the rorts for dodging tax. I think it would be the best system overall. It would mean the nation wouldn't lose out on tax revenue if you were incompetent, nations have bills to pay even if you flood the ocean with oil.

Really ? ? ? Sorta like "negative gearing "
for crime you could say ?

Just did the weekly quiz on the team's website, having to name all 31 (I think) venues that North Melbourne have played at for premiership points. Got 23 correct, was interesting to note that we have played one game in Albury for premiership points. When was this, and why?

Pretty sure it was during the 50s. I think Yallourn also had a match in a take it to the people round.

Edit
Round 8 1952. Not sure the real reason.

http://afltables.com/afl/seas/1952.html

Really ? ? ? Sorta like "negative gearing "
for crime you could say ?

It would kill negative gearing, which should go regardless.

Crimes such as tax havens, if your income is grey and you don't declare it then no tax system will effectively stop it, it comes down to policing of any existing laws.

american politics at its best:

ed3e1ffc.jpg

mods this is from a TV show from the 90's.

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from 'Windows'.

Goes something like this...

Indian voice....'Hello I want to talk to you about your Windows system'.

Gaso- 'Which Window?'

'Your computer Windows system'

Gaso- 'The front window or the back window...hello...I cant see you'.

'On your computer'.

Gaso- 'But which one. I am standing at the side window...hello...hello'.

Gaso hangs up.

Shits me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from 'Windows'.

Goes something like this...

Indian voice....'Hello I want to talk to you about your Windows system'.

Gaso- 'Which Window?'

'Your computer Windows system'

Gaso- 'The front window or the back window...hello...I cant see you'.

'On your computer'.

Gaso- 'But which one. I am standing at the side window...hello...hello'.

Gaso hangs up.

Shits me.

I had these calls several times a while ago. When one of them asked me to go to my computer and let them know when it was ready, I googled 'Microsoft phone scam' and found this on their website https://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

I then told him I had the computer open and at a page titled 'Microsoft tech support phone scams'. The guy hung up very quickly.

I had these calls several times a while ago. When one of them asked me to go to my computer and let them know when it was ready, I googled 'Microsoft phone scam' and found this on their website https://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

I then told him I had the computer open and at a page titled 'Microsoft tech support phone scams'. The guy hung up very quickly.

Thankfully I watched on Mornings on Nien this morning with Sonia how some woman from Melbourne gave up some money on a lonely hearts scam...she never met him...so i am in tune with these interwebz scams today.

Guess how much she gave him?

Thankfully I watched on Mornings on Nien this morning with Sonia how some woman from Melbourne gave up some money on a lonely hearts scam...she never met him...so i am in tune with these interwebz scams today.

5k.

...thoughts on the two tennis boys Kyrigos and co?

Kyrgios is acting like a right royal campaigner.

Needs to pull his head in. Has the game, but not the mental application currently.

Kokkinakis is a little more mentally strong. I'm rather bullish on his career.

Tomic is just a knob. Although I do agree with his comments on Rafter. He's a ********.

Kyrgios is acting like a right royal campaigner.

Needs to pull his head in. Has the game, but not the mental application currently.

Kokkinakis is a little more mentally strong. I'm rather bullish on his career.

Tomic is just a knob. Although I do agree with his comments on Rafter. He's a ********.

Really a ******** ...why?

Nien thousand Deutchmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back