Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taking the day off tomorrow to take the mrs to the beach. Normally go to Torquay or Lorne but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas eg Barwon heads as its a bit closer or possibly somewhere down the peninsula . Cheers

Taking the day off tomorrow to take the mrs to the beach. Normally go to Torquay or Lorne but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas eg Barwon heads as its a bit closer or possibly somewhere down the peninsula . Cheers
Depends where you live.
I like Gunnamatta, Cape Schank, Point Lonsdale.

Hey all,

Just dropping in to let some of you know I'm doing ok. Life sucks at the moment, but you just have to power through. Got a pretty tough week coming up, with a wake and the funeral to come. Back in Melbourne for the night to pick my car up, will head back tomorrow morning. Loving the weather.

Have we secured all of Aish, Bennell, Carlisle, Seedsman, O'Meara, Hartlett and Stanton yet???

Hey all,

Just dropping in to let some of you know I'm doing ok. Life sucks at the moment, but you just have to power through. Got a pretty tough week coming up, with a wake and the funeral to come. Back in Melbourne for the night to pick my car up, will head back tomorrow morning. Loving the weather.

Have we secured all of Aish, Bennell, Carlisle, Seedsman, O'Meara, Hartlett and Stanton yet???
Great to hear you're getting along okay mate. Wishing you all the best and strength for what will be a tough week for you - but as you say, keep powering on.

Take it easy mate.

I don't like that golden point decides it though, should just be Extra Periods.

For those who didn't watch etc.

Broncos up by a try, 1min to go.

Cowboys score, kick after the siren for the cup.

Thurston misses.

Golden Point - Thurston slots one for the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden point is a terrible way to finish a GF.

I reckon it suits league. I watched the game with some mates. One goes for the Swans, another the Tiges... ha. We were all going for the Cowboys. Brisbane is either loathed or loved here. Its about 100 km n but we're in NSW. One of them (bandwagoner, doesn't really go for anyone but follows afl intensely) reminded me that he had a dream last week that we win the flag next year. Just out of the blue. I meant to post it when I read something about Lauchie Hansen getting the Norm Smith against the Hawks. My mate reckons North v Hawks GF. We'll win. Good to see the momentum is building already.

For some reason i knew the Cowboys were gonna finish the game with a try and kick to win. From about the 45 minute mark. It was like it was set up for that finish. League games often seem set up, but too perfectly to be an actual set up, if you get my drift.

Origin, I swear, is scripted by the dead spirit of Kerry Packer.

:D:D

My Swans mate above is a league nut. He goes for Parramatta and NSW and its actually quite funny to see the way they both lose in the most ridiculous circumstances. Even Jarryd Hayne. He was the only thing that gave my mate hope after Hindmarsh retired. Then Hayne went to the NFL. My mate was expecting him to fail, come back and play for the Roosters. Whatever scripts origin, and league in general, i know its having a solid go at my mate.

I cannot agree more on the absolute waste of money, but even more the waste of human life, in the mindless pursuit of equipping armies and engaging in warfare. But I'm not sure there is anything that will ever prevent that from continuing. As long as there is a lack of trust between human beings, there will always be wars.

In my view we don't need to spend money on exploring Mars.
Forgetting about the 'where do we come from?' aspect of space exploration, the outcomes of the R&D that went into creating that program will almost certainly be applicable in many fields and will pay for themselves many times over into the future, as they are in most space missions. That in itself justifies its existence when we can spend 1.5 billion on Myki, and almost 40 billion on our NBN network. $2.5 billion sounds like a pinch.

Now, not forgetting the 'where do we come from?' question. In my view if we stop these activities, stop asking the big questions and stop exploring, we may as well just blow ourselves the * up now because its gonna take something massive from out there to make us stop and think about how ******* small and precious we are down here, and to quit pushing ourselves toward annihilation.

Forgetting about the 'where do we come from?' aspect of space exploration, the outcomes of the R&D that went into creating that program will almost certainly be applicable in many fields and will pay for themselves many times over into the future, as they are in most space missions. That in itself justifies its existence when we can spend 1.5 billion on Myki, and almost 40 billion on our NBN network. $2.5 billion sounds like a pinch.

Now, not forgetting the 'where do we come from?' question. In my view if we stop these activities, stop asking the big questions and stop exploring, we may as well just blow ourselves the **** up now because its gonna take something massive from out there to make us stop and think about how ******* small and precious we are down here, and to quit pushing ourselves toward annihilation.
In matters sort of related I highly recommend checking out The Martian at the movies - it's a helluva film - Matt Damon very good and nobody does space films like Ridley Scott.

In matters sort of related I highly recommend checking out The Martian at the movies - it's a helluva film - Matt Damon very good and nobody does space films like Ridley Scott.
Yeah mate, pretty keen to check it out.

Schwatta is so impressive on Q&A. Great man.

He is such a great speaker...when he played he was so shy doing media...now look at him go. Love him on MMM, its only a matter of time before he replaces some of the dingbats on TV/FOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back