Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to someone trying to use The Mars Volta in an ad.

Anyone ever notice every AFL senior coach is of anglo saxon heritage?

I can't think of any recent exceptions either.

Doesn't matter but found interesting that no one of Greek, Italian, Croatian, Indigenous etc descent has become a senior coach in the last couple of decades.

Doesn't matter but found interesting that no one of Greek, Italian, Croatian, Indigenous etc descent has become a senior coach in the last couple of decades.
every coach is a former player.

what is the demographic of the entire player base?

What about Choco?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does the Duck want to change the Brownlow system? If it's actually awarded to the best player in the comp that year rather than the most eye-catching half decent mid-fielder who's nice to the umps (still doesn't explain Shane Woewodin), Wayne's lack of a Brownlow will look bad in the history books in a few decades time (to readers who would be unaware of the change in the voting) and threaten his unquestioned status as the greatest of all time.

It's not 100% anglo saxon that's for sure.

And this isn't a hope for affirmative action. It's simply an observation.
yes, but there are only 18 head coaches. they are all former players. considering the majority of former players are anglo saxon, if you select a tiny amount of them, like 12, even randomly, chances are they will all be anglo saxon.

yes, but there are only 18 head coaches. they are all former players. considering the majority of former players are anglo saxon, if you select a tiny amount of them, like 12, even randomly, chances are they will all be anglo saxon.
We're not talking about the eighteen current head coaches but the dozens of coaches that have headed teams since the VFL/AFL became more ethnically diverse. According to http://aflcommunityclub.com.au Aboriginal players alone (at the time of publication) made up 9% of all AFL lists, it's an obvious underrepresentation.

(5) Sanderson, Craig, Ayres, Blight, Shaw
(5) Lepptisch, Voss, Matthews, Northey, Walls
(5) Malthouse, Ratten, Pagan, Brittain, Parkin
(4) Buckley, Malthouse, Shaw, Matthews
(4) Thompson, Hird, Knights, Sheedy
(5) Lyon, Harvey, Connolly, Drum, Neesham
(3) Scott, Thompson, Ayres
(1) McKenna
(2) Cameron, Sheedy
(4) Clarkson, Schwab, Judge, Knights
(5) Roos, Neeld, Bailey, Daniher, Balme
(3) Scott, Laidley, Pagan
(4) Hinkley, Primus, Williams, Cahill
(6) Hardwick, Wallace, Frawley, Gieschen, Walls, Northey
(4) Longmire, Roos, Eade, Barrassi
(7) Richardson, Watters, Lyon, Thomas, Blight, Watson, Alves
(4) Simpson, Worsfold, Judge, Malthouse
(5) McCartney, Eade, Rohde, Wallace, Joyce

76 senior coaching appointments in 20 years.

1 (Barrassi) non Anglo Saxon. Meaning 98.6% of coaching appointments in 20 years have been Anglo Saxons.

I don't think at any point during that time that Anglo Saxons accounted for 98.6% of playing lists.

Jesaulenko, you beauty

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposito/wbc-hills?bffb

WBC accept Hill's offer of flights to Iraq.
vwMin.gif

Well, if they go, they're going to make global news one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back