Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just noticed something in the replay I didn't last night.

Nahas on the sidelines with Brad after the game almost bouncing out of his skin in excitement, looked like a kid in a candy store. Seems to love the club already.

Bad call.

Every club (including ours I'm sure although I'm yet to meet them) has their fair share of idiots/thugs.
I'm not apologising. I've also been backed up by their own supporters' perspectives in my opinion.

Did you see the Marilyn Manson cameos in the last couple of seasons of Californication? One as himself and one as a waiter. Also Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) plays quite an amusing character in the last couple of seasons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Steve Jones = Winner - "all Glenn Matlock wanted me to play was these ******* Beatles chords"

I do enjoy being wrong about Danny Boy's chances. Nowhere near the top 3 but a ripper considering his early bad luck. Wish I could've seen the move on Vettel. I was reading BBC updates.
Hooray for Youtube. This video has the footage I wanted to see, even if the quality is poor.

Golden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what I find interesting.

Its interesting how young blokes like Brown, Turner, McDonald and Wood can step into the team and perform their roles well now that the 20-24 year olds are developing consistency. When JZ and Wright started coming through and were followed by Basti, JMac and Cunners they had to carry a fairly heavy load. Now they are maturing and we still have Wells, Petrie, Boomer, Spud etc so the new young blokes can just play their roles. I reckon our list has finally matured.

Another random thought about a discussion that I found really interesting.

Last night I was listening to SEN in the car and Finey and Robert Shaw were discussing the finals so far. The discussion moved to what type of players clubs look to in finals, and the names Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge were brought up for their leadership and toughness and Shaw moved on to say that clubs are now looking more and more for players who take on the role of on-field coaches. Those guys who look up the ground and can see the structural weaknesses and implement the changes necessary on the spot, rather than waiting for the coaches to send a runner out, because by then it is often much too late.

Reckon we have a few of those in Macmillan, LMac, Thompson, Dal, Wellsy, JZ etc so should be well set in that capacity for quite a while and its probably one reason why a bloke like Mitch Robinson will end up playing VFL in 2015.

Another random thought about a discussion that I found really interesting.

Last night I was listening to SEN in the car and Finey and Robert Shaw were discussing the finals so far. The discussion moved to what type of players clubs look to in finals, and the names Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge were brought up for their leadership and toughness and Shaw moved on to say that clubs are now looking more and more for players who take on the role of on-field coaches. Those guys who look up the ground and can see the structural weaknesses and implement the changes necessary on the spot, rather than waiting for the coaches to send a runner out, because by then it is often much too late.

Reckon we have a few of those in Macmillan, LMac, Thompson, Dal, Wellsy, JZ etc so should be well set in that capacity for quite a while and its probably one reason why a bloke like Mitch Robinson will end up playing VFL in 2015.
I thought that was an interesting comment on 360 re the reduction in runners (only one now?) which benefits more mature teams whose players can do this.

I thought that was an interesting comment on 360 re the reduction in runners (only one now?) which benefits more mature teams whose players can do this.
But Sydney in particular, like to have multiple runners/drink carriers on field at once, filling gaps, guarding space, and coaching

Anyone see what that scumbag Ray Rice did to his partner, disgraceful sickening act, the vision looks like he killed her?

anyone know where i can find the vision of the ox commentating dress last 2 goals. GR posted it the other day but can't remember where it was. Cheers
Official videos thread - it's stickied

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the idea of dedicated player threads separate from autopsy threads. Just not a new thread for each player every week, so as tou suggested.
I'd be cool with that too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back