Oppo Camp Rank other clubs by how much you like them

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to come up with a total ranking. The middle is a whole bunch of "meh". But I can come up with groups:

1. Adelaide

Teams I like to see do well:
2. Hawthorn
3. Melbourne
4. Gold Coast

"Meh" teams I can't really rank (5-13):
Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Fremantle, Greater Western Sydney, North Melbourne, Richmond, St. Kilda, West Coast.

Teams I can't stand:
14. Geelong
15. Sydney
16. Essendon
17. Collingwood
18. Port Adelaide

The order of the last five is subject to change.

I couldnt do the full 18. Too hard.

Hate the most - Collingwood. Too many gut wrenching losses to them.
Power next most hated.
Used to follow the bombers before Crowies formed... kinda. Mainly because the same colours as the mighty bloods. Now... *'em. Almost prefer the Power.

Enjoy Suns, Giants, Dockers (not so much with Ross), Roos.
Never mind seeing Dogs win unless against us.
Really it's just too hard as other than the clubs I truly hate... its just those clubs that have pissed me off least in the short term that are 'more liked' than the others :p
Hawks are hard to hate at present. Cats used to be the same... something about them last few years that bugs me. I think its selwood.

I don't have any "second" teams or anything like that. Don't hate and have respect for the bigger teams like Hawks, Geelong, Collingwood etc who I at times would like us be more like, either on or off field.

Absolutely hate losing to the smaller clubs for some reason.

But even in round one I'm going for the team I think will best help our end of season ladder position.

I have a very strong disliking of Port, but i feel if i wasn't on BF i wouldn't care less. I've been out of SA for 12 years now, but being able to keep up with the unwashed on here keeps my dislike for them quite high

WC supporters are a nightmare in real life. 2005 and 2006 was a hard 2 years come finals :(

Love: Adelaide

Meh: Saints and Bullies. Feel sorry for them mainly

Hate: Port, WC, Sydney

I "nothing" the other teams

Adelaide.
Whoever is playing Port.
Whoever is playing Hawthorn.
Whoever is playing Melbourne.
Whoever is playing St kilda.
Whoever is playing Footscray
Whoever is playing Essendon.
Whoever is playing Carlton.
Whoever is playing Richmond
Whoever is playing Geelong.
Whoever is playing Norf.
Whoever is playing Collingwood.

Adelaide
Bulldogs, Fremantle, Melbourne
West Coast, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Geelong
Hawthorn (would be lower if they weren't so good to watch), GWS, Collingwood, North Melbourne
Carlton, Richmond, Sydney, Essendon
Port

1. Crows/Norwood

Everyone else - Get F*****

Port - Train station toilet bowl residue

I don't really have strong feelings about Port either way. They are our immediate competition in SA so we will always be compared to them, but outside that, I couldn't really give a s**t.

The only team I really hate is Sydney.

Geez that's tough.
I hate all other 17 teams. but what I will do is rank my top 5 (number 1 being the team I hate the most) and reason why I hate them:

5. Collingwood, Prob cos of Eddie and the heart ache they caused the crows in 08 and 09 finals series
4, West Coast, The team that got in the way of the crows winning back to back in 05/06
3, Bulldogs, cant stand them cos of a guy at work who loves them.
2, Essendon, always hated them since I was a 9 year old in 1993, I cried my eyes out after that 93 prelim.. hated them ever since and the past 2 years have made me hate them more
1, Port, they make my skin crawl, I hate their arrogant cocky fans who are front runners, bandwagoners, they are so loud and their "port logic" $hits me!
losing to them is one of the worst feelings.. I hate their fans and I hate the club.. they are a confused footy club who lives off the glory of the port magpies. until they realized Port power were established in 1995 and joined the comp in 97 there will always be arguments. I HATE THEM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Adelaide

Like: Hawks, Freo

Ambivalent: The rest

16.Port, having been born and bred in Perth I never had a particular dislike for Port. Until Chad Wingard came along. My most hated player in the comp, cheap, seagulling hack. His presence alone is enough for me to rank them here.
17. West Coast, living in WA gives me a particular dislike for them, some of the most fair weather fans in the comp.
18. Sydney, God I just can't stand them, Hawks pumping them last year in the GF was almost as good as us winning it*

*Slight exaggeration perhaps...

It's simple:

Best:

1. Adelaide

Better:

2. Hawthorn - have a great time with their supporters at AO, great to watch.
3. Brisbane - lived there for four years and don't mind them.

Ambivalent:

2 - 14 the rest

Waste of space:

15 and 16: Port and Sydney can't separate them - Port are a complete waste of space with their 1870 nonsense, Koch and spin. Sydney - well we all know what they are...

The 'don't count' cheats who don't rank:

Essendon and Collingwood.

Don't actually mind Collingwood, mostly because of Swan and Pendlebury.
Always had a soft spot for Richmond but can't stand their current list.
Have to feel sorry for St Kilda and Bulldogs.
Gold Coast are exciting to watch and I wouldn't mind seeing them succeed (provided it's not at our expense!).

Everyone else can die in a pit. Particularly Port, closely followed by Geelong, Essendon, Carlton, Freo.

Adelaide
Port Adelaide - state of origin and wanting to beat Vic's is strong in me.
Bulldogs - loved the way they went about it in the late 90's. What Libba got out of himself was amazing.
Geelong - Westies man (pre AFL) and loved The Prez, so followed the Catters until we entered the comp. Parked his car a few times at the Caz back in the day. Red SAAB turbo from memory, probs a convertible, but cannot recall. He once grabbed the missus' ass while dancing at Joplins one night too. So a pretty rich history there.

St Kilda - I have a weird pavlov's dog thing going on. When they are getting beaten in a GF, I can't stop smiling. Watching the long-suffering fans in tears only increases my enjoyment. I think it dates back to Molly Meldrum wiping the tears from his eyes in the '97 GF. I see Saints supporters in pain and it just makes me happy.

Adelaide
Port Adelaide - state of origin and wanting to beat Vic's is strong in me.

You put Port right up there, same with me. I'm neither an SA nor an Australian (only lived in Adelaide for a few years when I was a kid), so I probably don't share that hate towards Port as most of the posters here do. The only time I hate Port is in the Showdowns. Ollie Wines is my favourite AFL player (outside all the Crows players) been following him (and Port) since he got drafted. I think it's good to have both SA teams doing well, and if Port are doing good, winning the Showdowns is much more satisfying. I didn't enjoy our 2012 big win Showdowns, while last year's second was much more satisfying.

Don't hate any teams, more of an AFL fan, but my (current) meh are : Sydney and Essendon

You put Port right up there, same with me. I'm neither an SA nor an Australian (only lived in Adelaide for a few years when I was a kid), so I probably don't share that hate towards Port as most of the posters here do. The only time I hate Port is in the Showdowns. Ollie Wines is my favourite AFL player (outside all the Crows players) been following him (and Port) since he got drafted. I think it's good to have both SA teams doing well, and if Port are doing good, winning the Showdowns is much more satisfying. I didn't enjoy our 2012 big win Showdowns, while last year's second was much more satisfying.

Don't hate any teams, more of an AFL fan, but my (current) meh are : Sydney and Essendon

Mate, without each other, we'd be completely alone in this thread. Although, I cant 'meh' Sydney with their 2 highly paid forwards, I actively want them to lose. Essendon players I really feel sorry for.

1. Adelaide
2. Fitzroy
3. University
4. The rest - indifferent
5. Sydney - lying cheating low lifes
6. Port - special category. Varies from cold pity when they're tarpaulin bad to loathing when they think they're any good. Double that for their fan base.

I'll join in.

1 Port

2 down mostly meh.

Have a soft spot for a few teams due to family and friends, including some "cyber" friends I've made over many years on BF, plus whoever has NT lads playing for them.

Most times I do enjoy the bullshit between Port and Crow supporters, sometimes it gets a tad ... boring.

Wrt not liking teams, none really although a number of North and Hawthorn supporters on BF can be a bunch of ... well lets just say a bit painful at times.

I followed Carlton before Adelaide joined the comp, firstly because my dad followed Collingwood (until he started working for Carlton Draught). Seemed only natural. Then hubby followed them because of Sticks, Bradles, motley etc. my first afl game ever was Carlton v South melbourne at the lake oval(?). So until whatshisface joined sydney, I had a soft spot for them too. Now sydney and essendon would be my least favourite teams. With port and Collingwood above them - but not by much. Love watching the Hawks play and Geelong at their peak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back