News Ranked number 1 in average home attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

It goes to show though, that even when the chips are down we are still the big dog in the yard in SA. Wait till the Roo changes are a happening!

Only team outside of SA to achieve this since the national comp got under way (although this record will be overtaken by WC and Freo in 2018)

When will they finish Adelaide Oval, so we can reach our full potential?

Add another 20,000 in the Great Northern Stand!

and FFS lets put the old scoreboard in a museum where it belongs. Its the digital age.
I do like the northern end but completing the oval with a northern stand would be great..
One day maybe..

Funny, we were sitting there talking about it today and picturing it enclosed with a stand like the Riverbank Stand..
We have a waiting list, every game was sold out and I'm sure we could have had attendances near 60 000..
We have to continue to attract that kind of support and have people continue to turn up to ever justify it happening one day though..

I do like the northern end but completing the oval with a northern stand would be great..
One day maybe..

Funny, we were sitting there talking about it today and picturing it enclosed with a stand like the Riverbank Stand..
We have a waiting list, every game was sold out and I'm sure we could have had attendances near 60 000..
We have to continue to attract that kind of support and have people continue to turn up to ever justify it happening one day though..
Just build it and they will come.

Looks an unfinished project to me.

Just build it and they will come.

Looks an unfinished project to me.
Yep, definitely believing this..
People love the place, it is attractive to attend for so many reasons and is a great centre piece to attract more into the future..

A number of people attend Port games now because they are easier to get into than Crows games, they would also have a higher number of neutrals..
We are missing out on this IMO as well as the waiting list and others into the future..

But don't see it happening for a while yet..

No way! It's the best part of the Oval! All the commentators rave about the northern end, with the old scoreboard, and standing room on the mound (or hill, or whatever you want to call it). Remove all that and you have a generic, boring stadium. Make seats hard to get, and you keep the romance alive. :p

Great effort by the 19th man today, we got there in the end. Don't forget in 1991 nearly all the Vic teams played at suburban grounds that held less than 30000.

To get 44,969 to a game that had nothing on it was great. The turnout in the Western stand was disappointing, but why the hell would they not allow guest passes right up to siren time??

And yes it was our 3rd lowest crowd this year, and don't forget that today's crowd was bigger than any attendance that we had at AAMI last year (apart from the last Showdown).

We averaged around 46000 people per game which is actually surprising to me. I assume we averaged around 49000 at Adelaide Oval which means we averaged 43000 away, a great result when you consider the Tasmania game is in there.
No you mixed up your data port average 43K at AO crows average 49K
Adleiade ovals averages crowd is 46 K our away crowd average is pitiful compared to our home average under 30K

Good job to EVERYONE who turned up today. It was VERY close in the end.

ADL 48,046 (EDIT: Crows reporting 48,056 which is different to footywire)
COL 48,007

An amazing achievement considering the teams form.

1987 Carlton
1988 Melbourne
1989 Geelong
1990 Collingwood
1991 Adelaide
1992 Collingwood
1993 Essendon
1994 Collingwood
1995 Richmond
1996 Essendon
1997 Essendon
1998 Essendon
1999 Essendon
2000 Essendon
2001 Essendon
2002 Collingwood
2003 Collingwood
2004 Essendon
2005 Essendon
2006 Collingwood
2007 Collingwood
2008 Collingwood
2009 Collingwood
2010 Collingwood
2011 Collingwood
2012 Collingwood
2013 Collingwood
2014 Adelaide

Read more here:

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-08-31/crows-claim-crowd-record

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you mixed up your data port average 43K at AO crows average 49K
Adleiade ovals averages crowd is 46 K our away crowd average is pitiful compared to our home average under 30K

Are you sure? I thought on the TV today it said that Adelaide averaged 46000 per game. Were they talking about Adelaide Oval? Or the Adelaide Crows? I assumed the latter.

If it's the latter then our away average would need to be around 43000 since we played as many games away as we played at home (away Showdown aside)

Can't knock the loyalty of us who go along every 2nd week - even when our form is inconsistent.

Great result to knock the pies off their top perch.

Now just need to give us some reward next season with better form & we can break it again!

Are you sure? I thought on the TV today it said that Adelaide averaged 46000 per game. Were they talking about Adelaide Oval? Or the Adelaide Crows? I assumed the latter.

If it's the latter then our away average would need to be around 43000 since we played as many games away as we played at home (away Showdown aside)

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/attendances

Apparently next year we will get a season opener at AO either on Thursday night or Good Friday but we also will have a lot of Sunday afternoon football

When will they finish Adelaide Oval, so we can reach our full potential?

Add another 20,000 in the Great Northern Stand!

and FFS lets put the old scoreboard in a museum where it belongs. Its the digital age.

Agree get rid of it! (runs away before cricket fans slaughter me)

For a team that has only one home game with a team from it's home state. Pretty damn good job! Well done Crow fans!
George-Costanza-clapping.gif

I don't see why we can't keep the hill as well as building a stand above it?

Build a slightly modified replica of the Riverbank Stand at the northern end (Cathedral Stand?) but leave an area for a few thousand people to stand. Would boost the ground capacity above 60,000 while keeping the unique and awesome standing area, plus it would make things way louder.

Build a slightly modified replica of the Riverbank Stand at the northern end (Cathedral Stand?) but leave an area for a few thousand people to stand. Would boost the ground capacity above 60,000 while keeping the unique and awesome standing area, plus it would make things way louder.

I think they'll re-do the Western stand before building on the North.

If say for instance we got The World Cup I think they would put temporary stands there.

Don't mind that idea of building a stand to the rear of a reduced standing area, AO standing on the hill is not unique - Metricon has it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back