Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

don't know about Sanderson, McKenna, and McCartney, but Ratten and Harvey were victims or circumstance.

Harvey developed Freo and some parasite coach took over, Ratten was going well until the Carlton culture demanded a messiah who has turned out to be a dud.

But you are correct about McCartney, ordinary coach who told all those champions like Minson and Griffen that their efforts weren't good enough in 2014, because everyone knows that fourth last is good enough for Footscray.

How dare a coach call out players who were s**t all year, deserved to be sacked, and those players deserved to still have careers on squillions.

see this is exactly what i am talking about. suddenly history has been re-written

mark harvey was a horrible coach. i dont know where to start. here's 3 points that come to mind, theres plenty more:
- over-ruling medical staff to play unfit players
- the now infamous paranoia that led up to the derby, resulting in the bizarre press conference where he basically accused john worsfold and the eagles of having spies/illegal surveillance. what people didnt see, is his behavior at training that week. where he hired a bus, waited for the players to arrive, took their phones, loaded them onto the bus, had them driven to the WACA from freo oval and ran training there, because apparently the players and staff could not be trusted to tip off west coast. the background behind this is even funnier.
- bringing back an injured des headland for their final against the cats at the MCG. only to get thrashed and des to have 0 impact

if ross wasnt available, mark harvey would have been sacked anyway. just without pay out and maybe a 12 month wait

on ratten, do people forget carlton being very public about the need to provide ratten support as he was clearly struggling. this ended in them poaching a couple of people. one was richo who was basically made rattens boss. no surprise that ratten went from in the box to the boundary line, with richo basically taking over as coach

i've posted on mccartney before, it was bigger than just the senior players being told some harsh words. the bloke was incompetent. if he cant even communicate with players and staff, how is he meant to be a senior coach that has to manage a group larger than 50 personnel. he was clearly out of his depth. great assistant with limited responsibility, shizen coach. i'm actually amazed the doggies tried to performance manage him, talk about too little too late. amazing how a divided playing list that at times were close to belting the living suit cases out of each other, were somehow unified in their opinion that he had to go. that was probably his single biggest success, re-unifying the group he tore apart

see this is exactly what i am talking about. suddenly history has been re-written

mark harvey was a horrible coach. i dont know where to start. here's 3 points that come to mind, theres plenty more:
- over-ruling medical staff to play unfit players
- the now infamous paranoia that led up to the derby, resulting in the bizarre press conference where he basically accused john worsfold and the eagles of having spies/illegal surveillance. what people didnt see, is his behavior at training that week. where he hired a bus, waited for the players to arrive, took their phones, loaded them onto the bus, had them driven to the WACA from freo oval and ran training there, because apparently the players and staff could not be trusted to tip off west coast. the background behind this is even funnier.
- bringing back an injured des headland for their final against the cats at the MCG. only to get thrashed and des to have 0 impact

if ross wasnt available, mark harvey would have been sacked anyway. just without pay out and maybe a 12 month wait

on ratten, do people forget carlton being very public about the need to provide ratten support as he was clearly struggling. this ended in them poaching a couple of people. one was richo who was basically made rattens boss. no surprise that ratten went from in the box to the boundary line, with richo basically taking over as coach

i've posted on mccartney before, it was bigger than just the senior players being told some harsh words. the bloke was incompetent. if he cant even communicate with players and staff, how is he meant to be a senior coach that has to manage a group larger than 50 personnel. he was clearly out of his depth. great assistant with limited responsibility, shizen coach. i'm actually amazed the doggies tried to performance manage him, talk about too little too late. amazing how a divided playing list that at times were close to belting the living suit cases out of each other, were somehow unified in their opinion that he had to go. that was probably his single biggest success, re-unifying the group he tore apart

I think everything you have written is garbage.

You have cherry picked one or two instances and built a straw man argument around it.

Harvey developed Freo and Lyon came in over the top, as he did at the Saints to claim the glory.

The proof is in the results for Ratten, was just getting them to be consistent when he was stabbed in the back. How has Malthouse gone? Was supposed to have won them a flag.

Absolute poppycock that Richo was coaching while Ratten was boundary riding.

Fair dinkum some crap that is written on here is ludicrious in the extreme. Not all coaches are good at the head coach job - lets face it the jury is still out on Richardson. But to make up rubbish (and I know for a fact it is rubbish on Harvey) and portray it is a fact is both arrogant and insulting.

You may have an opinion on these coaches but doesn't make it fact. I could tell you some first hand intel on Harvey and what he had to contend with at Freo, but hey thi is only a internet forum, and I am anonymous, so why would you believe me?

I think everything you have written is garbage.

You have cherry picked one or two instances and built a straw man argument around it.

Harvey developed Freo and Lyon came in over the top, as he did at the Saints to claim the glory.

The proof is in the results for Ratten, was just getting them to be consistent when he was stabbed in the back. How has Malthouse gone? Was supposed to have won them a flag.

Absolute poppycock that Richo was coaching while Ratten was boundary riding.

Fair dinkum some crap that is written on here is ludicrious in the extreme. Not all coaches are good at the head coach job - lets face it the jury is still out on Richardson. But to make up rubbish (and I know for a fact it is rubbish on Harvey) and portray it is a fact is both arrogant and insulting.

You may have an opinion on these coaches but doesn't make it fact. I could tell you some first hand intel on Harvey and what he had to contend with at Freo, but hey thi is only a internet forum, and I am anonymous, so why would you believe me?

the harvey stuff has been confirmed by multiple sources in the media. its not like its rumor mill stuff. * the press conference is there for all to see, is that made up too?

sorry you're right. they must have been sacked for being too good

Well done to Bevo, sensational bloke who will be loved by his players. The WB are officially my new second fave club.
But apparently tells lies to you, how's that circle that we dream about going, you Flog

Why do you bloke's always give BrianSpeaking a hard time, grow up and let him share his opinion. I would much rather read BS opinion/possible inside source than your $%&#ing whining.

He can create good discussion, usually better discussion than what the whiners produce, even if you think what his saying is BS.

Why do you bloke's always give BrianSpeaking a hard time, grow up and let him share his opinion. I would much rather read BS opinion/possible inside source than your $%&#ing whining.

He can create good discussion, usually better discussion than what the whiners produce, even if you think what his saying is BS.
Wrong thread?

Hello Brain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right, he can create good discussion. But I think when he trolls and uses his profile to suck people in with rumours portrayed as facts it starts to get too much. IMO he deserves to be questioned when he makes big statements, especially when (at times) they are designed to stir the pot, he is in a position of power, having some obvious sources at the Saints - the position shouldn't be used to troll.

I think it's great that everyone can share their opinion including Brian, I tend not to refer to it as $%&#ing whining though. I reckon that's pretty inflammatory and probably just designed to get some people fired up on here, unnesseccary as well IMO.

It sounds like Reece Mckenzie is the new age Tony Lockett!
Handover the number 4 and buckle up saints fans Reece plugger Mckenzie is coming to save the saints!

And Shaun Mckernan is the new Stuey Loewe of the saints!
Couldn't get a game at the crows now he's the new buckets Loewe far out he's training the house down wow we!
He's worse than Stanley he would fit in perfect to 28..

It sounds like Reece Mckenzie is the new age Tony Lockett!
Handover the number 4 and buckle up saints fans Reece plugger Mckenzie is coming to save the saints!
And Shaun Mckernan is the new Stuey Loewe of the saints!
Couldn't get a game at the crows now he's the new buckets Loewe far out he's training the house down wow we!
He's worse than Stanley he would fit in perfect to 28..
Are you trying to be funny or something?

Chalkie's been into the fun stuff... :p

tumblr_m4v2whZrJo1rpl29so1_500.gif

I know

Using pick one on a diebetic, slow, fat one dimensional FF

Would have been silly

I know

Using pick one on a diebetic, slow, fat one dimensional FF

Would have been silly
Can you explain what a non one dimensional FF is coming out of a draft.....

Nothing.

Just completely sick of reading all the negative ******* bullshit from Big Fart. I enjoy this forum but getting sick of coming on here only to read negative posts from that dickhead all the time.
Stanley...do what myself and joff did some time ago and use the ignore button.
It sometimes gets confusing when everyone quotes him and you don't know what the * is going on, but overall a better experience!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back