Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Kildonian, I know you moderate me like umpires adjudicate Adam Schnieder.... And this will be gone too...

But the tone from a so called referee on the forum was unwarranted and the language unnecessary

The fact is

We traded pick 21 for Stanley.... And whatever steak knives

We then drafted Goddard with that pick

We did NOT trade Stanley for Goddard.... We had no idea ATT who we would get with pick 21... And did not know it would be Goddard until 3minutes before we called him out.

Interesting to know who we would have selected if Carlton weren't so stupid?
My guess
Lamb or Touk

That's basically just debating semantics. The end result was Stanley and a late pick out and Goddard in. It's fair enough for people to say Stanley = Goddard as it's really just an easy way to simplify the whole thing.

It would be annoying as s**t if people had to explain the whole trade/draft progression every time they talked about it.

Rookies are sometimes required for back up....

Saad could replace about 3 players out of the list.... Schnieder is more versatile (could replace Joey if need be) he also could come in and offer significant experience, should an experience player go down long term.

Saad is not required

BrianS

Just like Sam Fisher was cooked?

Players get injured at all stages of there career? Is Sam Gilbert cooked?

Schnieder may well play 20 games this season, may well play 10.... A who knows... But

I am sure those gun recruiters know what they're doing placing him on the rookie list.

If anyone not a FP gets injured .... Why would Saad be elevated as a replacement?...

Ruin what? It's only the rookie draft, and the success rate of that is <20%
Never heard a great deal about the two boys, I hope they do OK.

Saad, not sure the point of picking up a 25yo one position player, not as good as Minchington as a rookie?

He kicked some goals in 2013, but got very little of the ball... In 2013 he was poor. I would have delisted him in 2013 regardless. He has very few strings to his bow, he is a poor crumber, and actually plays like a small ff.

I think it was an emotive decision. A poor decision.... To have both he and Schnieder as rookies. At least Schnieder offers smarts, and can teach.

IMO

Saad will never play another senior AFL game...

Nice gesture by the club, but he's just not great. I thought his VFL performances in 2013 were appalling... He has no flexibilityv in his game.... Almost a one trick pony.

Our talent in is very good

Not being able to question the recruiting of 4 small fwds in 8 players is typical... I reckon the stk admin could sell snake oil to some supporters...

I don't see the sense in securing a 25yo FP with no flexibility in his game, or elite skill set? Considering we have better options.....
Is there an issue with having that opinion??

I don't think about empty or full?

I just have separate opinions on different players/issues, of course given our history... There are plenty of thing proven that could have been critisised....

Many things I critisised in the past, and was absolutely belted for daring, are just accepted or justified mistakes now.... I could list half a dozen rippa threads, I was howled down for eventually being correct?? But ATT it was blasphemy!!! Bit like now.... But I'll continue to to be straight, not hopeful.

Even now, most astute judges and definitely me, think that not just the last two years... But since Newnes, Webster, Ross, Murdoch, Saunders, Minch etc... Recruiting has been very good, when looking at quality for draft position.
But we need to be careful... Not one is a bonafide gun yet... We just think they will be. We also assumed that Siposs, a rising star nominee... Would be a gun two years in?
But on balance, I would suggest a minimum of 8 will be players, possibly 10-12?!

Was I critical after the draft? Why not?

Have I been critical of AR? A why not?

Am I critical of Nick Riewoldt? Why not?

How have I rated Tony Elshaugh?

I support good players, coaches, decisions... And question the opposite. As I see it

Others are certainly free to have their opinion, but often can't accept mine, not on balance, but on emotion...

Schnieder represent great value for this year in three areas....

Lose a great mid .... Armitage, Montagna, Steven... He can go upfield whilst a flanker goes inside... And we lose little in quality....
Or if we lose a skilful HF... He can come on to the list and provide a known skill set of high end talent... He is an absolute quality player when in the team.

His footy IQ is ridiculously high, his awareness is elite and decision making is IMO the best at StK with ball in hand... He can teach our young fwd/mids about the craft of high HF/FP play... I've seen him at Sandy with the ball (with an eternity of time) telling the other players where to go in a passage of play...

He is a great clubman with very good leadership qualities... We have a dearth of leadership.

You don't play 12 years as a fat small fwd and play in 5 grand finals...unless you can play a bit

Saad?
By the time Adam was his age, he won a flag and played near 100+ games

Who gives a s**t Marto, it's not about you...

Of course you are free to have an opinion, who cares if people disagree.

Oh... And Saad was approaching 22 when he played his first year. After three years at Northern in the VFL.

I'd hope, whilst kicking the 28 goals .... That Temp or Lonie average double figure touches and create some goals.
There's more to footy as a fwd... Than averaging 1.5 gpg... Including many "Joe the gooses"

Are Dragit...

I agree absolutely... Now if people would just understand that... I would be either counter argued on point..... or ignored?

Instead of being subject to passionate, yet vitriolic responses...

Ie/you're not a glass half full person... For instance? Relevance?? Accurate?

For starters... He's as rookie?

Won't play unless required.... 32 players on the senior list, he cannot replace??

He's a wasted pick IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did they accept losing after 2010? Not sure they wanted to be sh^t

Are you saying that because they lose?

We lose, do we accept it? ..... Personally I think it's a load of garbage, and an excuse...

They lose because they are not good enough... Simple as that, as we do ATM... They are not confident, because they are not good enough....

Ie/ last two years Nath Jones is easily their best player... He'd be lucky to be top 8 player at a top club... He slightly better than GO

If you believe that tripe, you'd swallow anything.... IMO

StBill

How much VFL do you watch?

I interpret the meaning behind this innocent sounding question as "if you don't attend VFL matches at the same level as Big Mart, then your opinion is not as valid as Big Mart's".

Everyone on this board is entitled to an opinion.

If you believe that tripe, you'd swallow anything.... IMO

Your post above is acceptable until the bit I quoted. It is rude and unnecessary
Please omit this antisocial behavior from your posting

I find it funny kildonian, you I think moderate this forum, pretend to want to eradicate certain behaviours... And in particular delete my posts at YOUR whim....

Yet, often you go after me, off topic and play the man?

This thread is a perfect example
I asked a question of StBill, because I was surprised about his assessment of Bruce who was switched fwd in R13 vs Port with stats I'll add later, and he (and you didn't rate that highly)
You chimed in with a comment about ME not the topic, you used it as an opportune time to have a dig.
You need apply your own standards to yourself... It was another unnecessary post by you, perhaps moderate yourself?
You will use your authoritative power to delete this post though, not because it should, but you don't want it read... Because it questions your fairness

Back to topic
St Bill
We have differing views.
Josh played CHB in his first half a dozen games at Sandy, with good numbers... Not outstanding, but enough to get him a few senior games, which again he acquitted himself reasonably well.
In R13 he went fwd and had the following games... BTW I said two games, not an entire season?
Vs Port Melbourne
Best player, 16 disposals, 10 marks, 1 tackle,2 goals... At CHF
Vs Frankston
3rd best player, 16 disposals, 10 marks, 2 goals... At CHF

He didn't play deep fwd, as Lee or White does... He got double figure possessions and took double figure marks which Lee or White rarely do?

I would ask you.... if a player kicks 3 goals from 6 possessions, 3 marks.... As a deep fwd, vs a player who kicks 1 goal takes 8 marks and gets 15 touches... Who has had the better game IYO?

Now, if a CHF churns out those number consistently, he'd go down as a champion... But, it's only the VFL and Josh Bruce is never going to be a champion... However those numbers in his limited opportunity fwd... Were certainly better than the numbers Lee and White got in the first 10 rounds... Which you'd have seen as you watch VFL
Lee struggled early rounds, except a haul of 4 vs Frankston... A few times he got less than 8 possessions... Whilst White was in the ressies early and struggling.
Lee, can if the midfield is on top kick goals... But can go missing, does not get to enough contests, and whist he is a good kick... Doesn't get enough of the ball. IMO he is like Simpkin, at his ceiling, which is not AFL standard.
White is inconsistent, because he's still raw... He's lazy at times, and has poor defensive traits. But improving.

You should admit to a few other things?....

At least attempt to be unbiased? I do believe grinning a bit about posts that are baiting... Is not necessarily the role of a moderator.

Btw
Why is suggesting that "IMO believing something is a load of tripe" antisocial? Am I not entitled to that opinion?
It's forward, yes... But no more forward than you are being?

Being a bully or passive aggressive is antisocial?!

'Delete'

Agreeing with me is not allowed, it's anti-StK!!

Kildonian, it must be nice to be able to police... But who polices the police??

Queensland cops, they get the prostitutes to gobble their ...... Ah, the 80s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back