Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious

We're 18th

How dare I critisise our performance... Seriously.

If one isn't being justifiably negative in our current situation... I may as well be a mindless drone?!

This place is like a commy regime, if it's not the company line... Watch out!!

Any-who
You can have your opinions and have a mutual wank over a 'Great Pre-Season'
I'll judge us on actual performance... Be REALISTIC about where we're at... I don't likeclutching at straws.. Doesn't make me feel warmer or cosier...

Just because I'm not blowing smoke ... It's villainous. So funny.

How's this - I remember getting smashed because I intimated White is struggling, so...

Spencer is going gangbusters!!!!
Yes we get what you're saying because everyone of your post is exactly same, and your not scared to say we are SH1T good for you. I think if we were on top of the ladder smashing every team, you would still find something to complain about because its the easy way to get through life finding negatives in everything.

If we were doing something poorly. Like not developing, then yes Mowman... I would be critical. Hang on, sounds like 2009/2010.

I got absolutely howled down for criticism in those years for being critical of drafting and development. It has been universally excepted now, that was the case... What I don't want is vindication.
What I would like, is not denying a post because it's negative... But because it's wrong. Whilst I do focus on negative issue a lot, I get targeted for that reason... Not because of the validity.

I play a lot of cricket, and always focus on negative aspects of my game. I believe the good takes care of itself, the negative can get better. It's my style. Because StK are poor historically, I like to focus on why we aren't good... Rather than celebrate what successes we have.

Each to their own... But I won't be dictated to by a bunch of Internet bullies, because I don't adhere to their thinking.

Or AR and most other people know more than Bunk Moreland

Hickey is a better ruckman than Billy as he is more experienced.

But Both have weaknesses.

Tom is not missing through lack of minutes, AR just believes Billy will play the ruck role he requires in a better fashion.

Hickey was not impressive as a ruckman on Sat but he spreads better than Billy.

Remember the vitriol Bunk spewed after we overlooked Petracca
Made me look as rational and positive as Snake

De facto that doesn't even make sense?

I'll explain it for you from a Fwds pov

When team has the ball... Work hard to get separation or work hard create space or work hard make a contest

When in dispute, get to a dangerous spot and keep moving

When opposition have it... Defend, defend, defend.

Spencer did not do a couple of those things well.

Btw
We lost the GF by a kick
Cousins vs Eddy/McQualter/Clarke Composure of a 30yo premiership Brownlow medallist captain 4 times B&F and 5 times AA
Vs three guys delisted in their prime

Hmm... A risky decision. Would BC run into an open goal and miss from 15m?
I don't give a stuff how muck crack he smokes now or prior to then.. If he played the same season at stk as he did at Rich
We win flag imo
He goes back into rehab mid season who cares... Lovett was worse imo he didn't even try at training. BC was a manic preparer

De facto that doesn't even make sense?

I'll explain it for you from a Fwds pov

When team has the ball... Work hard to get separation or work hard create space or work hard make a contest

When in dispute, get to a dangerous spot and keep moving

When opposition have it... Defend, defend, defend.

Spencer did not do a couple of those things well.

Btw
We lost the GF by a kick
Cousins vs Eddy/McQualter/Clarke Composure of a 30yo premiership Brownlow medallist captain 4 times B&F and 5 times AA
Vs three guys delisted in their prime

Hmm... A risky decision. Would BC run into an open goal and miss from 15m?
I don't give a stuff how muck crack he smokes now or prior to then.. If he played the same season at stk as he did at Rich
We win flag imo
He goes back into rehab mid season who cares... Lovett was worse imo he didn't even try at training. BC was a manic preparer

He was a massive drug addict who had a bad influence on the youth at richmond and probably played high. He may have taken Gardy back down a dark road too.

He wasn't that year

Tested every week, not positive once

Cotchin, Delidio have stated BC was a massive positive influence
He taught them how to train like a champion

He was a massive drug addict who had a bad influence on the youth at richmond and probably played high. He may have taken Gardy back down a dark road too.
How do u know he was a bad influence on the youth at Richmond ? If you're implying he influenced Martin and Connors, you're mistaken . I have to agree with Big Mart that cousins would've been huge for us

How do u know he was a bad influence on the youth at Richmond ? If you're implying he influenced Martin and Connors, you're mistaken . I have to agree with Big Mart that cousins would've been huge for us

There are plenty of things that could have changed things but the guy had issues. If the guy was under pressure in finals it could have been different. I don't know for sure but he seemed to be there then they had cultural issues afterwards. I have put 2 and 2 together. I would rather not have problematic characters at the club.

There are plenty of things that could have changed things but the guy had issues. If the guy was under pressure in finals it could have been different. I don't know for sure but he seemed to be there then they had cultural issues afterwards. I have put 2 and 2 together. I would rather not have problematic characters at the club.
I understand it's easy to put 2 and 2 together given his history but he was a very good mentor to the kids (in football terms ) plus our players / club/ culture could handle him back then as opposed to Richmond

Sam Fisher, Jason Gram, Andrew Lovett, Michael Gardiner, Heath Black, Peter Everitt, Steve Lawrence.

We've had our share of questionable characters... When they are champions they generally do one thing right. Play footy!

I understand it's easy to put 2 and 2 together given his history but he was a very good mentor to the kids (in football terms ) plus our players / club/ culture could handle him back then as opposed to Richmond
I wouldve loved Benny at the Saints , unfortunately our club at the time was under massive pressure from the media
over other issues .

Gotta be brave sometimes... Risk vs reward

Stewart Dew, Brian Lake

I was absolutely against A Lovett though
Lazy, overrated and had achieved very little.. And we had to give up a R1 pick + he's a woman basher drunk

Ben was a substance addict... As a fellow and a footballer he was actually good value... Infectious with his charisma and admired with his work rate. Plus he had a resume equal to Robert Harvey... That comes if you can play a bit. For nothing on base wage?!

Would we not have had the leadership Lyon, Silvagni, Tudor, Riewoldt, Hayes, Ball to guide Benny. Went ok with MG who was actually the bad boy of the Perth dynamic duo.

Our committee was too scared, realised there mistake and threw a Million at Lovett????

Hey Fellas,

I am an avid saints man, I love the club and am rapped with the direction the personal in the administration, the coaching ranks, and the playing group are taking it in.

This love for the club is what brought me to this website as I thought I could gain a better insight to the club from people who are able to attend games, trainings, functions, fundraisers, etc that I cannot (I live in rural Victoria). While I have found some of this, I have also found something else and I have made an account to voice my reason.

Very rarely do these forums and the contributors provide real analysis and most posters don’t have a great deal of understanding of strategy, whether it be coaching strategy, recruitment strategy, list management strategy, etc, etc.

I can’t tell if it’s a hangout for Internet trolls or people who don’t think before they speak.

If the majority of saints’ fans are like this and these are the people who attend games I really can’t see myself going to a game and enjoying it.

We support a developing side, players will make mistakes and games won’t be won. Don’t s**t your pants over it.

Go saints

P.S. Writing IMO in a post doesn’t mean anything. Everything you write is your opinion. You wrote it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question, boys.

A Saints BF poster called Adam H - is this guy on the level?

Seems to be spending a lot of time trolling the Dogs board at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
He is a bona fide troll, don't take much of what he says seriously, just trying to wind people up.

Cheers
I think he is a parachute account of someone else here as Ive seen him post on the Saints board about 4 times ever from memory. He mainly just riles people up in the main board when things ultimately derail into a s**t on the saints topic.

Cheers
If you keep King Bont away from here, we will keep Adam H away from there. Deal??
:p:p

The fact that has come from you proves a week really is a long time in footy!!

What in hell does that mean?

Shenton was poor last week and I said so.

He was terrific this week, played a great game and I said so.

Some supporters cant bring themselves to give credit to a player they have critisised because their ego's wont let them.

OTOH I love it when a player turns it around for the Saints.

You see unlike some, I support ALL Saints players and hope the best for ALL Saints players. I want them to succeed and as I have said unlike some whose huge egos and insecurities wont allow them to change their views.

What in hell does that mean?

Shenton was poor last week and I said so.

He was terrific this week, played a great game and I said so.

Some supporters cant bring themselves to give credit to a player they have critisised because their ego's wont let them.

OTOH I love it when a player turns it around for the Saints.

You see unlike some, I support ALL Saints players and hope the best for ALL Saints players. I want them to succeed and as I have said unlike some whose huge egos and insecurities wont allow them to change their views.

It means exactly what I said. A week is a long time in footy. You absolutely ripped Shenton to shreds last week and this week you have given him a wrap. Don't take it to heart firey man!

But maybe you will learn not to be so harsh on a 15 game player and let the coach back him, the way that he has backed Longer also.

And don't act like you are such a great supporter when you post like this

If I see 1 more post with people mentioning Shentons stats as some sort of evidence that justifies his place in the team I'll lose it.
Watch the ******* game, watch his efforts. He's an absolute ******* who wouldn't get a game at any other club.

It means exactly what I said. A week is a long time in footy. You absolutely ripped Shenton to shreds last week and this week you have given him a wrap. Don't take it to heart firey man!

But maybe you will learn not to be so harsh on a 15 game player and let the coach back him, the way that he has backed Longer also.

I'll do what I want. Shenton cost us three goals last week and was s**t.

Was terrific tonight and said so.

Maybe you haven't the intellectual capacity to call it as you see it.

And if he is s**t next week, I will critisise him again.

After last week deserved to be dropped IMO. After this week deserves to keep his spot because he played well.

I know this type of revelation is a bit hard for some, but most sensible, rational people can see that.

i wonder if you can.

Are people seriously fighting on this thread? Perhaps I could get Billy Longer to point you to the scoreboard.

Flogs wont allow you to have an opinion on a player apparently. According to some you can only praise and never critisise a Saints player.

Was happy to say Shenton and Longer were terrific tonight, but some spud had to try and score points. Really pretty piss weak I would have thought

Are people seriously fighting on this thread? Perhaps I could get Billy Longer to point you to the scoreboard.
What did i miss??
Didnt notice any in fighting???
But then again ive had 15 beers. I love everybody at the moment :rainbow::p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back