Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I enjoy being realistic.

Goddard returning at the end of the year, trading in Swallow, Carlisle and Whitfield for cans of coke.

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Agree might come across as a bit "I told you so", on reflection but I do think that the responses have been a little bit touchy.

Disappointed by SK_MD's response inferring that I'm a tool based on previous posts, but you can't keep everyone happy.

I think I do have some strong opinions but am mostly non-combative and (nearly) always respectful to others POV as I was yesterday with I think it was Daddy Barrels thoughts on Watts yesterday.

Anywho...

Periphery

Last edited:
Now you're just coming across as a tool.

I'm 'more than welcome' am I? Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou Sir.
Never heard of someone getting offended by "you guys" and "more than welcome". Might be time to lighten up.

Rough Edges is just basically saying don't get your hopes up. A dose of reality probably isn't what this thread is about but just because it shatters a few dreams doesn't mean he can't post it.

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree might come across as a bit "I told you so", on reflection but I do think that the responses have been a little bit touchy.

Disappointed by SK_MD's response inferring that I'm a tool based on previous posts, but you can't keep everyone happy.

I think I do have some strong opinions but am mostly non-combative and (nearly) always respectful to others POV as I was yesterday with I think it was Daddy Barrels thoughts on Watts yesterday.

Anywho...

Periphery
Check out your DM. :thumbsu:

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Anywho...

That's fair enough. :thumbsu:

I do agree that this forum has been getting a bit hostile recently and people need to work on politely disagreeing while fostering conversation instead of shutting it down.

Keep on posting! The more the merrier imo!

Never heard of someone getting offended by "you guys" and "more than welcome". Might be time to lighten up.

Rough Edges is just basically saying don't get your hopes up. A dose of reality probably isn't what this thread is about but just because it shatters a few dreams doesn't mean he can't post it.
Just as I am allowed to call him on being thumpingly condescending if I feel it's so.

I agree with his post above, we disagreed perfectly amicably on Watts' game last night, but this wasn't his finest moment IMO.

He'll be fine. He's a big boy.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs

But does anyone actually think that we'll get these guys.... This whole thread for the last 3 years has been hypothetical tripe.... Surely people only read if for entertainment purposes right?

On SS Plugger 66 has some kind of Longer hate issues and wants him dumped for Hickey. I think Longer is getting better all the time. It was probably his best game. Even if he doesn't win the hit out he makes everyone a contest. His tap work is quite good but his around the ground work was good yesterday too. I think he had the 6th most FA points for us. We won't always have both available and right now with hickeys knees he is a better option for the bash and crash of full time ruck work.
I'm sure that would lead to some interesting debates with old m8 Marto...

You mean none of this is true?

I'm totally confused. Are you saying that the world I live in is Like some red white and black mash up of the matrix and deception? Is Rough_Edges really just the dream police come to shock me back into the real world.

I'd head for the door, but I'd much rather just wait for Leonardo D'Barrells to take me to the next level!

Just an honest question, but did anyone rate Cripps at his time at St Kilda?

yep, I did. I used to argue with Big Mart all the time because after a couple of games he labelled him soft and a spud. He did one duck where he pulled out in his first year and BM couldn't forgive him. He was a regular goal kicker and BM thought he was getting on the end of cheap ones. I always thought he showed a fair bit of promise and was devastated we lost another first rounder for a later pick. I don't know why he was so maligned.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
yep, I did. I used to argue with Big Mart all the time because after a couple of games he labelled him soft and a spud. He did one duck where he pulled out in his first year and BM couldn't forgive him. He was a regular goal kicker and BM thought he was getting on the end of cheap ones. I always thought he showed a fair bit of promise and was devastated we lost another first rounder for a later pick. I don't know why he was so maligned.

Only ever maligned by bigmart because he was such an egotist he could NEVER admit he was incorrect. Started with BM complaining that Cripps had no photo when drafted like it was some kind of slight. Then when Cripps was a skinny 18 y.o. Cripps squibbed it in a VFL game so BM bagged him relentlessly.

Most saints supporters thought he was OK and developing. Holds down a spot in the team coming second so is going OK.

DraftGuru_

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Okay I have taken some time to reflect and I will consider trading a Dare Iced Coffee to Carlton.

But under no circumstances will it be for Chris Yarran. At least I know my Iced Coffee wont go missing in the middle of a big game.

Only things I consider worth trading for at Carlton are future draft picks, their hovercraft or Daisy's bank account. Anything else in a Carlton jumper I will keep the coffee thank you very much.
I've worked out a deal with that Gilo flog. A Dare Iced coffee for rights to Bailey Rice. What do you guys reckon?

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
But 200 gamers are better than a teenager who's played less than 10 games so he doesn't deserve to play. We'll have to wait until they retire before we play him.

Mate.. You talk a lot of s**t and repeatedly. Unfortunately, there isn't a dislike button.

I hope you find what your name means. I'll go seek the comforts of the ignore button for you and highly recommend others do the same for you.

Peace.

Back