Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

A Greek named Brian? I'm confused
Not Brian , Bwian
397196_10150506493493323_612478883_n.jpg

Im starting to feel bad for taking the piss out of Brian. Brian, if your listening, I welcome anyone who is passionate about the St Kilda footy club. So lets all be mates, and contribute positively to this forum. But don't talk to us like you're above us, because you aint.

what a turbulent last couple of days in this thread....

might as well throw my 2 cents in too.

1). Brian actually left SKOB for a couple of years to support St Bedes OC when Bevo was coach...when Bevo left, Brian went back to his beloved SKOB - make of that what you will!

2). I "talk" to mates/family/business contacts everyday...doesn't mean i pick up the phone and dial their number. It is such a loosley used word these days.

3). Where there's smoke, there's fire...i expect Bevo is the front-runner for the job (unfortunately)

Good to see nothing has changed on here. Come on here to try find latest & have to sift through 100 pages of complete and utter crap. Seriously This place is worse then Saintsational these days.

To people that don't like what Brian says, just put him on ignore its not rocket science. No one is forcing you to read what he says. It gets very boring having read you have go at him every single time he posts. Clear as day u have it in for him and no matter what he says u still argue and make personal attacks.If you have personal issue with a poster take it to PM.

Good to see nothing has changed on here. Come on here to try find latest & have to sift through 100 pages of complete and utter crap. Seriously This place is worse then Saintsational these days.

To people that don't like what Brian says, just put him on ignore its not rocket science. No one is forcing you to read what he says. It gets very boring having read you have go at him every single time he posts. Clear as day u have it in for him and no matter what he says u still argue and make personal attacks.If you have personal issue with a poster take it to PM.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Wow Bevo leaks like a sieve.

One poster on here talks to him while he is in the US, another over at SS lives 137 metres from Bevo's place and talked to him at the races (must have been at one of those dirt tracks in the States).

Wonder if he knows his whereabouts are being meticulously followed by his insiders at two football forums.

Maybe allow the moderators to do their job. Kildonan has been on this thread, is there a need for you to order people about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Shaun, but with respect this place is in no way worse than, or even like Saintsational.

That place is a howling cesspit of bickering, egos and longstanding rivalries where new posters who upset the status quo are clearly unwelcome.

There are some strong personalities here, sure, and occasional disagreements, but this board is generally fairly harmonious and a damn sight more polite and welcoming.

IMO, most of the criticism of Brian was over the top, but adopting such a condescending attitude toward the bulk of posters was hardly his best effort.

TL;DR: Saintsational is an asylum, this place is a sometimes dysfunctional family. Brian unfairly maligned but ill-advisedly condescending.

this thread is pure gold. what a laugh. I've laughed at some of the BS this BS has posted but these latest really take the cake. Didnt think anyone would take him seriously after he jealously came into the WB board the day after the Dogs announced Tom Boyd wanted to be traded to the dogs, then proceeded to tell us all he had knowledge that Boyd and his manager had no idea of Tom wanting a trade to the dogs only for Pickering 2 hours later to come on trade radio and announce Boyd will be going to the dogs this year or next and 1 day later for Tom Boyd to be traded to the dogs. Now he thinks he's an elitist. If people still believe him after all this then all hope is lost on this forum!

He hasn't even been interviewed yet, and that is a fact. He may also not want to be interviewed, and that is a fact also.
"he may also not want to be interviewd, and that is a fact also" ................... wow. just wow.

Wow Bevo leaks like a sieve.

One poster on here talks to him while he is in the US, another over at SS lives 137 metres from Bevo's place and talked to him at the races (must have been at one of those dirt tracks in the States).

Wonder if he knows his whereabouts are being meticulously followed by his insiders at two football forums.

just choked laughing. good read

Agree Shaun, but with respect this place is in no way worse than, or even like Saintsational.

That place is a howling cesspit of bickering, egos and longstanding rivalries where new posters who upset the status quo are clearly unwelcome.

There are some strong personalities here, sure, and occasional disagreements, but this board is generally fairly harmonious and a damn sight more polite and welcoming.

IMO, most of the criticism of Brian was over the top, but adopting such a condescending attitude toward the bulk of posters was hardly his best effort.

TL;DR: Saintsational is an asylum, this place is a sometimes dysfunctional family. Brian unfairly maligned but ill-advisedly condescending.

Pretty accurate I think, checked out saintsation a few times over the last year and that place just seems like people sniping and and taking pot shots at each other. Brian may get unfairly maligned sometimes, but he also gets maligned fairly, when he acts like a tool. I think 90% of my time on here has been very relaxed and most people seem to get on, there's only the occasional off topic tangent now and again and that's usually because we've got nothing to talk about at that point in time (ala giant gap between trade week and draft.)

I somewhat agree with Shaun. This place, for probably the 3rd Offseason out of 4, has been pretty awful n terms of the infighting. Last year and 2011, fair enough, people were split on Watters and Lyon before him, but this year its crap.

I think Brian probably needs a slightly thicker skin if he chooses to remain with the community. But the past 15 months have probably gone over the top, and some have been more than unreasonable, especially for a valuable contributor.

I somewhat agree with Shaun. This place, for probably the 3rd Offseason out of 4, has been pretty awful n terms of the infighting. Last year and 2011, fair enough, people were split on Watters and Lyon before him, but this year its crap.

I think Brian probably needs a slightly thicker skin if he chooses to remain with the community. But the past 15 months have probably gone over the top, and some have been more than unreasonable, especially for a valuable contributor.

You think? Reckon this place is serene compared to SS. It is pretty tightly moderated and to make it a wholly more enjoyable experience, the ignore function works a treat.

SS could benefit from the ignore technology employed here. Completely cuts out the ignored members posts and quoted posts.

I reckon one or two of the oxygen thieves over there would either stop posting or give up completely if they couldn't bait or start flame wars.

This place is a haven from the some of the usual suspects from SS.

I can say with authority, that I have some mail from within the club regarding next year...

My membership renewal letter arrived today.

Source: Impeccable.

Have to agree about the ignore button.

As an ex SS douche, I can honestly say that just getting stuck into people isn't worth the energy.

I have had many spats with Thunda and Brian, but in the end they are both anonymous forum posters, so why the stress?

Escalating things or taking pot shots is just stupid, and I should know more than most.

Just treat as you wish to be treated.

Yeah I'm a Saintsational refugee too, I came here after Joffaboy's alterego Bunk Moreland worded me up on the ignore features. Thanks Joffaboy!

I think it's a stretch to say this forum is hugely better - you also have your principal posters, a lot of bickering over minor points, which I suppose was StKildaThunda's point - but I have been impressed with the way conflicts are resolved a lot more maturely here. You also don't seem to have trolls, although maybe it is off season. I'd say the intellect of the average poster here seems to be a tad higher here, which I may balance out if I defect for good.

I'm considering going for citizenship. Still go to Saintsational now and then, but we'll see. It has to be said things go a bit slower here. It's also true the layout isn't as good, but that's like complaining about living in a dull aussie suburb after fleeing from an impoverished culturall'y rich country I suppose!

I don't use emoticons.

I also like the interaction that is possible with rival fans, which makes trolling unnecessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back