Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

People are always on here all oohh sammy hamill. What did he actually do for us . All I can recall is the contest he shirked when he clashed knees with someone and was never the same ... I'm happy to be corrected but nothing comes to mind ..
:rolleyes:

Too obvious.

was a serious question actually . Please list his st kilda achievements . Either list them or tell me I'm right

What . Elaborate .. You expert
Fine. I'll bite.

image.jpeg

98 games, 125 goals. Club captain in 2003. Spiritual leader for much longer than that. Preseason cup winning skipper in 2004.

The whole playing group walked taller when he was on the field, but don't take that from me, take it from Ross Lyon:

"Aaron is a tremendously respected figure and he has played a significant role in getting this team to where it stands today. We all wish him the best in his retirement as he prepares for life after footy".

image.jpeg

Then he became our forward line coach - part-time from 2012, then full-time from last year - during which time he's presided over growth in Tim Membrey, who's been likened to him, and significant improvement in Josh Bruce, who's lauded for his defensive pressure as a key forward, and been pivotal in Darren Minchington's growth in self-belief; as Meatball himself said:

"Sammy's been awesome. He's always got faith me, he's always riding me, but we get along great."

"Just to make sure I'm always at the front of the contest, it just keeps my head in the game."

But hey, go on and tell us he's done nothing noteworthy genius. Well trolled.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Fine. I'll bite.

98 games, 125 goals. Club captain in 2003. Spiritual leader for much longer than that. Preseason cup winning skipper in 2004.

The whole playing group walked taller when he was on the field, but don't take that from me, take it from Ross Lyon: "Aaron is a tremendously respected figure and he has played a significant role in getting this team to where it stands today. We all wish him the best in his retirement as he prepares for life after footy".

Then he became our forward line coach - part-time from 2012, then full-time from last year - during which time he's presided over growth in Tim Membrey and Josh Bruce and been pivotal in Darren Minchington's improvement, as Meatball himself said:
"Sammy's been awesome. He's always got faith me, he's always riding me, but we get along great."

"Just to make sure I'm always at the front of the contest, it just keeps my head in the game."

Throw in that the forward line was...

... wait, why am I wasting time talking about this? And what the hell has this got to do with pre-season 2015/16.

Trolls is trollin'.

Fine. I'll bite.

View attachment 197777

The whole playing group walked taller when he was on the field, but don't take that from me, take it from Ross Lyon:

"Aaron is a tremendously respected figure and he has played a significant role in getting this team to where it stands today. We all wish him the best in his retirement as he prepares for life after footy".

View attachment 197776

Then he became our forward line coach - part-time from 2012, then full-time from last year - during which time he's presided over growth in Tim Membrey, who's been likened to him, and significant improvement in Josh Bruce, who's lauded for his defensive pressure as a key forward, and been pivotal in Darren Minchington's growth in self-belief; as Meatball himself said:

View attachment 197778
Why you make so much sense!?

If anything Sammy deserves more respect.

very tough footballer.

Why you make so much sense!?

If anything Sammy deserves more respect.

very tough footballer.
In his time in R,W & B - 6 seasons - he averaged 13.35 touches, 4.4 marks and 1.26 goals. He also averaged 3.35 tackles per game, back before 'forward pressure' was a genuine thing.

Marking forwards weren't meant to chase back then, it was as much a cliche as 'ruckmen can't kick'.

He was a gun.

Last edited:
Ahh people who differ in opinion are trolls .. Ok . I guess he is in the champion of the club along side Kosi ... You guys are a joke

Ahh people who differ in opinion are trolls .. Ok . I guess he is in the champion of the club along side Kosi ... You guys are a joke

It's not that you're a troll because you have a different opinion. It's how you go about phrasing your posts. You had about 3 swipes at a former club captain who is now a full time coach at the club in a couple of sentences. People might be inclined to respond a bit more positively if your post wasn't so negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll try to only post things that conform from now on . Sorry I had my own thoughts there for a minute ...

I need to get this off my chest and know I will be criticised for it but here goes...

IMO our recruiters have had a shocker this year, we have recruited -

Carlisle a junkie with the maturity of a 15 y/o. Whom his old club couldnt wait to see the end of him!
Freeman a broken down race horse from Collingwood who in all likelood will not play a game of AFL!

Then we go to the draft and with our first pick we select a mIdget with the the frame the size of a jockey!

Then we pick another back flanker when we are screaming out for midfielders. Lastly we pick a father son who is an outside lazy kid who shouldnt even be selected as rookie let alone on the senior list.

Then we go to the rookie draft and above all we pick a kid who cant run cant kick and is another jockey sized midfielder WTF. Coulghlan may turn out ok but the rest I have serious doubts over.

So in summary this year we gave up our 1st & 2nd round pick for Carlisle (junkie) and a midget. We gave up next years 2nd round pick for an injury prone athlete that may never play a game due to his injuries? And we drafted two more medium defenders which we have dozens of.

After which Ameet and Trout were patting each other on the back. I will suggest that it will be the worst trade/draft year we have had since Watters first came to the club, terribly negative I kmow but thats how I feel!

I need to get this off my chest and know I will be criticised for it but here goes...

Carlisle a junkie with the maturity of a 15 y/o. Whom his old club couldnt wait to see the end of him!
Freeman a broken down race horse from Collingwood who in all likelood will not play a game of AFL!

Then we go to the draft and with our first pick we select a mIdget with the the frame the size of a jockey!

Then we pick another back flanker when we are screaming out for midfielders. Lastly we pick a father son who is an outside lazy kid who shouldnt even be selected as rookie let alone on the senior list.

Then we go to the rookie draft and above all we pick a kid who cant run cant kick and is another jockey sized midfielder WTF. Coulghlan may turn out ok but the rest I have serious doubts over.

So in summary this year we gave up our 1st & 2nd round pick for Carlisle (junkie) and a midget. We gave up next years 2nd round pick for an injury prone athlete that may never play a game due to his injuries? And we drafted two more medium defenders which we have dozens of.

After which Ameet and Trout were patting each other on the back. I will suggest that it will be the worst trade/draft year we have had since Watters first came to the club, terribly negative I kmow but thats how I feel!

So I take it you're not happy?

Even if our trade period was as bad as you think it was (it wasn't) then it would still be of better quality than what you just typed out and posted on this forum.

Billy Madison couldn't have done a worse job of summing up.

image.jpeg

:thumbsdown:

I mean how can you expect to be taken seriously when you say s**t like:

"Carlisle a junkie with the maturity of a 15 y/o"
"Freeman a broken down race horse"
"mIdget with the the frame the size of a jockey!"
"outside lazy kid who shouldnt even be selected as rookie let alone on the senior list."
"pick a kid who cant run cant kick and is another jockey sized midfielder"

I mean seriously. If that's the extent of your thoughts on these matters then you should probably just keep it to yourself.

Man i may disagree but please keep posting
If Carlisle f's up again and if Freeman can't stay on the park then i will understand you frustration.
Gresham though is a pretty good punt in a weaker draft and rookies are rookies.
Rice is good if nothing because he picked us and cost nothing his problem is fitness and Geary will be a role model for him or he will never replace him and make the 22

You wanna talk about having a shocker, just look in the mirror. I don't know what kind of ****ed up home brew you were buzzing off while you farted that diatribe out, but it stands as a testament to the weakest element of our support, the reactionary binary thought process emotive garbage that frustrates more reasonable forumites. Yes sir, you are entitled to your own opinion, but it doesn't make it credible and you have wilfully ignored facts and reason, so why should we respect this opinion of yours? You've said your piece, thanks for that. I hope you'll now feel like you've got that off your chest enough to move on.

Carlisle is no more a junkie than anyone who's had a handful of drinks is an alcoholic. It scares me that a man in your profession can have such a view, and validates the stereotype the public have of folks in your line of work. Sorry to get personal but hey; that's MY opinion.
Freeman has had one setback and you've put the curtain round him. I hope you don't own any racehorses! Gresham was widely touted to go high because of his skills, but you reckon he's not tall enough. You've written off the rest of our draftees at the stroke of a keyboard just because it fits in with the rant. They've not played one game for us yet, you don't think you've gone a trifle early?

NB: If it does somehow turn out that Carlisle continues to have drug related incidents and Freeman turns out to be our new Jesse Smith and Gresham, O'Kearney, White and Rice are all spuds, then I'll agree with you and buy you some Schraderbrau and tell the world that I was a tool to mock your pessimism.

You wanna talk about having a shocker, just look in the mirror. I don't know what kind of stuffed up home brew you were buzzing off while you farted that diatribe out, but it stands as a testament to the weakest element of our support, the reactionary binary thought process emotive garbage that frustrates more reasonable forumites. Yes sir, you are entitled to your own opinion, but it doesn't make it credible and you have wilfully ignored facts and reason, so why should we respect this opinion of yours? You've said your piece, thanks for that. I hope you'll now feel like you've got that off your chest enough to move on.

Carlisle is no more a junkie than anyone who's had a handful of drinks is an alcoholic. It scares me that a man in your profession can have such a view, and validates the stereotype the public have of folks in your line of work. Sorry to get personal but hey; that's MY opinion.
Freeman has had one setback and you've put the curtain round him. I hope you don't own any racehorses! Gresham was widely touted to go high because of his skills, but you reckon he's not tall enough. You've written off the rest of our draftees at the stroke of a keyboard just because it fits in with the rant. They've not played one game for us yet, you don't think you've gone a trifle early?

NB: If it does somehow turn out that Carlisle continues to have drug related incidents and Freeman turns out to be our new Jesse Smith and Gresham, O'Kearney, White and Rice are all spuds, then I'll agree with you and buy you some Schraderbrau and tell the world that I was a tool to mock your pessimism.
WHACK! :eek:

You wanna talk about having a shocker, just look in the mirror. I don't know what kind of stuffed up home brew you were buzzing off while you farted that diatribe out, but it stands as a testament to the weakest element of our support, the reactionary binary thought process emotive garbage that frustrates more reasonable forumites. Yes sir, you are entitled to your own opinion, but it doesn't make it credible and you have wilfully ignored facts and reason, so why should we respect this opinion of yours? You've said your piece, thanks for that. I hope you'll now feel like you've got that off your chest enough to move on.

Austinn I didnt expect it to be a popular opinion and accept your criticisms.The last I noticed however illicit drug taking was still illegal and frowned upon by the majority of society. If you believe that was the first time Carlisle had used illicit drugs then you are a very niave individual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back