Scandal Rape charges dropped as Milne pleads Guilty to indecent assault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is there to discuss, exactly. Sadly, nobody knows the truth but those involved - whether that's innocence or guilt.

What's the difference between rape and indecent assault? (Genuine question)

Penetration!

He's now pleaded GUILTY so he is guilty and it wont go to trial he just has to be sentenced.
Big question I think is as this is a sexual matter will Milne be placed on the Sexual Offenders Registry or has his legal team worked out a deal as not having a clear police check would ruin his chances of working in AFL Circles ever again I would think.

Sexual penetration.
Basically rape legally covers acts of sexual penetration.
Indecent assault covers all other forms of sexual acts without consent except for sexual penetration.

Doesn't that mean a false rape accusation was made if this was the outcome?

329374_milne.jpg

Penetration!

He's now pleaded GUILTY so he is guilty and it wont go to trial he just has to be sentenced.
Big question I think is as this is a sexual matter will Milne be placed on the Sexual Offenders Registry or has his legal team worked out a deal as not having a clear police check would ruin his chances of working in AFL Circles ever again I would think.
Yeah because if he isnt put on the sex offenders registry no one will ever know this happened

There are people who believe that you dont even need to be touched to be raped. Its not like the event never happened and shes making this up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. Or, more likely, there were issues with the weight of evidence to convict on the more serious charges and as a result he is being prosecuted for a lesser charge with a greater chance of conviction.

Something happened that night, but the evidence has been leaked and the investigation hampered and muddied. We will never know.

Milne has pleaded guilty to the lesser sexual assault offence of indecent assault. So he is guilty by law.
I wouldn't be blaming the victim of the assault just because the perpetrator is an AFL player.
If you are inferring that the victim is a liar then that is a disgusting slur and only compounds her distress.

Last edited:
Stinks of a deal being done one would think?

It doesn't "stink" of a deal being done, it is blatantly obvious that a deal has been done. Prosecutors clearly thought they would not be successful in convicting him for rape while Milne's lawyers thought he would go for the lesser charge regardless and it wasn't worth the risk of going to trial.

There is a difference between the two. Theoretically she could have not realised till after they ****ed it was Milne and he had touched her after she said no more. Hence no rapes were committed but this charge was.

Possibly. Or, more likely, there were issues with the weight of evidence to convict on the more serious charges and as a result he is being prosecuted for a lesser charge with a greater chance of conviction.
Not-so-effectively, yes. But really it's a definite deal just to end it.

Fair enough.

If it was a false allegation and this was revealed to the Prosecuting Attorneys then all charges would have been dropped and Milne would have no conviction. The fact that he's still been charged with sexual assault says he had a case to answer to. The reasons for the deal can be many, and we may never know why. Blaming the victim is an old sport in rape cases, and a shameful one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back