Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I'm just about ready to go for round 1 now.

Defence: Mcveigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Suckling, D Swallow, L McDonald ( laidler, Tippett)

Midfield: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Thomas, Ellis, Polec, Tyson ( Mitchie, Wanganeen)

Rucks: Natanui, Sandilands (Currie, Thurlow)

Forward: D. Martin, Dangerfield, T.Mitchell, Zorko, Wright, Caddy ( Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

Just about my final team now. Probably a few risks in there, but I'm fairly happy with it. Rating out of 10 and thoughts?

Fantasy - Classic.png

Just a thought....why don't people say whether the team they are posting is rd1, rd2 of they aren't worrying about the free hit?
Out of interest I reckon there is only half my rd1 team going to be there for rd2.

This

I'm going for more premos who are playing weaker teams in round 1 to try to capitalise and get a great start

will then get my "normal team" set for round 2

here's my final(ish) effort for 2014. Only my 2nd season in AFL Dream Team (made semi final last year, but in a mate's league this time round so extra incentive...). Any comments bad or good welcome! cheers team.jpg

My current side (FWIW).... Emergencies are placeholders until we can work out who is actually playing.

Interesting comments on Round 1 v Round 2, will be keen to see how that progresses. I suspect at least half of people trying to get a spike in Rnd 1 will live to regret it.

D: McVeigh, Mitchell, Harbrow, Suckling, McDonald, Langford - Langdon, Georgiou
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Libba, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Polec - Cunningham, Ellis
R: Lobbe, Sandi - Derickx, Thurlow
F: Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Gunston, Caddy, Hunter - Rohan, Kennedy-Harris

here's my final(ish) effort for 2014. Only my 2nd season in AFL Dream Team (made semi final last year, but in a mate's league this time round so extra incentive...). Any comments bad or good welcome! cheersView attachment 46650

Couple of quick notes just from looking at the team

- Claye Beams is injured with a fractured foot and out for 2 months. Clark, Kersten + Bock are all injured as well. Hibberd is also injured.
- Surely you'd be better off selecting Mcveigh in Defence and selecting another premium mid, like Cotchin or a Watson etc, instead of midfield, unless your planning to utilise DPP, which frankly isn't that necessary with 2 trades per week this season.

Couple of quick notes just from looking at the team

- Claye Beams is injured with a fractured foot and out for 2 months. Clark, Kersten + Bock are all injured as well. Hibberd is also injured.
- Surely you'd be better off selecting Mcveigh in Defence and selecting another premium mid, like Cotchin or a Watson etc, instead of midfield, unless your planning to utilise DPP, which frankly isn't that necessary with 2 trades per week this season.

cheers for that lion4life - much appreciated; back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Anyone got any tips for a good 400,000-450,000 mid or 2? I've got Tzungu and Burgoyne at the moment but not sold on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comments on Round 1 v Round 2, will be keen to see how that progresses. I suspect at least half of people trying to get a spike in Rnd 1 will live to regret it.

Was thinking that way mate... Then I culled my bench to upgrade a Rookie to Swanny for Round 1. Winning :thumbsu:

Anyone got any tips for a good 400,000-450,000 mid or 2? I've got Tzungu and Burgoyne at the moment but not sold on it.

I actually prefer the 300-350k mids this season like Thomas and Shield instead of those in that awkward 400-450k. The mids there aren't quite premiums.

If you were looking for a mid in that range, I'd go with Zaharakis at 444k or Wines at 402k

Anyone? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team looks solid, but isn't Seedsman injured. Also not entirely sold on Westhoff, especially with Port not having such an easy opening few rounds as they did last year. Would prefer Roughead at that price. Plays the Lions in round 1 and is absolutely going to maul us.

Think I'm just about ready to go for round 1 now.

Defence: Mcveigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Suckling, D Swallow, L McDonald ( laidler, Tippett)

Midfield: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Thomas, Ellis, Polec, Tyson ( Mitchie, Wanganeen)

Rucks: Natanui, Sandilands (Currie, Thurlow)

Forward: D. Martin, Dangerfield, T.Mitchell, Zorko, Wright, Caddy ( Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

Anyone notice any holes?

This would have to be close to my final side any other things i should look into, other options?

Dreamteamfinal1.png

Was thinking that way mate... Then I culled my bench to upgrade a Rookie to Swanny for Round 1. Winning :thumbsu:

If it's a logical move and you can free up enough cap space for a week to do this, then go for it. But people were discussing having 8 rookies on the bench at 115K - not all these guys will play and you might find yourself an injury or late withdrawl from fielding one short for the week.

ok, my latest effort -thanks to you guys who gave feedback on my last effort without being too harsh (especially to a self-confessed pom 2.png :)

here is v2 of my starting team though still not sure of injuries; is there an AFL injuries website where we can check latest injury stats??

cheers all
Windy

Thoughts on my team?

To the best of my knowledge, Fuller, Claye Beams, Mitch Clark and Bock won't be playing. I'm no expert on Brisbane but I suspect Lewis Taylor wouldn't play. Alex Fasolo I'm not sure about, I guess you'll find out pretty soon though. As for the bench, L.Perris? There's way better options, especially with the amount of cash you have. You have quite a few changes to make :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back