Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Big mistake with Maric.. should of done my research there. Might just have to wear it for a couple of weeks until his back don't want to make a trade. I've got Longer as my emergency you'd think he'd play.

If AFL fantasy, got the rolling lockout so you can change maric until tomorrow. Ten we have the free hit anyway in which you can do team rom scratch. Should be fine either way

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So with Rd 1 almost done, interested to see who's sticking to their original team for Rd 2 on, and who's completely changing based on Rd 1 scores. I suspect Mitchell and Dangerfield will be removed from alot of teams (mine included probably)

Locks for me by line so far:
D: Hibberd, Swallow, Suckling, Langdon, Langford
M: Barlow, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Dunstan
R: Sandi, Currie
F: Martin, Caddy, Rohan

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting fact: Dangerfield scored 51 points in Round 1 2013. His lowest score of the year.

yep, certainly an interesting decision. No doubt he'll be one of the top fwds, just a question of if you think he'll drop in price enough to be worth not starting with. Sticking with him could def be the right thing to do.

Tbh, I was tossing up whether to start with him originally before Rd 1 (didnt have him in my Rd 1 side), probably will go without for now....I think.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
So with Rd 1 almost done, interested to see who's sticking to their original team for Rd 2 on, and who's completely changing based on Rd 1 scores. I suspect Mitchell and Dangerfield will be removed from alot of teams (mine included probably)

Locks for me by line so far:
D: Hibberd, Swallow, Suckling, Langdon, Langford
M: Barlow, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Dunstan
R: Sandi, Currie
F: Martin, Caddy, Rohan

Locks for me:
D: Swallow, R. Shaw, Langdon
M: pendles, treloar, beams, Tyson, polec, Dunstan
R: lobbe, Sandi, curry
F:martin, caddy, parker, Rohan

Rooks for def and forward are thin on the ground really

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My Rd 1 team effectively with loopholes readjusted: Fantasy not my #1 game this year, it shows, not a great squad

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, Langford (Laidler, NZ guy from Hawks)
C: Swan, Barlow, Cotchin (c), Beams, Shiels, Thomas, Tyson, Polec (Conway, O'Brien)
R: Cox, Sandilands (US guy from North, Smith)
F: Dangerfield, Mitchell, Roughead, Franklin, Gunston, Caddy (Rohan, Wearden)

Guys I'll probably take into Rd2, this will be pretty cookie cutter me thinks: still undecided on last 7/8.
McVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Swallow, Suckling, Langdon, Langford
Ablett, Cotchin, Beams, Shiels, Tyson, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan
Sandilands, Currie, Thurlow
Dangergfield, Mitchell, Roughead, Caddy, Rohan

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
My round 1 team. Think I'll ditch Hansen. I half expected him to score like he did at the end of last year.

AFLFantasyRound12014_zps67fc448c.jpg

Any other changes recommended?

StoneX

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Hastings
AFL Club
Essendon
My round 1 team. Think I'll ditch Hansen. I half expected him to score like he did at the end of last year.

[pic]

Any other changes recommended?
Agree with changing Hansen. Also Thurlow is still rookie listed and doesn't look like he'll be elevated so I'd swap him.

Opinions please? (I'm sacrificing round 8, so don't worry about too many round 8 players :) )
Rookies subject to who is named too.

S6OhPon.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fatrollo

Senior List
Oct 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Have gone with a bit of a risky mid-pricers strategy this year:
ZPYJxVe.png
Rather similar to mine - tactically, at least. I've also gone for a very risky, midpriced team though I also have ~$600k spare, though have plans to splurge that over the coming rounds as players go up and down, just so I can at least attempt to get some sort of better value and use the start of the fixture to my advantage. Here's hoping it works out, much like yours.

coyley56

Debutant
Mar 6, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should have done this a couple of weeks ago but I've been stuck at work.

Looking for some ratings round to was a round to forget worst captain choice I've ever made.
My team is.

Backs
Birchall, enright , swallow, Langdon, Langford, kolo, griffiths, georgiou

Mids
Beams, cotchin, Albett, Johnson, Watson, s selwood, Dyson, Dunstan, polec, Ellis

Rucks

Grundy, Sandi, currie, derickx,

Forwards

Westhoff, lecras, dahlhaus, riewoldt, zorko, rough head, Ambrose, Rohan,

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Really want to get in josh Kelly and Kane cornes this week

upload_2014-4-8_19-18-58.png

AFL Dream Team.

REMAINING SALARY: $35,015
TEAM VALUE: $11,450,420

Thoughts? I know I have a weak midfield, but with the new rules I am playing a mid pricer strategy and I have gotten quite a bit of cash. Over the next couple of weeks I will be downgrading a mid pricer, upgrading another.

Note: I dont think my backline will need major tinkering but hanley, enright, mcveigh will be on my watch cards

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-8_19-18-9.png
    upload_2014-4-8_19-18-9.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Really want to get in josh Kelly and Kane cornes this week

I would say that Langford wont make you much cash anymore. I traded him for S.Mitchell in the post I just put up.

I would keep an eye on enright, when he will come back? 400k+ not playing is wasting away points and cash. Lsat week I traded him for Jaensch. I would watch the teams on thursday.

You need to get rid of lecras, he is injured. No.1 priority. Chapman (injury cloud) or Merrett would be good targets.

My 2 cents

NOTE: This thread is almost dead. I thought you posted it after the weekend just gone. my bad

I would say that Langford wont make you much cash anymore. I traded him for S.Mitchell in the post I just put up.

I would keep an eye on enright, when he will come back? 400k+ not playing is wasting away points and cash. Lsat week I traded him for Jaensch. I would watch the teams on thursday.

You need to get rid of lecras, he is injured. No.1 priority. Chapman (injury cloud) or Merrett would be good targets.

My 2 cents

NOTE: This thread is almost dead. I thought you posted it after the weekend just gone. my bad

Solid advice.

Pinpoint your weakest link, and obviously who is inured. Then, try to maximise cashflow and points on the field.

Solid advice.

Pinpoint your weakest link, and obviously who is inured. Then, try to maximise cashflow and points on the field.

jep, I am still mulling over my trades but this week was Langford > Mitchell & caddy > Merrett.

I wanted kelly, but from a money making/points perspective the players killing me where langford, caddy, frost. The rest are going to make me money. Except maybe ambrose as he is injured, but with the forward rookie options he is worth holding on to.

The reason I chose to get rid of Langford over frost was Mitchell is cheap after his first round and I think Hunter is a better F6 then langdon is a d6.....plus I couldnt afford n.riewaldt and I am scared of chappy's health

Remove this Banner Ad

Back