Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimes is injured i wouldnt advise starting with him. good mids maybe Masten down to a rookie for extra cash to upgrade Grimes. Rucks and Forwards look pretty good

heres mine:
B: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Lake, Hargrave, Dempsey, Ellis (Morris, Bugg)
M: Pendles, Ablett, Watson, Chapman, Ledger, Smith (Magner, Clifton)
R: Jacobs, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Proplyzia, D Smith (Couch, Dickson)

$65K in bank

hey guys,

my second draft! Would love some feedback:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw. h, Hargrave, ellis smedtz, blee(morris, brown,l)
Mid: Ablett, Priddis, Watson, Thompson, Jetta, Clifton (Magner, Gipson)
Ruck: McEvoy, Jacobs (Giles, Redden)
Forward: Fyfe, Rioli, Martin, Cloke, Dangerfield, Smith, Treloar (Hall, Ah Chee)

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me some ideas? I've just changed a fair few rookies and know I probably have too many GWS guys and too many Tiges in the back but I'm hoping to sell most of them before the byes. Wishful thinking :)

B: Goddard, Scotland, Delidio, H. Shaw, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg, Morris, L. Brown

M: Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Thompson, Miles, Magner, C. Smith, Shiel

R: Cox, Mumford, Giles, Redden

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D. Smith, Zorko, Smedts, Kerridge, A. Kennedy, A. Hall

Weak forward but I'd like to see who is doing well before buying any.

HeY Guys,
First year of SuperCoach so don't really understand the system
but here is my team as of this morning. I'm not really sure if I have
a good team so some critique would be muchly appreciated.

BACKS:
Goddard, Shaw, Yarran, C.Howard, Hargrave, Ellis, Mohr
(Spurr, Morris)

MIDS: Ablett, Boyd, M.Murphy, Priddis, Cogniglio, C.Smith
(Kerridge, J.Macdonald)

RUCKS: Hale, Cordy
(Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS:
Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith
(Dickson, A.Kennedy)

$23,800 Left.

What are your thoughts?

Only problem I think at the moment is that my rucks are weak,
my forward line is overloaded and my Mids rookies. Help me out?

Ok slightly tweaked again, thoughts?

BACKS - Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis (Bugg, Morris)

MIDS - Ablett, Pendles, Jobe, S.Mitchell, Wingard, McDonald (Ledger, Magner)

RUCKS - Mummy, Giles (J.Redden, Stephensen)

FORWARDS - Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer, D.Smith (A.Kennedy, T.Dickson)

To be honest I got it down to the 2 forward subs and haven't seen any of them this season but just seen that they were popular choices here, are they looking pretty certain starters this year?

Left over: $113,400

Don't like Dempsey...done like the cost of wingard...dangerfield/porpz are also not my cup of tea.

Like Dickson (Y)

Overall great rookie selections tbh

Thoughts on my team? First time that I'm playing for money this year so have to take it a bit more seriously.

B: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Grimes, Dempsey, Lake, Ellis (Bugg & Wilkes)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Wingard, Ledger, Masten (Neale & Magner)

R: Mumford, Redden (Giles & Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Chapman, Martin, Smith, Weedon (Treloar & Kerridge)

Defensively, Grimes is a massive no. Don't do it. Dempsey is against what i believe in, and Wilkes won't play and if he does, won't score well.

Wingard bit expensive when that extra 55k could be used better elsewhere with a similar scoring rookie taking his spot. Masten is a no go for me. Would never risk it.

Rucks solid.

Weedon, Treloar and Kerridge...will they play?

heres mine:
B: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Lake, Hargrave, Dempsey, Ellis (Morris, Bugg)
M: Pendles, Ablett, Watson, Chapman, Ledger, Smith (Magner, Clifton)
R: Jacobs, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Proplyzia, D Smith (Couch, Dickson)

$65K in bank

Lake and Hargrave...i like the balls. I would have loved to have Malceski and Lake in my side, but can't swing the cash :(

Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Proplyzia, Couch...would never select myself personally, but the reward could be massive. I don't see it.

hey guys,

my second draft! Would love some feedback:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw. h, Hargrave, ellis smedtz, blee(morris, brown,l)
Mid: Ablett, Priddis, Watson, Thompson, Jetta, Clifton (Magner, Gipson)
Ruck: McEvoy, Jacobs (Giles, Redden)
Forward: Fyfe, Rioli, Martin, Cloke, Dangerfield, Smith, Treloar (Hall, Ah Chee)

Thanks!

Smeldts, Jetta, Jacobs, Ah Chee...really?

Other than that, i like it. Rioli is iffy and Cloke just doesn't do it for me, but both should average 100+ cos i don't have them.

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me some ideas? I've just changed a fair few rookies and know I probably have too many GWS guys and too many Tiges in the back but I'm hoping to sell most of them before the byes. Wishful thinking :)

B: Goddard, Scotland, Delidio, H. Shaw, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg, Morris, L. Brown

M: Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Thompson, Miles, Magner, C. Smith, Shiel

R: Cox, Mumford, Giles, Redden

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D. Smith, Zorko, Smedts, Kerridge, A. Kennedy, A. Hall

Weak forward but I'd like to see who is doing well before buying any.

Backline is solid. Looks set to me.

Miles and Shiel. Have they even played? Would look elsewhere tbh, but if you know something that i dont...

The rucks are huge. I would have got Giles R2 and Orren Stephenson as R4. use the cash elsewhere and get the other spots in order. Should be enough ruck cover until you need to upgrade mid/late season.

Forward line is weak. Dangerfield is everyones fav, but i still don't rate him. Might be at my peril. Zorko...did he ever play this pre season? Smedts and Kerridge...not sold. Too many spots take in their teams which might affect job security.

HeY Guys,
First year of SuperCoach so don't really understand the system
but here is my team as of this morning. I'm not really sure if I have
a good team so some critique would be muchly appreciated.

BACKS:
Goddard, Shaw, Yarran, C.Howard, Hargrave, Ellis, Mohr
(Spurr, Morris)

MIDS: Ablett, Boyd, M.Murphy, Priddis, Cogniglio, C.Smith
(Kerridge, J.Macdonald)

RUCKS: Hale, Cordy
(Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS:
Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith
(Dickson, A.Kennedy)

$23,800 Left.

What are your thoughts?

Only problem I think at the moment is that my rucks are weak,
my forward line is overloaded and my Mids rookies. Help me out?

Yarran and Howard are wastes. Other than that, the backline is good.

Decent midfield, Coniglio (too expensive for me), Smith and Kerridge (not impressed) are my concerns. I've had Kerridge in numerous times, but will he play? I wished Mcintyre would get games, as he's mature and cheeeeep

Hale and Cordy....geez risky. At least one of Cox and Mummy + Redden from port would have been my plan of attack, but Hale is gonna get some massive numbers early on.

Zaharakis, Steele and Dangerfield could all be boom or bust. Steele is solid and should be good, i just worry about the other two for their prices.

Backline is solid. Looks set to me.

Miles and Shiel. Have they even played? Would look elsewhere tbh, but if you know something that i dont...

The rucks are huge. I would have got Giles R2 and Orren Stephenson as R4. use the cash elsewhere and get the other spots in order. Should be enough ruck cover until you need to upgrade mid/late season.

Forward line is weak. Dangerfield is everyones fav, but i still don't rate him. Might be at my peril. Zorko...did he ever play this pre season? Smedts and Kerridge...not sold. Too many spots take in their teams which might affect job security.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Several of my rookies are waiting to see if they're named for round 1. I'd changed the ruck set-up and added a premium FWD before I even read this :D :thumbsu:

Lots depends on waiting for the bloody squads.

I've gone the Michael Barlow risk as opposed to the Dangerfield breakout. It's tough :(

Backs. Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Clarke, Ellis , L Spurr ( Bugg, Darley)

Midfield. Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Thompson, Caddy, J Mcdonald ( Neale, Magner)

Ruck. Cox, Giles ( Redden, Stephenson)

Forward. Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, D Smith, A Hall. ( A Kennedy, Keeridge)

*some rookies are injured but are all subject to change once team sheets are released.

* really worried about the backline Clarke in particular. I'm also thinking Malceski is due for a big year, proven on the hbalf back flank and has had a big pre season. ( last year came back from a knee scores were down)

* gone for a risk with Caddy in the midfield, he's a bloody good player and accumulates the ball. will get plenty of opportunity if he stays injury free.

* Sidebottom the one at Collingwood that may sneak under the guard in a very strong midfield depth department.

What do others think? all i know is that i have done my head in.

Backs. Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Clarke, Ellis , L Spurr ( Bugg, Darley)

Midfield. Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Thompson, Caddy, J Mcdonald ( Neale, Magner)

Ruck. Cox, Giles ( Redden, Stephenson)

Forward. Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, D Smith, A Hall. ( A Kennedy, Keeridge)

*some rookies are injured but are all subject to change once team sheets are released.

* really worried about the backline Clarke in particular. I'm also thinking Malceski is due for a big year, proven on the hbalf back flank and has had a big pre season. ( last year came back from a knee scores were down)

* gone for a risk with Caddy in the midfield, he's a bloody good player and accumulates the ball. will get plenty of opportunity if he stays injury free.

* Sidebottom the one at Collingwood that may sneak under the guard in a very strong midfield depth department.

What do others think? all i know is that i have done my head in.

I likey. Reminds me of one of my earlier sides. Have gone riskier, but I like it.

Neale (James Mcdonald), kerridge (Bruce, Pfeiffer, Dickson), Spurr, Darley and Ellis (Morris, Clarke, Bower) have all been in my team, and are all now out.

Darley, Kerridge might return to my side when the teams are announced.

All I know is that we will have plenty of downgrade targets this year when teams need new kids.

You've got too many midprice players in there - they may seem like a good idea but you really have to limit them.

Don't like Burgoyne, T Hunt, Stratton in the back line - Burgoyne promised much but delivered little Supercoach wise last season. Like the fact you have picked Hawks in the back line but I'm aiming to upgrade into them given they have a torrid draw early on. You also have to keep in mind the byes in rounds 12 and 13 - you can't have your squad stacked with players from one club for this reason before then. Karmichael Hunt is just overpriced for what he produces - fair enough playing in the midfield but you are better picking a rookie and using the extra coin to get a premium backman. I think you'll be behind the eight ball compared to a lot of squads given you have no Delidio/Goddard/Scotland/Shaw/Broughton etc etc in the backs. Especially given Broughton/Lids will be spending more time in the midfield this season apparently.

Mids: Pretty good but you'll find a lot of squads will have Lids down back and Pav up forward - if you want the flexibility of having a back and forward in the midfield, choose a rookie back/forward in the midfield. Don't like the Mitchell pick because you have too many Hawks already and think there are better premiums out there. You also have 5 elite/premiums in there (which I do actually also!!) and you'll find most squads have 4 premiums and the rest rookies.

Rucks - Natanui is not a good supercoach scorer and nor is Kruezer - better off picking at least one premium ruck - Mumford/Sandi/Cox. Premium rucks can score huge points - a lot of people seem to be picking Mumford because of the injury doubts over Sandi and because NicNat has taken over more of the work from Cox.

The forward line is your best - I had JRoo last season and he burnt me badly -but he looks like he's getting better service this year so he might be an inspired pick - probably though you are better off getting a midfield forward. Having said that your forward line is better than my last effort. Like the Pfeiffer pick - and apparently Paine is set for round one but I guess we'll see.

Overall not too bad but your backline needs to be looked at pretty seriously.

Hey man thanks for the help, really appreciate it. The idea behind having Deledio in Mid and Burgoyne as a mid price is that when it's time to do my first rookie trade down I can switch Deledio to the backline and Upgrade one of the Hunt's (I'm pretty sure there good for a quick price rise, with both guys playing Mid this year) and then My Def will be Shaw, Deledio and say Goddard/Scotland.

Then Burgoyne should hold his price and will be easily upgraded to a top tier mid.

hi there everyone can anyone help me with my team? as i have few rookies and low price players i wanna know if they will start round 1 cheers:

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, buntine, B. Ellis, T.Bugg (S.Morris, B.Wilkes)

MIDS: pendles, ablett, priddis, dangerfield, coniglio, wingard (T.Ledger, Magner)

RUCKS: D. Cox, J.Giles (J.Redden, O. Stephenson)

FWDS: L, Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, D. Martain, J. Porplysia, D. Smith, G. Weedon
(D. Pfeiffer, S. Kerridge)

BANK: $134,800

so whats ya thoughts, i love having money makers but i want ones that will play. like for my forward line. smith and weedon play?
havent watched much NAB cup?

Ok guys..
I have made comments on a few teams and played with mine a heap.

I have finally settled on my team, and would love some feedback.

Thanks in advance for any who take the time to. :)

B: Goddard, Scotland, Delidio, Broughton, lake, Dempsey, Ellis - Clarke, Smedts
M: Pendlebury, Ablett, Chapman, Martin, Parker, Coniglio - Ledger, Manger
R: Mumford, Giles - Redden, Stephenson
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Hurley,J Riewoldt, Smith, Pfeiffer, Dickson - Saad, Zorko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok guys..

Backline: get rid of either lake n dempsey because they will both need to be upgraded later on so better off with a rookie and a premium. But if u really think either of them will b in the 10 defends keep one.

Mids:Not bad, id push either chapman or martin fwd and get another superstar mid. Not to say that ur strategy wont work, its just my opinion.

Ruck:Same as mine so perfect =)

Fwd: All good except Id upgrade hurley if u can find the cash.

Maybe trade either demsey or lake and upgrade hurley.

Ok guys..

Almost final, just had a major reshuffle.

Back Goddard, Shaw, Duffield, Waters, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Smedts)

Mids Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, Thompson, Mzungu, Clifton (Pfeiffer, McDonald)

Ruck Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Fwds Franklin, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Smith, Treloar (Kerridge, Couch)

Fwds Franklin, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Smith, Treloar (Kerridge, Couch)

face_palm.gif

Just imo.

Better options out there.

B: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Hargrave, Clarke, Ellis, Bower, (Bugg *one to be selected)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Watson, Kerr, Parker, Shiel (Magner *one to be selected)

R: Mumford, Giles (Reddan, Stephenson)

F: Franklin,Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smedts (Kerridge Couch)

Need to select the final two players 280k to spend.

Thinking I need to a get another good midfielder in there. Tom Mitchell - will he play in 2012?

Like the look of this one - question marks on Dangerfield and Mzungu - just think there are better options.

Reckon Sidebottom is going to have a super year.

B: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Hargrave, Clarke, Ellis, Bower, (Bugg *one to be selected)

M: Ablett, Murphy, Watson, Kerr, Parker, Shiel (Magner *one to be selected)

R: Mumford, Giles (Reddan, Stephenson)

F: Franklin,Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smedts (Kerridge Couch)

Need to select the final two players 280k to spend.

Thinking I need to a get another good midfielder in there. Tom Mitchell - will he play in 2012?

You could look at Clay Smith for the midfield, i think his 116k but he is a pretty good bet to play rnd 1. And Darley in defense for 113k. Which would leave you 51k to upgrade a midfielder as yours at the moment could be a bit hit and miss. Ablett, Murphy are almost certain 115-120+ scorers, but Kerr and Watson im not sold on. And with other 2 starting midfielders being players I don't see scoring that high you could lose alot of points in this area.

Re: Help rate my supercoach 2012 team!

Hey,
i was wondering if anybody has any extra tips/suggestions/tweaks that can be made to my team.
Thanks!
wl4zg1.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/wl4zg1.jpg

Nice work Smoky, great team and I'm a little jealous to tell the truth!

Don't worry about the others, there just being pricks!

I love the way you've left $400K to look for any of those quick upgrades early in the first few weeks. This will allow you to use 4-5 trades to get your team settled by round 4 with the bolters.

Goldsteins a great choice, he really killed it last year.

Pretty good mate, keep up the good work :thumbsu:

Re: Help rate my supercoach 2012 team!

Downgrade ablett and pendles for rookies and then that should allow u close to 2million for upgrades later in the season, pretty sure no one else here will be able to boast about having that much money for upgrades :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back