Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Went in not expecting much except a bit of heart and fight.

They showed heart and fight.

Next step is to show some footballing ability.

Waite and Garlett surely on their last legs as AFL footballers.

Ah, still can't believe what the Cats got away with in that match. It seems the normal rules of incorrect disposal and tackling and in the back etc don't apply to them.

Bloody spirited effort from your guys though.

Anzac16

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Central Districts
What a great effort that was from the boys. Normally don't harp on about that after a heartbreaking loss, but jeez most of our boys wanted that win so badly.

Feel like we deserved the win just that little bit more tonight. Geelong are a champion team and that loss is nothing to hang our heads in shame about. Onto Hawthorn next week and another big game!

Oh and how good was Gibbs tonight, 3 votes easily. Hurry up and announce his signing.

And Docherty will prove to be one of the biggest coups our clubs got in a long time if he continues developing like he is. An absolute jet and my favourite Blue already!!

Went in not expecting much except a bit of heart and fight.

They showed heart and fight.

Next step is to show some footballing ability.

Waite and Garlett surely on their last legs as AFL footballers.
This.

Geez, Garlett is some sort of fall from grace. So disappointed with his dinky nothing kicks that bounce into other players instead of sailing through goal.

Plenty of good signs, some passengers and that was one of Brock's worse games.

Great effort but games that are umpired like that are hard to win.

Gutsy performance guys anyway and i am very proud.

Well done Blues on a massive effort. :thumbsu:

Very surprised to see Umpire No.27 not singing the song with the Cats players.

koutamarto

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Gutted. feel its a step forward tho. Simpsons inability to hit targets and defend an opponent kills us. Tries harder than any one.
Bryce gibbs Best game.
Definitely some positives.
Mclean gone.
Gartlet is the weakest prick i have ever seen play AFL. Not sure if thats cuz I focus on him as he plays for carlton, but those efforts shouldnt be tolerated.

Juddalenko

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Never like to lose, but you can't fault the effort of a team with clearly less skill than their opposition.

Good effort Baggers

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Shattered with the loss but still proud.

Massive effort boys but the Umpires screwed us again.
It's always good to have the umpires as an out isn't it? Seriously. I'm proud of the effort to get back in to it, but again, it was our lack of four qtr effort that got us, not the umps.

Ah, still can't believe what the Cats got away with in that match. It seems the normal rules of incorrect disposal and tackling and in the back etc don't apply to them.

Bloody spirited effort from your guys though.

Nobody will remember that when they have a go at us on the main board for not beating the good teams.

Back