Autopsy Rd 13 Carlton v Gold Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not a very good quick movement team though.
We'll get lucky through sheer will at times but that won't stick against better sides.........and when it really counts.

No better way to gauge that than through highlights of yesterdays game.......too much luck and not enough planning.

You make your own luck imo. Sure we've missed some easy targets but the 2nd effort to maintain possession helped a lot.

We still need quite a few personnel changes in the team to really get it going. Look at how Hawthorn moved the ball dangerously against the Swans in the GF and still managed to put the hurt on the Swans physically.

You make your own luck imo. Sure we've missed some easy targets but the 2nd effort to maintain possession helped a lot.

We still need quite a few personnel changes in the team to really get it going. Look at how Hawthorn moved the ball dangerously against the Swans in the GF and still managed to put the hurt on the Swans physically.

Yeah. Fair enough.
I guess we just love to see fluent movement but sometimes effort makes up for the odd mistakes.

This type of talk about any player who has worn the Carlton jump is frankly pathetic.

No Thy what has been pathetic is the way he has bent the club over a barrel, received incredibly high coin and given absolutely zero in return.

He has the heart of a pea ... tired of watching his useless frame in a CFC jumper .... not even worth a spot on the rookie list.

No intensity for the contest.

Seriously has maybe played one good game for the club in how many years?

Sorry but he deserves the criticism.

20t4g87.jpg

confirmed.

No Thy what has been pathetic is the way he has bent the club over a barrel, received incredibly high coin and given absolutely zero in return.

He has the heart of a pea ... tired of watching his useless frame in a CFC jumper .... not even worth a spot on the rookie list.

No intensity for the contest.

Seriously has maybe played one good game for the club in how many years?

Sorry but he deserves the criticism.
What if he was your brother/son/uncle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see what happens when we play a half decent side with structure and full press team rules...

I think you'll find the 'free running, life is wonderful' style of play will cost us a belting!!
What teams are you talking about exactly? Port and Crows are half decent sides - outside of the top 4, the Crows are currently the equal of any team in and around the 8.

Yes we may cop a belting against a top 4 team - us and every other team in the comp that is. We've already played Sydney and weren't disgraced. If we played them now, it's reasonable to think we would go much closer. I don't think we've magically turned the corner overnight. but we're playing much better than what you're giving us credit for in your post.

The consistency across 4 quarters in both effort and intensity for 3 weeks now has been as good as I can remember for a long time. I was in favour of retaining Mick, but it's pretty hard to argue against what we are now seeing.

Have to say I don't think the rebuild will be as bad as what it may have appeared just a few weeks ago. We actually have some decent young talent coming through already, more than what has been acknowledged or that I even realised.

Our team is looking pretty young at the moment, and we haven't seen much of Jaksch, Sheehan, Bryne, Boekhurst and others for instance that could really be best 22 and contributing within 2 years. Most of our young guys look to have bonded well and have already played with each other for a couple of years. The best part is their attutude and competitiveness, worlds apart from who we've generally drafted over the past 10+ years.

A couple of good off seasons and I think we could be pretty competitive within a few years before the likes of Murph and Gibbs retire.

It's getting the hands on the A graders that's the tough bit. Cripps is the obvious one, but to take the big step into the top 4 bracket needs more than 1 or 2. We may fast track to competitiveness, but find ourselves short of the mark again. I think we need to follow the path of the last few weeks for the culture of the club to remain strong, but it will be a slow process assembling the necessary elite talent to go all the way.

It's getting the hands on the A graders that's the tough bit. Cripps is the obvious one, but to take the big step into the top 4 bracket needs more than 1 or 2. We may fast track to competitiveness, but find ourselves short of the mark again. I think we need to follow the path of the last few weeks for the culture of the club to remain strong, but it will be a slow process assembling the necessary elite talent to go all the way.
Two of who I believe will be A graders in Cripps and Docherty weren't on the list 2 years ago - the next few years are important no doubt, but it's not an impossible task. Also, we may already have some of these A graders - with guys like Wines/Wingard etc. bursting onto the scene the expectation is almost that players need to be staring immediately, but we could very well have a few surprises.

Two of who I believe will be A graders in Cripps and Docherty weren't on the list 2 years ago - the next few years are important no doubt, but it's not an impossible task. Also, we may already have some of these A graders - with guys like Wines/Wingard etc. bursting onto the scene the expectation is almost that players need to be staring immediately, but we could very well have a few surprises.

Half my problem is I watch GWS play too often- it's not natural seeing that many talented kids in the same side. It's important that we keep the improvement and kids coming through the door, but also that we keep a realistic view of where we're at- that was our biggest problem, or at least one of them, in the last few years.

What if he was your brother/son/uncle?
I'd tell him he was a bloody legend getting paid so well for so long doing zip.

In all honesty good on him, he has made a hell of a lot of money for what ended up being very little talent ... But as a Blues supporter does not mean I have to enjoy it.

If he was on a normal wage or a rookie wage well then that would be different ... But when u r the fifth highest paid player .... I'm sorry not performing, at all, is just gonna open you up to a hell of a lot of critism.......

And deservedly so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back