Preview Rd 15 Carlton vs Richmond Friday 10th July 7.50pm @ MCG - Team post #416

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2013
Macedon Ranges
AFL Club
Carlton
Are The Tigers "The Real Deal".

Do They belong in the Top Eight, Heaven Forbid, Are they in contention for the Top FOUR!!!
Are They Finals Contenders or September PRETENDERS!!!
( Only just Beat GWS by NINE points)

You Would Think that at a Team vying for a Top Four Spot, Should easily account for a Team that sits
NINE more spots below them on the ladder, Or will They.

The Black and Yellow Army Would have Enjoyed playing against The Blues several weeks back,
As there task would have been much Easier!!!

But that Was then. This Is NOW....

The Blues, Under Interim Coach JB, Are Playing with a Fresh Mind, Vigour and FLare..
There Defensive Pressure over the last Three weeks has been enormous.
The Tackle count Has increased Ten Fold.
They are playing with belief, They are playing as a Team.

They believe, The Coach Believe's..

I Believe the Blues will win By NINE........

Teams selected to come...

rampar

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
looking forward to this game. Richmond will take the game on, suits us better than the tripe congested bs the dogs served up.

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
OUT - Andrejs Everitt (Injured), Patrick Cripps (Injured), Nick Graham (Injured), Blaine Boekhorst (Omitted), Blaine Johnson (Omitted), Mark Whiley (Omitted)

IN - Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo, Sam Docherty, Troy Menzel, Sam Rowe, Andrew Walker/Matthew Dick (Not all are expected to return)

FB - Simon White, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
HB - Michael Jamison, Dylan Buckley, Zach Tuohy
C - Jason Tutt, Marc Murphy, Nick Holman
HF - Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer
FF - Dennis Armfield, Levi Casboult, Troy Menzel
R - Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo
I - Ed Curnow, Sam Docherty, Chirs Yarran
S - Andrew Walker/Matthew Dick

It is just simply not going to work against Richmond. Need to drop some kids if we are going to win. Some just look like they are not up to it.
Need some more experience in the side.
If Menzel is fit enough to play, he is a straight swap for Johnson. Can't have them playing in the same team. It's not going to work out.
Whiley was never meant to come in, so it looks like he might be out. Let Carrazzo make the most of the time that remains for him, that is if he gets through this week's training sessions.
Gibbs is certain to return. No use in risking our best player Cripps if he is having trouble.
Rowe might not be great most of the time but his presence is felt. Need him in the backline whenever he is fit and okay.
Graham injured. Depending on how many weeks, he can come back straight into the side when fit.
Docherty should be okay. If he isn't, then he stays out. Boekhorst either has one more chance or goes back to the seconds. That was a woeful performance from him.
I assume Everitt will be out for a few weeks. So we need to find a replacement.
Walker be made the sub or push him up forward where he will be more effective. We have another running players off half-back and he doesn't do well in that position. I encourage that he chooses to get that knee operated on. If so, bring in Dick and give him another go.

Last edited:

iamatiger

Senior List
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Christ even the Hawks lost to gws in saying that Boone here rates us but don't forget we also managed to beat freo n port n swans away , might be made easier for u guys if maric n Cotchin are suspended

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Tuggers most likely without Griffiths(inj) and possibly Maric(susp)

Will see what the wash up is injury wise after tonight.
I think Boek and Whiley may struggle to keep there spots though.

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
IN: Menzel, Docherty, Carazzo, Gibbs and Rowe :D
OUT: Whiley, Holman, Tutt, Curnow and pending.

Whiley and Holman are better off with more time in the VFL and they'll get their chance next year. Whiley or Holman as sub will backfire against a quality team more often then not.

I'll refrain myself from giving my opinion on Tutt. Curnow's playing as a outside mid at the moment but we can do better. Play Murphy in his role and Gibbs will take his spot at the centre circle.

Hopefully Gibbs is actually fit enough to make a impact.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Looked great yesterday...
It was an ugly win but a good win. Those are the types of games Richmond have struggled with. Given the journey they have been on since Hardwick arrived it shows things are still improving in the areas of concern. Yesterday demonstrated the team can win the hoodoo games.

Having said that next week against the Blues is still in hoodoo territory as is the one against the Saints a bit further along. These are important 'lower class' battles coming up.

This year Carlton is a minnow and Richmond has to get this win. This is not the Blues team of last year or two years ago this is a very down blues team. The last few weeks though have been much better.

Carlton have caused painful injury to the RFC and I'm sure there are a few Richmond supporters who still feel the sting of that finals loss two years ago. I'm one of them. I hope the Tigers stand over the Blues and take what's rightfully theirs on Friday night. They are clearly the better side this season even if currently the Blues are playing with a bit more pluck and spirit.

Friday nights game is still in hoodoo territory but not to the extent of playing against GWS more like playing against Brisbane or GC but any team can win on their day.

May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Wood omitted? I don't think so. Worked like a Kelpie last night.

Ultimately Wood is in the side until Kruezer can get enough match fitness to run out a game in the ruck with the help of Casboult. It's not ideal having 2 genuine ruckman in the side.

If everyone gets up we could put our best side on the field for some weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back