Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any Bulldogs guys tell me much about Toby mclean's js?

I really don't want to trade, but if I want to progress in sc cup I don't think I can carry maric's doughnut.

So maybe Lonie-> McLean and maric -> blix.

But would like to know if he's likely to keep his place. He scored well on the weekend.

He scored 6-8 on the sideline with a shoulder

Can any Bulldogs guys tell me much about Toby mclean's js?

I really don't want to trade, but if I want to progress in sc cup I don't think I can carry maric's doughnut.

So maybe Lonie-> McLean and maric -> blix.

But would like to know if he's likely to keep his place. He scored well on the weekend.
probably the same as josh glenns :cry::cry::cry::cry:

he just did his ACL and out for 9 months

He scored 6-8 on the sideline with a shoulder

Oh well... Back to the drawing board! Thanks guys, you've just ruined my night!! :D

Lonie > Daniel (could hold off for a week but have two planned trades next week)
Maric > Jacobs (can't afford a donut)

Have about 330k in the bank to go Cripps > GAJ and a Bonts or B.Smith upgrade the following week.

Nah AC joint in his shoulder, but still don't trade him. Daniel was impressive in his 1st game and had should have good JS with Hrovat, Honeychurch, Mclean all injured.

I'm really just looking for JS, someone I can loophole with Steele. Thanks, I'll have a look at him

Nah AC joint in his shoulder, but still don't trade him. Daniel was impressive in his 1st game and had should have good JS with Hrovat, Honeychurch, Mclean all injured.
Honeychurch isn't injured and neither is Hrovat who played well in the VFL in the weekend and will probably come in for Mclean this week. With that being said, I believe Caleb will prove that he is ahead of both of them even when all fit.

& I need to beat Jiska in the Kliq cashie to get back into the top 8 :oops:
Meh. Given up on that league, focusing on two I'm still a chance in. If I'm up and about in those two Sunday arvo, I'm open to bribery ;)

He's built up a solid team has the old Jiskaman.

GAJ with the C too I reckon, supercaptain stud that he is.
Coming from a long way back....

Honeychurch isn't injured and neither is Hrovat who played well in the VFL in the weekend and will probably come in for Mclean this week. With that being said, I believe Caleb will prove that he is ahead of both of them even when all fit.
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-07-06/no-surgery-for-morris
Have a look at this, came out today. Has Hrovat as listed as 1-2 weeks with a hammy twinge that he picked up in the VFL and Honeychurch as 2 weeks out with lower back bruising & spasms.

Some of you really seem to have lost objectivity when it comes to GAJ.

At the start of the season I questioned selecting him at his price and the response was similar to what you've given DV2000 - lol you idiot you clearly know nothing about SC GAJ is compulsory.

Now you convinced me and I started with him, and two weeks later I was trading him out and cursing my failure to trust my gut.

Having been burned by him once this season, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want him to prove himself better than he has so far before you got him in, especially since he's going to lose value while you wait and be cheaper to get in.

Of course he is a chance to score 140-150 but I think that assuming he is going to do so is taking it a bit far.

To me the risk vs reward is way off. Fifty or sixty points, once, because if he goes large everyone will get him the following week, versus another wasted trade when he starts favouring his shoulder and avoiding contact in the third quarter and everyone who waited decides to get Sidebottom or Lewis instead. Or, he spends half the game in the forward line and scores 108 and has another price drop and another big breakeven. Even at his best, he averages 140 because he gets 180s and he gets 110s. One more score under 120 right now will dig deep into his value.

I hope he cracks 150 (okay, no I don't, I hope he is the sub ;) ) but I can't see how you can flat out expect it when he hasn't scored over 130 this year yet

I'm on your side. I didn't start the season with Ablett, however I'm getting a warchest ready to get him in - sometime after this week though.

Expecting he gets tagged and scores in the 100-120 range against the bullies as he eases back into the game. Burning 690k this week on the basis of one comeback game against a team that didn't turn up! That's not a sound strategy. Also agree another week to get a look at his dodgy shoulder is also useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you really seem to have lost objectivity when it comes to GAJ.

At the start of the season I questioned selecting him at his price and the response was similar to what you've given DV2000 - lol you idiot you clearly know nothing about SC GAJ is compulsory.

Now you convinced me and I started with him, and two weeks later I was trading him out and cursing my failure to trust my gut.

Having been burned by him once this season, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want him to prove himself better than he has so far before you got him in, especially since he's going to lose value while you wait and be cheaper to get in.

Of course he is a chance to score 140-150 but I think that assuming he is going to do so is taking it a bit far.

To me the risk vs reward is way off. Fifty or sixty points, once, because if he goes large everyone will get him the following week, versus another wasted trade when he starts favouring his shoulder and avoiding contact in the third quarter and everyone who waited decides to get Sidebottom or Lewis instead. Or, he spends half the game in the forward line and scores 108 and has another price drop and another big breakeven. Even at his best, he averages 140 because he gets 180s and he gets 110s. One more score under 120 right now will dig deep into his value.

I hope he cracks 150 (okay, no I don't, I hope he is the sub ;) ) but I can't see how you can flat out expect it when he hasn't scored over 130 this year yet

I'm not sure that we all lost objectivity. I was kind of hoping he sucked because I didn't want to have to deal with the idea of trading him in. I'm pretty confident in thinking that a lot of people were probably thinking the same thing. I would've loved a 70 this past weekend because it would have given me an extra couple of weeks plus a little reassurance that I might not need to get him.

124 on return smashed all of that and has every SC player looking for funds. Played 2 games obviously injured and unwilling to tackle, 1 game back for a 3 game average of 110. "Having been burned by him once" ... Objectivity?

Going to have to make one trade to free up some cash.

Either Ox to Holman whats hes js like?
Or
CEY to steele.

I've tried so hard to ignore this all season. It's not "hes" it's "his". Your english teacher will thank me.

I'm wondering whether I should keep Cripps or CEY as my main midfield cover. I've still got 12 trades so I am happy to get rid of anyone with a LTI, but for just a one gamer I'm wondering if I'm better off keeping a higher scoring Cripps, or using his extra cash to generate my next trade?

heeny's your man

Is anyone NOT planing to get Ablett in?
Me. Feel as though I can gain significant advantages in other sections of the ground. Still not 100% convinced with his shoulder and Rockliff has shown me to not get players returning from injury in. He will probably cost me three trades anyway and I can't see that being worthwhile.

Anyone going to trade out Tom McDonald? He's been shockingly bad in the last few weeks.....Or do you reckon he'll pick up again? He looked invincible early on in the season, and it seemed like the theory of not getting key position players had been busted. At his peak he was pumping out 110+ scores week after week, but that is simply not the case anymore.

Has he had a change of role? Im still puzzled as to why his scoring has taken such a major hit.
I've had him from close to the start so I'm still happy to have him. Think he may be used as a luxury trade later on but he still has scoring potential imo. Seems to be losing his 1 on 1 battles with his opponents as well. Didn't watch the whole game on the weekend, but I saw he was on Darling and Kennedy for a while of the game and they kicked 7 goals between them so it's not a good sign. He's mainly been down on his possession count and tackling but I think that may be solved within a few games anyway. I think he will bounce back and score a nice 100.

Jordan Lewis is primed for a huge end to the season. Similar to last season's late run he will tear the competition apart. His previous form can be attributed to his shoulder problems earlier in the year. He has shown us last game that he is still a gun around the stoppages and will get a number of clearances and contested possessions every game. Make sure you jump on this week though. He has completely bottomed out and is a genuine bargain. I predict an average of 110-120 for the rest of the season.

Currently have 10 trades and 13k.
First trade will be Lonie to Steele. Is it too risky to go Maric to Mckernan as my second trade and build a $380k war chest? Means the following week I can get Ablett and Hodge for Sloane and Oxley. The problem with Maric is his current output is equal to McKernans and he has dropped to $475k so he needs money put on him otherwise.

What do you guys reckon the minimum amount of trades needed going into finals? I've got 9 left with $178k

Who are people liking more, Sidey or Lewis?

Oh no, I have trades left, just sitting this week out. Some damn juicy price drops coming up.

Sidey, Rocky, GAJ, Jimmy

Rocky has a B/E of 61 he's not going to drop in price.

Have 5 trades left with 270k in the bank. Thinking of going Saad to Rance or Sloane to Rocky? Worried about getting Rocky in as I have been burnt twice with Sloane. Using Sloane as a loophole at the moment with Krak and Boston on the bench. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back