List Mgmt. RD #16 - The Krak is back...

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that he was reported as injured by the club just prior to the draft and yet is still going to Dubai?;)

It was a hand/arm related injury that may not stop him running.

Krak's ability is as good as a lot of our first 22. His downfall up to now has been himself. He's lacked the genuine commitment needed to play at his potential. Obviously the club is satisfied that is no longer an issue, so for me this is an extremely good pick up by the club.
I honestly believe Krak is as capable as any utility we have running in our back half, plus he's got the ability to play midfield and forward, so he adds versatility. He's the best player taken in the rookie draft..............comfortably.

If anybody went to a lot of Magpie games last year you would agree that we almost were compelled to draft him. He mentored Neady and Achee, he was part of the community programs, is in the best shape of his career (bigger and fitter than when he was at Gold Coast) and played some great footy at the Maggies. He is very accurate in front of goal, he has good hands and his disposal is first rate. If we have an injury the Krak would be the first player promoted and if he is in the team he could take a few senior players spot. Mitchell is lucky he has been elevated.

To use an old political quote (think it was Wayne Matthew who made the original statement) Rack 'em, Pack 'em and Krak 'em

If anybody went to a lot of Magpie games last year you would agree that we almost were compelled to draft him. He mentored Neady and Achee, he was part of the community programs, is in the best shape of his career (bigger and fitter than when he was at Gold Coast) and played some great footy at the Maggies. He is very accurate in front of goal, he has good hands and his disposal is first rate. If we have an injury the Krak would be the first player promoted and if he is in the team he could take a few senior players spot. Mitchell is lucky he has been elevated.

We now have 7 indigenous players on our list.

Caro doesn't seem to rate him & doesn't think he'll play another AFL game, I actually think it was a smart recruiting decision whether he manages to play again or not.

You just need to see the work he's put in mentoring our other indigenous youngsters & how hard he's worked to get back on a list to see he's matured from the shy lad who took the once in a lifetime offer.

Well done Krak & good luck with your second chance, it's good to have another one of our promising 06 draftees back on the list.

Caro doesn't seem to rate the pick up & doesn't think he'll play another AFL game.

Not sure how many Port Adelaide Magpies games Caro has seen this year to make that determination. She's an excellent journo on the behind-the-scenes stuff, but I wouldn't give her opinion of what happens on the field any great weight personally. Especially in this case where we're talking about a guy who's been playing SANFL all year, so she would've seen little to nothing of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...... I actually think it was a smart recruiting decision whether he manages to play again or not.

You just need to see the work he's put in mentoring our other indigenous youngsters & how hard he's worked to get back on a list to see he's matured from the shy lad who took the once in a lifetime offer. .......
Totally agree.

Drafting him as a rookie is part of continuing to build a very positive club culture. Despite a poor start he has got his sh#t together, the club gave him an opportunity to prove he was capable of the commitment needed to play AFL football by giving him a season as an SANFL only player and has now rewarded him with a spot on the rookie list. If he does get back to playing AFL level all the better.

His work with our young indigenous players in the SANFL is a huge plus.

Its a rookie spot...

Small risk high reward
People need to keep this in mind.

Would have liked Fordham instead but not too disappointed to put him on the ROOKIE LIST. Prefer him to Gray and Russell already.

Agree with all of this. I rate Krak above Mitchell as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back