Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He was epic on Petrie!.
Stayed tight to him all night .
In the past he has mauled us when allowed to run and jump at the ball,Sammy didn't allow that to happen,hence,Sammy 'the Massacre Denier'.:D

Petrie usually puts us to the sword early on.

can't stand him haha

Petrie usually puts us to the sword early on.

can't stand him haha
In their fight back last year, Petrie absolutely tore Jamo a new one in the last quarter. Everything that came into their 50, Petrie marked & goalled.

In their fight back last year, Petrie absolutely tore Jamo a new one in the last quarter. Everything that came into their 50, Petrie marked & goalled.

I think Rowe has a couple of inches on jamo.

Makes a difference on those very tall forwards

Great to see Rowe, Waite and Hendo get the kudos for Friday but one guy that shouldn't be forgotten is Simon White.

Not sure what his stats were but I think he's playing a role by being another big body down there.

He brings a bit of mongrel as well which Mick would like. When Robbo downed Adams it was White who was in the middle of it all giving the North boys a bit of hooley-dooley.

Good on you Cam.

I thought he had a fair battle with Goldstein, who i'd rate as probably 3rd/4th best ruckman in the league.
He did a fair bit around the ground and won a few tap-outs (26 to Goldstein's 43). Over all, it looked as though he contributed a lot more around the ground and I'd be keen to keep him in ahead of Warnock for now.

Great to see Rowe, Waite and Hendo get the kudos for Friday but one guy that shouldn't be forgotten is Simon White.

Not sure what his stats were but I think he's playing a role by being another big body down there.

He brings a bit of mongrel as well which Mick would like. When Robbo downed Adams it was White who was in the middle of it all giving the North boys a bit of hooley-dooley.

And to think he was in a neck brace for a lot of the pre season.

Love his intensity. You know he will ALWAYS fly the flag for any of his team mates.

Kudos. :thumbsu:

And to think he was in a neck brace for a lot of the pre season.

Love his intensity. You know he will ALWAYS fly the flag for any of his team mates.

Kudos. :thumbsu:

For me, White is the story of the season. He was favoured to be gone a year or two ago, copping long injuries and hardly played senior games, and then got a few last year, and now a regular in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what I have learnt from this game is that the AFL (and by extension Carlton) have not done enough to help North Melbourne up the ladder. It would be the feel good story of the last 5 years if we can somehow get North into the top 4 and Carlton's victory against North is really not in the interest of "equalisation".

Maybe Carlton should pay more than $300,000 into the equalisation fund. Perhaps $600,000 is more appropriate. Can't wait to see what measures the AFL comes up with to help our mates at North.

It is way overdue and I am also looking forward to future assistance to Port, Melbourne, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Sydney, Brisbane etc...basically just helping anyone but Carlton is a great move.

The highlight of the night for me was Mitch Robinson's shirt front on Patch Adams. Beauty and brutality in a split second. It doesn't get better than that. Sent a message to the opposition that I would like to see repeated when the opportunity arises again. The North players were stunned for several seconds and Adams was as well.

I've realized with our 'introverted' group just how important players like Simon White are to our team. He will always fly the flag, not because he has to but because he seems to love it. Did you see his eyes light up on Friday night as Norf players rushed in to remonstrate with him? Numerous other Carlton player's would have shat themselves and shied away from taking it further, but White's attitude was 'bring it on the more the merrier'. Doesn't seem to be afraid of anyone on the footy field, and makes sure everyone knows it. I love that about him and it helps some of the other blokes in our team stand up for themselves and each other a bit more.

A healthy bit of 'mongrel' that we have been sorely lacking.

I've realized with our 'introverted' group just how important players like Simon White are to our team. He will always fly the flag, not because he has to but because he seems to love it. Did you see his eyes light up on Friday night as Norf players rushed in to remonstrate with him? Numerous other Carlton player's would have shat themselves and shied away from taking it further, but White's attitude was 'bring it on the more the merrier'. Doesn't seem to be afraid of anyone on the footy field, and makes sure everyone knows it. I love that about him and it helps some of the other blokes in our team stand up for themselves and each other a bit more.

A healthy bit of 'mongrel' that we have been sorely lacking.

Davey Ellard is right in there, too..

Petrie or Swallow (can't recall) said pre-game the plan was to 'get in their face'. Seemed to be the other way round most the game.

Drink every time Leigh Matthews gives the same answer to their stock standard question about Henderson.

* Channel Seven.

LOL at Yarran turning his head and having a look at Dal Santo before he kicked to Hendo. :drunk:

Robbo's pass to Rowe at CHB was perfect. Thought it was Yarran. :eek:

Tuohy has been ******* rubbish all year. He has deserved to be dropped for the last 10+ games. I honestly have no idea how he is still in the side. Jamo-rowe-white-walker-yarran-simpson is a much better back six. You could argue that we need one less rebounding defender (e.g pick two of yarran/simpson/walker) but all of those players are more than capable of playing up forward as well.

Tuohy sucks, he can't play a lock down defensive role and he makes poor decisions coming out of defensive. When he does push forward he always takes the selfish option (kicking from outside 50) even though his form suggests this isn't the right decision. Walker is a gun and gives us a lot of run out of defense, what we need is somebody who can play a lockdown role on a small forward. I think buckley might be able to do this, but his situational awareness isn't up to statch at the moment.
!
I disagree ....in fact i'd say Tuohy has been ok ..had his ups and downs but he deserves his spot in the Team

I think Gibbs has been clearly our best player this year. But I also think getting rid of him would have been beneficial to us long term, if I'm wrong and Bryce Gibbs plays in a premiership for Carlton I will happily get a tattoo of that patronizing face you have used on my arse.

Unfortunately I feel that long term our list management are the ones that that face will be most relevant to.
You would make for a great saints or demons supporter...they love that Tanking crap

Simon White taking it to opposition players like they're pushy Carlton supporters with a camera.

Really though, has probably had a fight with the last 4 opponents he's faced, we'll lose him to the UFC at this rate.
Adams elbowed and winded White as payback for an earlier incident on the boundary line. White held Adams down and wouldn't let him get up.

Need to put White's and Rowe's mongrel into Watson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back