Donble

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa , Buccs
Ok onwards and upwards , we have a home game at Metricon and another hard one , saying that all games are hard for us. There seems to be 4 to 5 changes each week , heres my take.

In - Harbrow , Martin , Saad , Nicholls , Hallahan
Out - Gaz , Glenn , Lemmens , Thompson , Shaw

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Ok onwards and upwards , we have a home game at Metricon and another hard one , saying that all games are hard for us. There seems to be 4 to 5 changes each week , heres my take.

Thompson will be needed against the Eagles' tall forwards. Glenn, Lemmens & Shaw should be nervous.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Not really fussed.. We're looking at a 10 goal loss..

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
6 day break and the longest road trip in footy. West Coast are ripe for the picking. Their backline is further decimated with no McGovern and they've yet to play a team with two genuine talls. One of Lynch or Dixon can get on top.

winning

All Australian
Nov 5, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Jack Martin still has a 1 week senior suspension to serve.

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
6 day break and the longest road trip in footy. West Coast are ripe for the picking. Their backline is further decimated with no McGovern and they've yet to play a team with two genuine talls. One of Lynch or Dixon can get on top.
I'll take your two and raise you one, Richmond - Vickery - Griffiths - Riewoldt. Let alone Sydney on the weekend against Schofield and a first gamer in Barrass, had Goodes and Reid. Both you'd consider talls.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
I'll take your two and raise you one, Richmond - Vickery - Griffiths - Riewoldt. Let alone Sydney on the weekend against Schofield and a first gamer in Barrass, had Goodes and Reid. Both you'd consider talls.

Are you really hanging your hat on backline victories over Vickery, Griffiths and Sam Reid? None of those three are proven tall forwards. Granted Lynch and Dixon are no Lucas/Lloyd combination yet but its the closest your backline will face to a genuine 2 talls forward line.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
I am merely correcting/questioning your ignorant or uneducated previous comment.
You stated we have not played against a team with 2 tall genuine tall forwards and i gave you two examples, you then retorted with this gibberish about Lucas/Lloyd. Have you ever heard of P Ryder and J Schulz ?
I love these posters that appear out of nowhere when their team starts winning. Uneducated? Ignorant? They're actually called opinions.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
I love these posters that appear out of nowhere when their team starts winning. Uneducated? Ignorant? They're actually called opinions.

Poster on training wheels, so give him/her a bit of leeway.

Have to agree that we haven't played a genuine 2 tall KPP forward line and we have a had a dream run meeting sides with injuries in that area. This will be more interesting than many think.

Can't resist, but when you finally start winning games you will get to pop over onto other boards (perhaps just not the GWS Board for the next 6 years);)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Poster on training wheels, so give him/her a bit of leeway.

Have to agree that we haven't played a genuine 2 tall KPP forward line and we have a had a dream run meeting sides with injuries in that area. This will be more interesting than many think.

Can't resist, but when you finally start winning games you to will get to pop over onto other boards (perhaps just not the GWS Board for the next 6 years);)

Well than i guess we will be 'popping' over to the eagles board come Saturday night. ;):D

Seriously though, it is a shame that there have been so many injuries, from both sides. This game would have been a great shoot-out. (Which we would have won obviously.):)

Back