May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
OUT: Thompson

IN: Raines (for lols)

Losing Rory's height probably won't impact on our game too much given the Lions' lack of talls, so other than losing him, I don't think there's anyone who overwhelmingly deserves to be dropped.

Wouldn't mind seeing Garlett back in the seniors, but his NEAFL stats weren't all that flash. Wouldn't be too concerned with leaving him in the ressies for a few weeks.

As for McKenzie, the game against West Coast proved we don't need him in our defence, meaning Boston can come in for our 22 as a non-emergency. He should stay in the NEAFL for the rest of the year.

Schade is more than capable playing key defence against their smaller key forwards.

Thompson out and Rischitelli back in if all is well with him.
Actually forgot about Rischa - definite in if he's feeling okay and his mum's okay!

This game is a win/win for us, win and we get the satisfaction of 4 points and move 2 points clear of Carlton lose and we get the number 1 pick

Rischa & McKenzie in for me.

Stanley ready & waiting depending on other injuries. He would be handy to help rotations through the middle if he did play?

Need McKenzie to cover the loss of Thompson down back, and allows Day to play fwd/ruck to stretch the Lions defence.

B. McKenzie, Schade, Kolo
HB. Harbrow, May, Saad
C. Malceski, Miller, Shaw
HF. Bennell, Lynch, Martin
F. Day, Dixon, Matera

R. Nichols, Rischa, Lonergan

Int from: Russell, Hall, Lemmens,
Boston, Glenn, Stanley

A Suns win would get the ledger back to a more respectable 6-4 in favour of the Lions.

Dixon would want to put on a show otherwise the fans (and perhaps Lions management) may have second guesses about paying an injury prone forward 750k a year. I'm not sure Charlie has ever played well at the Gabba...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If May could bump Rockliff at the start of the match again that would be great. With Beams out he is by far their best player.
I lost all respect for Rockliff when he refused to comment on the Maysie bump. Cowardly campaigner.

Hope he gets his ribs broken again from a Maysie shoulder charge.

Suns have the potential to win by 60 points, or to at least keep Brisbane to a very low score. Bring it on.

I know we're on the bottom but we have had potential to challenge teams going for the flag (e.g. Sydney, Fremantle). I know you guys drew with West Coast (how rare is that) but I'm expecting (and hoping for) a good match.

I know we're on the bottom but we have had potential to challenge teams going for the flag (e.g. Sydney, Fremantle). I know you guys drew with West Coast (how rare is that) but I'm expecting (and hoping for) a good match.
Me too mate. Until there's a 'real' rivalry between the Suns and Lions (keep your hands of my Dicko), all I hope for is an entertaining brand of footy regardless of score.

Couldn't do worse than a repeat of our NAB Cup game :p

I lost all respect for Rockliff when he refused to comment on the Maysie bump. Cowardly campaigner.

Hope he gets his ribs broken again from a Maysie shoulder charge.

He came down to Morningside and conducted training with my Under 8's team a few weeks ago. he was actually a really nice guy, humble and had plenty of time for the kids.

He came down to Morningside and conducted training with my Under 8's team a few weeks ago. he was actually a really nice guy, humble and had plenty of time for the kids.
I hope you used your hulk physique to give him a biff or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back