BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
Whilst I don't wanna get 'neggo' after so many 'posso's' in Friday Nights game, I watched Mick's presser after the match, and although he said he couldn't fault the boy's effort, I can't agree.

Whilst we are definitely making large improvements to our game, and taking that into next year is a huge positive, I still don't think we'll get many points if we continue to play the way we have been. Defensively we are weak both on the field and between the ears. I know we had tired players out there, and a dubious free paid against us in the dying minutes, but the number of times Geelong managed to run the ball back and score, straight after we goaled, was just bewildering. It seems we are the opposite to Geelong in terms of winning games with a few minutes left on the clock and only a few points in it.

We seriously need to defend a Lot better (i'm talking mids & forwards here, not so much our defenders) when the ball comes back in to play, and harden up in the last QTRs. It would seem we can only win 'come from behind' matches, and don't have the fortitude to hang on to the close ones. Sincerely hope this changes next year as it's definately our biggest issue.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
If Yaz was carrying even the slightest injury why risk playing him, probably should of rested him for another week. Yaz was ok but he made some silly errors and although he tried to take the game on he over did it.

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Yaz was ok but he made some silly errors and although he tried to take the game on he over did it.

problem with Yarran is he should stick with the basics. People ooohh and aaahh whenever he dashes past an opponent but at other times he has poor judgment. Twice he had the ball in the 2nd qtr and had nfi where to kick it - held on too long and a turnover resulted.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
problem with Yarran is he should stick with the basics. People ooohh and aaahh whenever he dashes past an opponent but at other times he has poor judgment. Twice he had the ball in the 2nd qtr and had nfi where to kick it - held on too long and a turnover resulted.

Yaz and basics:thumbsdown:Yaz and oohs and aahs:thumbsu:

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
That Sheehan kick. :thumbsu:

Doesn't show up as much but his kick to White the week before was sublime.....and right in front of me.....right...in front.....of me!!!!!!!!
Loved how the Sheehan kick took Gibbs closer to the goals rather than just inside 50 where Gibbs was when the ball left his boot.

His kick to clear the pack and hit Waite on the chest last week was great as well. How good will Sheehan be when he learns how to play the game?

Loved how the Sheehan kick took Gibbs closer to the goals rather than just inside 50 where Gibbs was when the ball left his boot.

His kick to clear the pack and hit Waite on the chest last week was great as well. How good will Sheehan be when he learns how to play the game?

50mt + missile kicks that force a player to run onto them are as thrilling as a Walker mark to me.

Some of Watsons last year were jaw-dropping and Luke McDonalds in a VFL game last year was of that standard. Brilliant vision and execution.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
50mt + missile kicks that force a player to run onto them are as thrilling as a Walker mark to me.

Some of Watsons last year were jaw-dropping and Luke McDonalds in a VFL game last year was of that standard. Brilliant vision and execution.
Even Geelong supporters around me were astonished with how the kick cut their defense open.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
If Sheehan is slight, then I don't know what word would describe Garlett, maybe stick. Sheehan has bulk like Bell. I am going to love watching Gus next year so much to look forward to over the pre-season.

mike ockerts

Premiership Player
May 25, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
northern blues
Just noticed after menz landed on his shoulder and was bent down on his haunches, a Geelong player walks up behind him (Mackie?) and deliberately bumps into Troys shoulder whilst he was wincing in pain, while the force is low grade at best, I thought the AFL frowned on this type of stuff?

Back