Roast Rd 22, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs Fremantle - Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow Freo were awsome.... play that well without a couple of stars and they'll win the grand final. Walters is a freak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't change the result one iota, but the umpiring was rough today I thought.

Haven't been this upset with the (non) umpiring for a long time.

Yeah, we were clearly outplayed but the totally laissez-faire approach the officials took to the non-policing of the rules of the game worked fairly and squarely in Freo's favour IMO.

Throws, dropping the ball in tackles and other assorted incorrect disposals had me tearing my hair out with frustration. Not to mention the blatant running over the mark that Freo appear to specialize in, and that the umps just completely ignored.

Not happy:mad::thumbsdown:

Not to mention the blatant running over the mark that Freo appear to specialize in, and that the umps just completely ignored.

I hate to use an old footy cliche, but THEY WERE DOING IT ALL DAY!

At one point on a Lions set shot the ump stood behind a Freo player, demonstrated the mark by marking it with their foot, and then just walked away without even making the Freo player step back onto the mark. Couldn't believe it.

Handballs to a teammate under more pressure rather than taking the responsibility to kick it were doing my head in. I don't know whether to blame the hand baller or the player calling for it so short with an opposition player on their hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back