Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton fail to get off the plane

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a valid excuse today! ;)

Did you tie one on last night Aph? Let me guess, started off with a few quiet beverages, ended up in King Street then inexplicably found yourself getting kicked out of the Men's Gallery around 5.00am?? :)

I tend to believe Mick's explanation that the players were totally knackered/ran out of gas.

A quarter of that team last night were from the Northern Blues and Port are gearing up for a finals campaign.

I would like to think it was bit of an aberration, no need to obsess on the negatives.

Blooded some terrific young players this year.

Apart from being inexperienced, it almost felt like there was a bit of self preservation in their mindset. Like, no more injuries, let's be right for the pre-season and be ready for a big 2015. (Murphy aside that is) Then they cop a Power team at full strength, at home with everything to play for.

Our average age is a little higher but that is because we have a lot of inexperienced players drafted late (Rowe, White, Sheehan etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is the solution Sheik, winning each week and every final to make it a pass mark?

Winning is everything !!

If you don't win, then you shouldn't be accepting of it, there is nothing to be gained from that.

What is a pass mark ?? Well finishing higher on the ladder than 14th with 7 wins would be a good start.

Fair dinkum, how far have we fallen as a club and as a supporter base when we are prepared to accept "honourable losses" as a pass mark ??

Sorry Kanye, I'm not interested in "honourable losses" at all as that is just being accepting of mediocrity, something the Saints are best known for.

C'mon, time to raise the bar a bit isn't it :

"it's gonna take more than a handful of solid wins against good opponents to convince me we've turned the corner"

sorry shaikh, i guess the tone of my post didn't convey well.
i am not interested in honourable losses either, i meant that we have already had "honourable losses" and that we need more than that.

we have been getting 'close' to the top sides for years, and i will never question the team's endeavour in such games, but there needs to come a point where we say it's not good enough if we are to get anywhere.

sorry shaikh, i guess the tone of my post didn't convey well.
i am not interested in honourable losses either, i meant that we have already had "honourable losses" and that we need more than that.

we have been getting 'close' to the top sides for years, and i will never question the team's endeavour in such games, but there needs to come a point where we say it's not good enough if we are to get anywhere.

All good, fully understand where you are coming from. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back