Autopsy Rd 22. GC SUNS v Port Adelaide Power @ Metricon - Saturday 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Schade and Lonergan both probably played their best games for the Suns tonight. Matera and KK best on ground. Hall was good in the first half, but was completely gone by the end of the game. Not having any preseason has caught up with him. Can't wait until next season!
You've got no idea what you're talking about.
Happy you're a Suns fan, but don't have a go at my opinion then follow it up with a completely untrue synopsis haha

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Didn't see the game but heard Rocket's presser and he wasn't happy with the umpiring at all. Also said 6 of our boys didn't give a yelp. Who's he referring to? Shaw, Russell?

Glad Rocket said something about the Umpires
Why they are excused from criticism is ridiculous
Says he'll talk to wayne Campbell this week
The non-yelpers?
1. Was Harley actually playing tonight?Consistency will plague his career I fear
2. Sam Day was.....Sam Day ( maybe cut him some slack after his neck injury last week)
3. Shawy...I love him....but in the way you love an old blind smelly labrador with a gammy hind leg
4. Zac Smith...soft as easy spread butter
5. and 6 take your pick from a few fringe players I guess

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Glad Rocket said something about the Umpires
Why they are excused from criticism is ridiculous
Says he'll talk to wayne Campbell this week
The non-yelpers?
1. Was Harley actually playing tonight?Consistency will plague his career I fear
2. Sam Day was.....Sam Day ( maybe cut him some slack after his neck injury last week)
3. Shawy...I love him....but in the way you love an old blind smelly labrador with a gammy hind leg
4. Zac Smith...soft as easy spread butter
5. and 6 take your pick from a few fringe players I guess
I thought Harley was pretty good. He does look like he's stolen the Jarred Brennan's signature holding the ball with one hand and trying to do crazy things all the time which can be good and bad. Zac Smith, Sam Day and Dixon did just okay in conditions that weren't meant for them. Shaw is a dry footy player, hoping for a big preseason from him. We are limping towards the offseason, so many players look tired. Miller, Rischitelli and Russell for example.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seems the AFL Umpires as usual thought they'd sneak a few rookies onto the roster late in the seasonand "hide" them at Metricon in a game that they consider meant nothing
They couldn't have picked a worse match to do it in with all the stoppages.
It's sad when you pine for Matthew Nicholls
Haha We can't stand Nicholls either. He always gives us shitty decisions. Tonight the 4 umpires didn't work that well at all. Failed experiment. Not a good look for Eade though to mention the umps. He is experienced and should know better. If you want to see the worst and I mean absolutely worst, pathetic umpiring this season that actually cost a game then watch the Carlton vs Port game. But still Hinkley had the class not to mention or blame the umpiring even though everyone else, including the media was calling for their heads. Anyway it was a hard slog in the rain and gee you have some good talent for the future, esp when Gazza is back to help out.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha We can't stand Nicholls either. He always gives us shitty decisions. Tonight the 4 umpires didn't work that well at all. Failed experiment. Not a good look for Eade though to mention the umps. He is experienced and should know better. If you want to see the worst and I mean absolutely worst, pathetic umpiring this season that actually cost a game then watch the Carlton vs Port game. But still Hinkley had the class not to mention or blame the umpiring even though everyone else, including the media was calling for their heads. Anyway it was a hard slog in the rain and gee you have some good talent for the future, esp when Gazza is back to help out.
If you admit it was shocking why was it wrong to call them out? Don't you want an honest and open dialogue? What is wrong with you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you admit it was shocking why was it wrong to call them out? Don't you want an honest and open dialogue? What is wrong with you?
My point is that I'll bet Eade wouldn't complain if ALL the umpiring went against the opposition. Or do you think he would? There's a code of conduct and as a coach he showed poor form IMO. Anyway the umpiring seemed pretty evenly shocking to both sides to me, including the blatant in the back that wasn't paid against Young lol. There are procedures and channels for complaining but not by a coach in a press conference after a game saying it was one sided which was incorrect actually. It lacks class in my opinion and smacks of poor loser. Take from that what you will.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
My point is that I'll bet Eade wouldn't complain if ALL the umpiring went against the opposition. Or do you think he would? There's a code of conduct and as a coach he showed poor form IMO. Anyway the umpiring seemed pretty evenly shocking to both sides to me, including the blatant in the back that wasn't paid against Young lol. There are procedures and channels for complaining but not by a coach in a press conference after a game saying it was one sided which was incorrect actually. It lacks class in my opinion and smacks of poor loser. Take from that what you will.
Lacking class is undermining a club that had signed a young player for 2 years, promising him the world, standing him up at the altar then denying it and leaving that club to pick up the pieces. Let me know if you want some quotes of Hinkley criticising umpires. Google is a wonderful thing.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
By who? Also, please explain to me how that relates to anything? He could be the best or worst player on the field. His performance is only relevant to him.

I don't really feel like engaging in a back and forth. I don't think anything I said was stupid and sorry if you didn't like me defending Hall, but I get tired of the negativity. He has had an amazing six weeks and it was annoying to see someone jump on him as soon as he makes a mistake or two in the wet despite generally having another good game.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lacking class is undermining a club that had signed a young player for 2 years, promising him the world, standing him up at the altar then denying it and leaving that club to pick up the pieces. Let me know if you want some quotes of Hinkley criticising umpires. Google is a wonderful thing.
There's no point continuing a slanging match especially when you are getting off subject so I 'll respect your forum and leave it there. As far as that player you have only told half the story but I can't be bothered escalating it with the facts. Have a good day

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Loved hear Matera saying ' rockets been on my case about work rate and effort'
Expect Matera V2 next year if he is still at the club.
I'm sure Rocket has a big pre season lined up for him.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2015-08-29/suns-raw-brandon-matera

Hopefully the light bulb has switched on for Matera and he can build on this next year. May have done enough to get himself off the trading block (would have been nice if he ran in another 5m on that shot of goal and slotted it last night).

I notice that Harley and him hook up a lot on the field and look to give the ball each other when they can, hopefully not to the detriment of better available options (the Shaw brother got taken aside by senior players for burning better options to pad each others stats at the Pies).

Interesting dynamic between Harley, Fish and McKenzie - do you keep McKenzie around to keep the gang together and hope that he falls into line with his mates or trade him and reinforce the message that this is a tough business and a lack of professionalism won't be tolerated.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hopefully the light bulb has switched on for Matera and he can build on this next year. May have done enough to get himself off the trading block (would have been nice if he ran in another 5m on that shot of goal and slotted it last night).

I notice that Harley and him hook up a lot on the field and look to give the ball each other when they can, hopefully not to the detriment of better available options (the Shaw brother got taken aside by senior players for burning better options to pad each others stats at the Pies).

Interesting dynamic between Harley, Fish and McKenzie - do you keep McKenzie around to keep the gang together and hope that he falls into line with his mates or trade him and reinforce the message that this is a tough business and a lack of professionalism won't be tolerated.

If the trade fits. :)

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
There's no point continuing a slanging match especially when you are getting off subject so I 'll respect your forum and leave it there. As far as that player you have only told half the story but I can't be bothered escalating it with the facts. Have a good day
You were telling us about Rocket lacking class & being a sore loser, breaking some coaches conduct, Hinkley showing class etc...... Yep you know the facts about that trade and so do I. Have a nice day.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers

Keep them all. Eade has been the best thing to happen to this list. He exposed them and he says they've responded, that's all you can ask. We have many others that need to move on before them. We have taken a step back this year, but I believe we will profit from it. We weren't tipped to win the flag by many and miss the finals...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back