Opinion Rd 22 (done) & Rd 23...crucial..well kinda, maybe, sorta, dunno

Remove this Banner Ad

Some debate today on here as to where Rd 23 is being played.

All the fixtures I have seen say its a Tigers HOME game at Docklands.

If that is the case it will be a sardine ticketed game, whenever it is played.

I think it is going to be a mini Final atmosphere.
With both North and Richmond looking like playing finals we Mite be a chance for snagging Friday night.
They spoke of this the other day aswell on T.V and Carlton vs Hawks might have to be moved not certain thou of course..

With both North and Richmond looking like playing finals we Mite be a chance for snagging Friday night.
They spoke of this the other day aswell on T.V and Carlton vs Hawks might have to be moved not certain thou of course..

Where do you think its going to be held Niko? I see ES on fixtures.

Our set ups and personnel are good enough to beat all teams in the run in bar Freo at their best. The only question with us is which North is gunna show up in those games.

Our set ups and personnel are good enough to beat all teams in the run in bar Freo at their best. The only question with us is which North is gunna show up in those games.

ATM the hard tackling Roos...I think things are looking up than they were after the GC game; but still reckon these two are crucial to win.

Just glad the players take it a week at a time. Still think not a smart thing to believe the Blues are a walk in the park result. They'll be stinging and know North are a deer in head lights if our guys play 'la de da footy (sic)'. All danger games.. until North prove they can WIN EVERY QUARTER.. I'm not buying into such given 13-7 record before then.. you just know they'll be pushed… and keeping everyone inside and outside the fence on the F**** edge!! :mad:

I reckon that Freo will rest their best side when we play them in round 21.

If they're on top and 4th is still on the table for us, they may feel it is in their best interest to forego the points in this game, with the potential of facing us in Perth week 1.

Good conspiracy theroy.

If freo are couple of games clear Ross Lyon wont send his best team to Melbourne so could work in our favour.

I reckon that Freo will rest their best side when we play them in round 21.

If they're on top and 4th is still on the table for us, they may feel it is in their best interest to forego the points in this game, with the potential of facing us in Perth week 1.

Good conspiracy theroy.

Are you CRAZY?? That's an absurd notion. Ain't gonna happen.

Why?

They lose to WCE in R20 and there is NO hope in hell they don't depart Perth airport without their strongest team available.

Hawthorn are just two games behind 'em now but if Freo just drop one and they're in grave danger of facing the Hawks at the 'G in the first week. Do you think Ross Lyon needs to be reminded what what happened to Freo last season??

Bare in mind StK have easily beaten them in the last two years at Etihad and anything like Sat performance vs Tigers could see this game as a Danger game.

Last edited:
Are you CRAZY?? That's an absurd notion. Ain't gonna happen.

Why?

They lose to WCE in R20 and there is NO hope in hell they don't depart Perth airport without their strongest team available.

Hawthorn are just two games behind 'em now but if Freo just drop one and they're in grave danger of facing the Hawks at the 'G in the first week. Do you think Ross Lyon needs to be reminded what what happened to Freo last season??

Bare in mind StK have easily beaten them in the last two years at Etihad and anything like Sat performance vs Tigers could see this game as a Danger game.

I am completely serious.

I don't think that Freo drop a single game on the way out if they don't want.

They played an inform Tigers who gave them everything and still lost.

They have in previous years rested key players in strategic games, I would suggest they Lyon will veiw it as a strategic game to not go as hard as they could.

I am completely serious.

I don't think that Freo drop a single game on the way out if they don't want.

They played an inform Tigers who gave them everything and still lost.

They have in previous years rested key players in strategic games, I would suggest they Lyon will veiw it as a strategic game to not go as hard as they could.

Only Forwards also talks a lot of s**t.

:confused::confused::confused: Checkmate :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If freo are couple of games clear Ross Lyon wont send his best team to Melbourne so could work in our favour.

Freo travel to Adelaide on the last round to play Port, they are more likely to pack that game in on the eve of finals. I don't think their form at present is that flash, they are still getting the job done but you would think Freo would be keen to get their mojo going before finals.

It is a pretty odd thing to say about a team that has only lost twice this season, but since they beat us they have been winning ugly most weeks since then. Barely got over the line against the Crows who kicked poorly, were beaten by Richmond at home comfortably, barely got over GC, had the bye, barely got over Collingwood, only beat Brisbane by 5 goals, got smashed by Hawthorn, won easy against Carlton and got out of jail against Richmond who kicked poorly.

Those last 8 weeks aren't the kind of run which screams out tank a challenging game on the road in a month, but who knows, perhaps if they have injury issues they might want to player manage a few players prior to round 23.

Freo travel to Adelaide on the last round to play Port, they are more likely to pack that game in on the eve of finals. I don't think their form at present is that flash, they are still getting the job done but you would think Freo would be keen to get their mojo going before finals.

It is a pretty odd thing to say about a team that has only lost twice this season, but since they beat us they have been winning ugly most weeks since then. Barely got over the line against the Crows who kicked poorly, were beaten by Richmond at home comfortably, barely got over GC, had the bye, barely got over Collingwood, only beat Brisbane by 5 goals, got smashed by Hawthorn, won easy against Carlton and got out of jail against Richmond who kicked poorly.

Those last 8 weeks aren't the kind of run which screams out tank a challenging game on the road in a month, but who knows, perhaps if they have injury issues they might want to player manage a few players prior to round 23.

some good points but wining is winning and if they are clear on top and not much can change they wont want to bring a full squad especially at Etihad on the harder surface, they will use the last game as big build up prior to finals.

Repeat after me - North must be able to beat Freo in Etihad if they are to harbour any sort of dreams at all. I believe that we can beat anybody at Etihad if we put in our best effort. Right now, we appear to be hitting our straps. Our run-in is ideal from every point of view. 3 nice looseners to set us up perfectly for the Freo game. After that 2 games that we should be able to win - especially if we've already beaten Freo. I'm not saying that we're not going to blow it along the way, as recent history shows that to be our norm. However, our run-in to the finals is akin to a Bart Cummins run-in to the Melbourne Cup. It doesn't mean we'll win it, I know.

Repeat after me - North must be able to beat Freo in Etihad if they are to harbour any sort of dreams at all. I believe that we can beat anybody at Etihad if we put in our best effort. Right now, we appear to be hitting our straps. Our run-in is ideal from every point of view. 3 nice looseners to set us up perfectly for the Freo game. After that 2 games that we should be able to win - especially if we've already beaten Freo. I'm not saying that we're not going to blow it along the way, as recent history shows that to be our norm. However, our run-in to the finals is akin to a Bart Cummins run-in to the Melbourne Cup. It doesn't mean we'll win it, I know.

Do we have to repeat all that?

Hold the faith folks.........We've splutted into the 8. But we still have the talent. Scott has started to display a REAL nasty streak now. I'm tipping this group to sharpen steeply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Round 22 and 23 are going to be Huge i can't wait. Great way to head into finals(if we make it) but i'll say this about round 23 i absolutely love the fact that Coll vs Ess are going to play on Sunday in a 1/3 full stadium in a game that no one cares about !
Yes AFL ur TV ratings will be putrid so u can take ur compromised draw and stick it where the sun dont shine!!

I feel so much better now... :D

The OP was on the money in June to post this thread.

But this freaking team have disappointed me before with getting too far ahead...I cant help but dream that we win these next three games...but then I was dreaming at the bounce of the first ball at the Final last year v Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back