Preview Rd 23, 2014 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you guys think Lueys presence will impact martins numbers in a positive or negative way?
Today? I doubt it'll impact much at all. I would think for this game, Leuey will be a direct swap for Close and play as a forward ruck and Martin will be left to play as he has been. Next year I imagine the split of ruck work to even out a bit more. Leuey has some improving to do on his forward work, but has been serviceable at times. Martin as a forward has been less than successful and as we have seen, can be more damaging around the ground. To make proper use of Leuey though, Martin will have to do less ruck work than he has this year and his numbers should drop slightly. (I think).

Uni from 9-5 today. Saving grace is that I get to unwind and watch us play tonight! I hope we can be as competitive for as long as possible. Hopefully luey has a belter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone desperately concerned about Rocky because he carries their Dreamteam each week!

He will cost a bazillion dollars in Dreamteam next year. And still be good value!

/snip Next year I imagine the split of ruck work to even out a bit more. Leuey has some improving to do on his forward work, but has been serviceable at times. Martin as a forward has been less than successful and as we have seen, can be more damaging around the ground. To make proper use of Leuey though, Martin will have to do less ruck work than he has this year and his numbers should drop slightly. (I think).

Last night it was suggested that the Hawks have a luxury of rotation options not only forward and back but through the middle, to the extent that straight after Roughead kicked one of his late goals he headed into the middle for the bounce - not as the ruck, Hale was to contest that but as a ruck rover!

Sure the natural conclusion of having both Leuey and Martin in the team would be to think less 'ruck-time' for Stef but that does/should not necessarily mean, less time through the middle for Stefan Martin! ;)

Might add - IMO, Leppa has already shown throughout 2014 that rotations, not off the ground but around the ground, will become a huge part of his game plan going forward.
Sharp eyes Freddo. I hadn't noticed til you mentioned it but now I think about it it really has been pretty evident hasn't it.

Might add - IMO, Leppa has already shown throughout 2014 that rotations, not off the ground but around the ground, will become a huge part of his game plan going forward.

As Haso said, great eyes mate. Makes so much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back