Autopsy Rd 23, 2014 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Lester was very good as well.

We are going to have a big bunch of borderline best 22 players at the start of next season. Lots of spots up for grabs.

Can't help but think Rocky would've gobbled up a fair few of those hitouts tonight. His tackling in the middle was also greatly missed. Still, hats off to Taylor and Aish. Played like seasoned players all year and can get their own ball.

An emotional season comes to an end but boy I'm excited about our progression.

I think Leuenberger can be our pure ruck (Dean Cox type) and Martin can be that roaming agile type (Natinui) which looks to be the ideal setup. The difference between this year and last year is I felt we had to really stretch in a lot of games to win and needed to have all players avaliable. This year we've got a lot more depth and we can compete basically today with a C+/B- midfield. Tall forwards need to get into the game more, but we've got a solid foundation to build on.

Great effort by the boys this year, especially our young players and Leppa. Excited for next year. Have quite enjoyed BF this year - and still plenty to come. Thanks everyone for your interaction.

Hearing about this - what'd he say?

He said he hopes it's parole week for port and tiger fans next week is they get a full house. And when Vossy said he was having nothing to do with it ed said it was ok because he's the president of collingwood.

Positives...
  • Thought Berger moved really well. Didn't look hampered at all. I think the overall combination between him and Stef still has kinks to iron out but showed signs it could work moving forward.
  • Workman-like performance from ZOB. Really bullish about his potential
  • Really liked Aish's game tonight, inside and out.
  • Taylor was great in the first half before tiring. Hopefully he gets over the line for the Rising Star.
  • Bourke showed enough for mine. Looks Patfull 2.0
Negatives...
  • In country footy it's common for teams to have a 'ruckman's not allowed to kick rule'. We should implement a handball equivalent for Stefan. Good on him for racking up touches but holy hell his handballing was atrocious
  • Geelong got a few flukey goals but the defence was the poorest it had been all season. Probably shows Goose's value more than anything
  • Incorrect disposal. Was there two interpretations tonight? Some horrible officiating
  • Even though Lester had 24 I thought we needed more from him tonight, especially with Zorko and Rockliff out.
All in all plenty to look forward to next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berger Martin ruck combo looks pretty solid. Although some of Martins disposals were pretty poor, he did take some good grabs.

Bourke didnt look out of place.

Is it just me or does it seem like Beams isnt 100% confident in his body. It looked like a few times he could have gone it alot harder, but choose not to.

Is it just me or does it seem like Beams isnt 100% confident in his body. It looked like a few times he could have gone it alot harder, but choose not to.
Needs the pre-season more then a few others.

Telling you now, if his Brother comes and he has an un-interrupted pre-season - we will see a different Beamsy.

Even if Dayne doesn't come, Claye just needs to stay healthy to get some momentum going - has the tools and the club knows it.

Less than zero. Nor should he be. Best 22 comfortably IMO.
I wouldn't go that far. He has his moments and does some good stuff but is just not quite consistent enough to be considered in the best 22. Not far off but still needs work.

He said he hopes it's parole week for port and tiger fans next week is they get a full house. And when Vossy said he was having nothing to do with it ed said it was ok because he's the president of collingwood.
Maybe Krakouer and Marley Williams can attend on Maguire's behalf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back