Game Day Rd 23 Tiges V Roos- 'The Stern Tank'

Q23. Which of the following best describe your thoughts on the team that was brought in for Round 23

• a Furphy

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • b Stern

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • c Fury

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
NMFC Membership 2015 Survey

Q23. Which of the following best describe your thoughts on the team that was brought in for Round 23?

a. 'The Furphy'- 'changes, wat changes?'
furphy-farm-water-tank-on-wagon.jpg

b. 'The Stern Tank'- 'no passengers, all deserve a game'
_75633557_mark-iv-1918.jpg

c. 'Fury Tank'- 'last roll of the dice for 2015...and possible career..must win'
1420412389435.gif

Start the Model T and post the 'Flying High' video, its the last home & away GAME DAY thread for 2015.

Go Roos!

(Day early, no time tomorrow)

Tippett and Tarrant - together at last. There's something creepily symmetrical about those two.

Younger brothers of AFL players
Both start and end with T
Both 7 letters long
Both have a double consonant at the same place.

I bet they finish each other's sentences.

Tippett and Tarrant - together at last. There's something creepily symmetrical about those two.

Younger brothers of AFL players
Both start and end with T
Both 7 letters long
Both have a double consonant at the same place.

I bet they finish each other's sentences.
They're both sexy hunks… no homo.

Having bought a $40 ticket to the game a week ago, I was dismayed to hear we'd be making so many changes, but I actually think the team we are fielding could be fairly competitive. I don't really expect us to win but it'll be good to see the inclusions in action and if we do somehow get up, by golly, keep an eye on the telly for the bloke giving it to the Tigers fans in the front row, forward pocket.

Having bought a $40 ticket to the game a week ago, I was dismayed to hear we'd be making so many changes, but I actually think the team we are fielding could be fairly competitive. I don't really expect us to win but it'll be good to see the inclusions in action and if we do somehow get up, by golly, keep an eye on the telly for the bloke giving it to the Tigers fans in the front row, forward pocket.

Aisle 23?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same.

Can go and have some fun this week.

And then vomit with nerves at the Final nek week.

Aisle 23?

2, actually.

Same.

Can go and have some fun this week.

And then vomit with nerves at the Final nek week.

Yeah, the upside to going into a game with essentially no expectations this week is that you can just have fun with it. I'll be back again next week for the final and probably have a spasm or two by the end of the night as I did against the Bombers last year...

What a weird sort of feeling many of us are having this week (I'm assuming others are in the same boat as me anyway).

Kind of a nothing to lose, let's see how these guys go, some possibly playing for their careers in the Royal Blue & White, half of South Australia hates us, controversial, mini Ross Lyon, putting the big guns on ice before the real stuff, half of South Australia loves us, we may beat Richmond with a 'B grade' team, weird sort of feelingy thing that's made the end of our kind of flat home & away season a bit interesting.

I don't think I've had this many texts about a North Melbourne game from various opposition supporters since we knocked off Essendon in the elimination final a year ago - to the weekend.

I find it all very intriguing.

I'm dissapointed Harps isn't getting a start but can't wait to see Dumont, Wood, Black & Daw hit the park.

This will be good fun.

I reckon $9 for us is very nice.
Put that into Fyfe for the Brownlow (there is no way in hell he won't win it ...have people forgotten how many games he was clearly BOG during the first half of the year?!) & you've got yourself $17 odds.

As a final note I honestly think Geelong & North Melbourne will win ...which really would be just perfect to shove back in the Adelaide supporters faces, wouldn't it?

What does it say ( words unsaid ) about Harper not getting a go??

I'm speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised if (assuming we are planning on keeping him for another season - and I dearly hope we are) the coaching staff are protecting him a bit.

We know he has struggled mentally and their would be nothing worse for his confidence than for him to finally get back to AFL level to then play a stinker in his last game for the year. He would have that game as his lasting memory running through his mind all off-season.

I think it would be better for him to finish the year off strongly at Werribee (and in truth we don't want to take all their AFL listed players) build on that confidence in the pre-season, and aim to crack the best 22 in 2016.

I hope the coaches have reassured him about his performances in the latter half of the year because myself personally am very encouraged. I still have a lot of hope that he will make it at AFL level.

I have the same feeling going in to this game as I did the Freo game. Very confident we can win this one too.

The only thing better than beating Richmond will be beating Richmond with a 'seconds team' and sending them to Radelaide next week! :D

I have the same feeling going in to this game as I did the Freo game. Very confident we can win this one too.

The only thing better than beating Richmond will be beating Richmond with a 'seconds team' and sending them to Radelaide next week! :D
This is the opposite of the Suns, Demons, Lions games- nothing to lose. Everything to gain.

KB tipping 110 point Tigers win

Him and Ralph's cockiness and sooking was a joy to listen to this morning. That wig wearing peanut from Woodend called for all Tigers fans to boo North all night tonight. Flog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back