Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont see why people are giving it to murph, didnt set the world on fire, but didnt stuff anything up either
Yarran must play midfield or forward for the rest of the season. Can't work out why Mick waste his talent down back.

Casboult and Jones juat dont offer enough up forward would prefer Jaksch be put up forward for the remainder of the season.

Whiley and Buckley need to come into team.

Im thinking either whiley,buckley or graham will come in for possible yazz ( if suspended) curnow or ellard

IMO you do need to jettison Malthouse at the end of the year. He's not an elite coach anymore and letting his ego dictate a new contract would be disastrous. I think we all know the Blues need to bottom out (that doesn't mean finish bottom BTW), carve the list up, and use Silvagni as a resource.

There is only ONE coach with the biggest ego in the entire Comp and his name starts with J and surname starts with H!

#narcissicsicFIGJAM

yarran_zpsrgl9rq68.gif
Very disappointed in Yarran's hit on Chapman.........should've been that flog Goddard.:cool:

I have supported Carlton for 30 years, and for the last ten we talk and talk about what's wrong....... Its simple..they are soft, I miss watching blokes go hard and love playing footy, this team is about contracts and media.
Judd, Cripps, Armfield, Walker and Byrne were the only true footballers out there today.
Murphy is the softest captain in the league.

Agreed.

Same as the first 2 weeks. We lack structure and running.
Killed them in contested possessions (159-116) and clearances (53-30), were smashed in uncontested possessions (178-261)!

And we are still mentally fragile.

There is only ONE coach with the biggest ego in the entire Comp and his name starts with J and surname starts with H!

#narcissicsicFIGJAM

Egotistical maniacs win games, my benevolent overlord queen - so long as they know the game as it is.

On that, h vision I saw couldn't show a conclusion picture of Yarrans fist connecting with Chapmans face.

Didn't Ablett get off once because the picture was grainy and didn't show conclusive contact?
That wasnt the actual incident... that was Yazz picking up Crappy to have another shot at him. The video I saw showed Yarran connecting with a beautiful left hook that knocked all the stuffing out of Chapman. It was as Chapman was running towards the sidelines with an umpire between them that he managed to re-inflate his balls and wanted another shot at Yarran... who I think was trotting along close to Chapman just in case he managed to get another chance at the tin man.

That wasnt the actual incident... that was Yazz picking up Crappy to have another shot at him. The video I saw showed Yarran connecting with a beautiful left hook that knocked all the stuffing out of Chapman. It was as Chapman was running towards the sidelines with an umpire between them that he managed to re-inflate his balls and wanted another shot at Yarran... who I think was trotting along close to Chapman just in case he managed to get another chance at the tin man.

Hope this gets Yazz off... off the charge, that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed in Yarran's hit on Chapman.........should've been that flog Goddard.:cool:
Gibbs got Goddard in the third or forth quarter :D love hip and shoulder with the point of his shoulder taking Goddard on the point of the chin.

Totally my fault.

The LADY Modship. I am but your humble (on this board ya Carlton vermin) servant.

Jade, you do see that thread with the word 'banter' on it right?

You lost for a number of reasons:

1. You lack execution; you need to work on disposal a great deal
2. You have a void of forwards; even if you put it inside 50 your chances are slim
3. You are relatively slow running the ball; self explanatory

All in all, it wasn't unexpected to see your blokes get up for this game. Lucky for us, for at least one game we appear to have been able to overcome the whole 'beat a good side, lose to a poor side' syndrome. But I genuinely applaud the effort - they really did come to play.

IMO you do need to jettison Malthouse at the end of the year. He's not an elite coach anymore and letting his ego dictate a new contract would be disastrous. I think we all know the Blues need to bottom out (that doesn't mean finish bottom BTW), carve the list up, and use Silvagni as a resource.

Of course as an Essendon fan I don't WISH you well, but good hunting.

I agree we need to work on disposal but 29 scoring shots from 57 inside 50's says we're not devoid of forwards. I would take that any game compared to the last two weeks - just needs to be 18.11 rather than 11.18
Wouldn't say we are slow running the ball, we are however slow releasing the ball (kick or hand pass), we look pretty good running with the ball however we are very slow/or poorly instructed in restricting other teams run

Positives:
  • Yarran punching an Essendon player. Just wish he'd done it to the other 21 and their coach.
  • Cripps. Will be a beast.
  • Byrne. Looked really composed and quick. Changed the whole mood of the team.
  • Judd. Still clearly our best player
Negatives:
  • WTF has happened to Murphy? He's crap.
  • WTF has happened to Hendo? He's crap (though to be fair, he was a bit better today)
  • WTF has happened to Jamo? He's totally crap. He's lost it. Needs a few weeks in the twos.
  • Gibbs is a soft gimp. So sick of him. He looked good last year but this year he's back to his soft, seagulling best. Piss him and his attitude off.
  • Leadership non-existent again.
  • Our skill levels are ATROCIOUS. So many missed kicks and handballs.
  • I'm sounding like a friggin' broken record, but WHAT IS DOING WITH OUR ENTRIES INSIDE 50? Is Brad Green our Forward coach? Sack the useless prick. Since Fev left, our ONLY strategy for going forward is a long bomb on the top of someone's head, preferably if that someone has two defenders hanging off him. HOPELESS STILL. This s**t has been going on for too long!
  • Judd. Still clearly our best player.
Overall a very disappointing day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back