Preview Rd 4, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many injuries :S very disappointing news. Glad to hear two of them are not major.

I hope Golby realises he needs to do a Stef Martin, I'd assume he will play this weekend now.

100% - playing for his career (at least at the lions) when he gets his next shot at senior footy, if its this week then good luck to him.

Well at least the injury list is a good reason to play more of the young blokes. What odds Liam Dawson gets a debut??

Swann said on SEN that if the older players aren't showing that much, we'll just blood some more kids. Say he's a fairly good chance to get a game with Mayes out, they play a similar role.

Link

"And in a freak accident, Claye Beams broke his little toe after catching on the side of the pool at a team session this morning. He is expected to miss 1-2 weeks."

Our guys should be forced to live in Zorb balls when they aren't playing.

Gutted for Jaden. From memory, injury ruined his u/18 season as well. Hope this is one of only a few for him.

Just thought: how about Zob in should rocky not make it for some intensity around the ball and maybe we throw leuy in there too to stack our forward line against their undermanned defence?

Leuey would be lucky to mark an exam if he was a teacher. If anything put Leuey in the ruck and play Martin up forward. Crashes packs, can take the odd mark and will make a contest. Rocky was out last week and ZOB got dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freeman, Close, McGrath, C. Beams, Mayes, C. Hanley...

2782075-5348157470-10996.jpg

At least we won't get as many meltdowns on this board this weekend. I don't think anyone is really expecting us to be competitive (this weekend and this season). Even if Rocky plays.

At least we won't get as many meltdowns on this board this weekend. I don't think anyone is really expecting us to be competitive (this weekend and this season). Even if Rocky plays.

I'd still hope we can be competitive. We might have a lot of injuries but we still have a fair midfield on the park. West Coast aren't exactly world beaters.

Not a huge fan of the nihilism. We always tend to warm into the season. Round 3 was an improvement on 2 (in effort). Can't see why that won't continue.

Leuey would be lucky to mark an exam if he was a teacher. If anything put Leuey in the ruck and play Martin up forward. Crashes packs, can take the odd mark and will make a contest. Rocky was out last week and ZOB got dropped.
Would be a good match up for Nic Nat at the moment then.

I was honestly tipping Brisbane before those few recent injuries you had, which I think might have saved us from a 10-20 point loss, but when your midfield gets back to full strength and get some games together as a unit it's gonna be scary. Find a key forward like Kennedy and you could be one of the top sides next year, I'm actually jealous since our midfield outlook appears so dismal for the next few years, after which our excellent talls will be too old.

I'm not too fussed who wins to tell you the truth as long as there are (touch wood) NO F***ING INJURIES and it isn't a shitty game that Damien bloody Barrett can say "was clearly between two bottom sides".

Good luck for the rest of the year anyway, I have a soft spot for the older non-Victorian teams so hopefully you can finish off the year pretty well.

WC are in no better shape than us and are flying over from Perth.

I'm expecting a win

West Coast do have the reigning Brownlow medallist and a functioning forward line. We are good at clearances around the ground but not much else. Plus they've won the last couple of games against us at the Gabba.

does anyoen else think we as a club have a very high percentage of foot stress fractures? Myes and McGrath this week and feel like we have had 3-4 a seasons the last few years, more than other clubs.

wonder if its something to do with the Gabba surface? does it still have a cricket pitch in the middle or did they switch the drop ins recently?

FB: Gardiner - Goose - Adcock
HB: Cutler - Clarke - Golby
C: Taylor - Zorko - Paparone
HF: Dawson - McStay - Andrews
FF: Green - Luey- Christensen
Fol: Martin - DBeams - Rich

Int: Redden - Robinson - Aish
Sub: Bewick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back