Autopsy Rd 4 Carlton v St Kilda Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In Wellington for the match and wanted to leave a positive comment. After the match when Mick Malthouse received the match trophy, he made a gracious, professional, thoughtful speech, thanking Wellington, local council, St Kilda, Government and the AFL. He was praiseworthy for the opportunity to play in this special day and once again thanked the Saints for the opportunity to do so. The crowd of 12,000 were predominately Saints supporters, or those of other clubs by default who weren't supporting you, but his speech was received extremely well and he was a credit to himself and Carlton.

I know Malthouse gets lots of bad press and can have a prickly manner. But today he was an outstanding representative of your club and gave a thank you speech, that I would be extremely proud for my coach. I didn't love the final result, but left the ground with a very positive vibe of Malthouse and Carlton's involvement in the day.

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season.

Watching the replay again. Wow Cripps is a beast! His grunt work is brilliant. Something our midfield has been screaming out for. Can take a grab too.

We are going to have some bad games over the next 2 years still but we can build a new midfield around Cripps and Graham with DVR and Boekhurst on the outside
is it on bigfooty?

you know, in this day & age of "manscaping" it would be hard to pick someone who could pull off what a 70's catoggio would bring to the table.

Didn't Curnow try it on a few years back???

We really have not seen anything like it....except for the early Guy Sebastian years....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone other than Sheik?
Add me to the list. On the proviso of an advantageous trade of course. How are we going to land a big fish like Treloar or Shiels. We aren't exactly blessed with depth are we? Having said that, happy for Murphy to stay but not as captain. One of many poor decisions made by the football department.

Blues by 40.

A win is a win is a win. Good to hear the song.

Yes, we were ordinary for about half a game.

Things to celebrate. Henderson kicking a bag. Cripps dominant. Buckley providing drive. Bell hitting the scoreboard repeatedly.
Half a bag! I know it isn't the glory years for forwards, but have we lowered the standards by that much?

Can't wait until we have a quality ruck starting and Kruez and Warnock are going to make a HUGE difference in the coming weeks.

Cripps is a GUN.

Very solid effort after a poor start and great win boys. :thumbsu:
Gotta say that for all the faults that Warnock has with his ground work, second efforts and forward attempts, the thought of him tapping it down to Cripps is... delicious!

Something that shocked me today was just how poor many of St. Kilda's heralded younger players are. They've been talked up to being almost as good as the Western Bulldogs youth. Today our unheralded and largely overlooked youngsters tore theirs a new arsehole.

It's going to be a long few years at St. Kilda.
Nah, list management & recruiting expert Wayne Carey says otherwise ;)

Half a bag! I know it isn't the glory years for forwards, but have we lowered the standards by that much?

Probably. Heard quite a bit of analysis last year about what constitutes a bag in modern football.

If not, it's a throwaway line introducing the post match discussion. Let's not be pedantic.

Votes on the radio

3: Henderson
2: Murphy
1: Bell

No Crippa
What radio was that? More like Cripps, Murphy, Hendo, with special mention to Bell. Murphy and Cripps had similar numbers, but Cripps had 11 tackles and was much more influential on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back