Preview Rd 4 Carlton v St Kilda Sat April 25 - 1:10 NZST - Wellington (11.10am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiley to replace Curnow

Menzel (if available) to replace Ellard

Jaksch to replace Jones

If Yarran gets time Buckley is the direct replacement...

Boekhurst sounds vlose. However no rush.

This I like. We have some exciting talent knocking on the door.... Read Harks review RE. Bullants and you will know why.

I retract my comments to replace Jones for Jaksch. Watched the game again this morning, Jones did ok. Just needs to a little more intelligent with his game and he'll learn...keep him in, Jaksch is a good problem to have...

What's with the Jones love all?

Has hardly set the world on fire. One more chance we saying?
Who else? Giles terminal, Foster first gamer, Watson not setting the world on fire either.

We could bring in KJ back from injury but we've been grooming him as a defender.

Malthouse has gone with a 3-man tall forward line.

I think Jones stays... massive improvement yesterday.

I would also think that Boekhurst is a better in to replace Yarran.

Boekhorst would really give us some run that we're going to lose with Yarran.
Will probably fade later in the game, but based on yesterdays game I suspect he's ready for AFL level.

I think walker needs to stay in the foward line so much smarter then hendo, cas and jones with his leads, ball use and positioning.

What's with the Jones love all?

Has hardly set the world on fire. One more chance we saying?
Jones contested well, took some marks, applied some excellent tackling pressure (he loves that s**t) and (it appeared on TV anyway) that he did enough running.

The way we went into the forwardline a forward who makes sure the ball doesn't come out through his man is as important as someone who takes a mark.

Kicking goals would be a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Tuohy - Jamison - Jaksch
HB: Docherty - Rowe - Bryne

C: Everitt - Judd - Simpson
Foll: Wood - Gibbs - Cripps

HF: Murphy - Henderson - Bell
FF: Menzel - Casboult - Walker

Inter: Carrazzo, Buckley and Whiley
Sub
: Armfield

OUT: Jones (Omitted), Ellard (Omitted), Yarran (suspended) and Curnow (Omitted).

Expecting Jamison, Rowe and Jaksch to all have a crack on Riewoldt... as well as Jaksch and Rowe going forward at stages to assist Henderson when Casboult is rucking.

Jamison - Riewoldt
Rowe - Bruce
Jaksch - McCartin/Membrey

OUT: Jones (Omitted), Ellard (Omitted), Yarran (suspended) and Curnow (Omitted).

Expecting Jamison, Rowe and Jaksch to all have a crack on Riewoldt... as well as Jaksch and Rowe going forward at stages to assist Henderson when Casboult is rucking.

Riewoldt is unlikely to play next week.

Oh.... Jones will not be dropped :p

Riewoldt is unlikely to play next week.

Oh.... Jones will not be dropped :p
Was going off the Saints board? Most have him coming back.

For a third tall forward Jones really doesn't do much. Presents once every blue moon and when is a contest ends up with one hand going for the mark. He clunks a couple of the lead but is just as reliable as Casboult in front of goals.

I'd rather Jaksch take the third tall and develop as a forward. But seems as MM rathers him in defence.

Mentioned that twice btw

Buckley needs to play, at least he plays with passion and lots of guts, Carazzo, Ellard, Curnow, Gibbs etc need to go, we will never be a good team let alone a great team with these guys in the side. With Gibbs it's pretty obvious that last year he was playing for a contract and we god suckered in, that's why guys like Waite never amounted to much and we kept him on just the promise of potential, because they can hold us to ransom our club is suffering.

Is anyone not concerned about Gibbs possibly getting rubbed out?

My changes:
In: Whiley, Boekhorst
Out: Curnow, Yarran

If Gibbs goes out, bring in Graham.

Cant understand people calling for Jones to be dropped

My changes:
In: Whiley, Boekhorst
Out: Curnow, Yarran

If Gibbs goes out, bring in Graham.

Cant understand people calling for Jones to be dropped

Gibbs - 18 disposals and a goal, id say he is pretty safe for next week

Who else? Giles terminal, Foster first gamer, Watson not setting the world on fire either.

We could bring in KJ back from injury but we've been grooming him as a defender.

Malthouse has gone with a 3-man tall forward line.
Then why was the ball continually kicked on Ellard's head?

I thought it was high but not worthy of suspension until seeing a different angle this morning on Ch7. Got him with the shoulder but looked like the arm/elbow was lifting.
Hoping that the MRP deem unworthy for any fine or suspension, nothing in it other than a Goddard overreaction. Take your kick and move on.

IN: Buckley,Wiley,Jaksch,Menzel(if fit and attitude right)

OUT: Jamison(severely out of form is he injured? No Riewoldt let him rest)Yarran(Suspended 2weeks)Curnow(omitted),Ellard(omitted)

B:Touhy Jaksch Docherty
HB:Byrne Rowe Simpson
C:Bell Judd Everitt
HF:Walker Casboult Murphy
F:Jones Henderson Buckley

R:Wood RR:Gibbs R:Carrazzo

INT: Menzel,Whiley,Cripps S:Armfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back