Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

CLFC23

Senior List
Jan 27, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Hes the one thats always free and gets into space

Two occasions i remember are Dusty had it on the wing spots Grigg all ln his own and switches to the other wing, Grigg runs in and goals.

Riewoldt takes a mark I50 and was going for the set shot but spots grigg all by himself in the goal square so Jack goes to grigg and grigg goals

Dec 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hes the one thats always free and gets into space

Two occasions i remember are Dusty had it on the wing spots Grigg all ln his own and switches to the other wing, Grigg runs in and goals.

Riewoldt takes a mark I50 and was going for the set shot but spots grigg all by himself in the goal square so Jack goes to grigg and grigg goals

We've all established and acknowledged that Grigg gets into space. He is a very good runner when the ball is in our possession. THAT IS HIS ONLY GOOD QUALITY! It becomes redundant in his case often because his inside 50's are always just rocketed into the air.

CLFC23

Senior List
Jan 27, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes ok you all have your opinion and i have mine. He might not be in your best 22 but he definatley is in mine. I have no more points to argue so have a good day!

CLFC23

Senior List
Jan 27, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Everyone is re evaluated at afl level... You can go and watch your local league and say gee that guys a gun... Is he compared to pendlebury? No

Grigg is a spud at afl level
image.jpg

Hans McGregor

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
The absolute world record for end to end stuff was getting smashed by Carlton once we tried to defend our lead in round 2.

It's almost like under 10's stuff really. Trying to overuse and share the ball around so everyone gets a go:rolleyes:.

But seriously, we just don't have the skill level to develop that kind of game plan (YET). It just puts more unneeded pressure on us, leading to inevitable (and costly) turnovers.

One word. Wow

How about i put a poll up on the polls board

I'm a Grigg fan, but most on this board are haters because he's not Shane tuck. You'd be reamed in any poll

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched the replay again and was disappointed to see Jack go off his nut at Matty Arnot for not passing it to him ( Jack was in the pocket) instead Arny went for goal and just missed....

The irony was not even 3 minutes later, Jack ( who was on the boundary 40 m out )had an option of passing it to a player free 20m out but chose to kick a miraculous goal...instead shanked it to a lions player...turnover cost us a goal..

Just don't like seeing that sort of crap coming from a senior player- publicly remonstrating with your ( young) team mate ...doesn't instill confidence

Still liked Jacks game though

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm a Grigg fan, but most on this board are haters because he's not Shane tuck. You'd be reamed in any poll

Griggs major issue at the moment is that he has become really fumbly and indecisive- his second half v the lions shows how clumsy he has become...maybe it was the slippery ball- didn't seem to affect other players as much though
At his best, I always thought of him as a one grab, slick precision kick type of player Haven't seen much of that in 2014... Let's hope it clicks for him soon

copthat

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched the replay again and was disappointed to see Jack go off his nut at Matty Arnot for not passing it to him ( Jack was in the pocket) instead Arny went for goal and just missed....

The irony was not even 3 minutes later, Jack ( who was on the boundary 40 m out )had an option of passing it to a player free 20m out but chose to kick a miraculous goal...instead shanked it to a lions player...turnover cost us a goal..

Just don't like seeing that sort of crap coming from a senior player- publicly remonstrating with your ( young) team mate ...doesn't instill confidence

Still liked Jacks game though
Are you talking about the 9.30 (Arnot has a shot) and 11.50 (Jack miss kick) stages of this video? http://lon-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinew...RICH_RD05_Q3_S_1551427322__297949.mp4?start=0

If so, I don't see a spray from Jack, and when Jack had it he was clearly trying to pass it to someone at the top of the goal square.

Back