Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Chaplin on McGuane, all makes sense.

Third quarter.

Not much to say, wet ball football but trying for high possession, silly.

Grimes is playing himself into good form, in my best so far. Arnot too, his pressure and tackling has been great, will only get better as he improves his tank. He's deserves more from his tackles, the not calling of holding the ball this year is just dumb. Love Conca's efforts. Griffiths second efforts in the ruck are so like Maric. Love Jack. Love Dusty controlling the ball in traffic.

Grigg's good efforts are good, it's why he gets a game. He'd dominate the 2's. It's just his deficiencies and laziness that are so frustrating to watch.

Fourth quarter will have to wait until tomorrow :)

We miss Rance, Maric and Lids

I'm really torn about who goes out when Maric is good to go. Griffiths is very good as a forward/ruck, Hampson is very good as a ruck, Maric is pretty damn good everywhere.

I'm really torn about who goes out when Maric is good to go. Griffiths is very good as a forward/ruck, Hampson is very good as a ruck, Maric is pretty damn good everywhere.
Jesus Doc, you sit through the first 3 quarters and then flick off for the good bit? :p

Grimes and Morris are both shockingly out of form.

Probably have to persist with them, possibly McDonough can come in for one of them. Morris's skills are VFL standard or worse.

Houli and Grigg are both on tackle watch.

Need to be told to make them stick and in Grigg's case - make a bloody tackle.

These 2 are making guys like Clinton Young and Stephen Hill look like hard men.

Has to be hampson, he is not as versatile as griff. Griff is good in the ruck and arpund the ground and playing well up forward. Whereas hampson is only really good as a rap ruckmen and average at all the parts griff is good at.

Has to be hampson, he is not as versatile as griff. Griff is good in the ruck and arpund the ground and playing well up forward. Whereas hampson is only really good as a rap ruckmen and average at all the parts griff is good at.

I didn't know he could sing as well...:oops::p

Maric when ready comes in and Hampson goes out hopefully for good he's so average has to be a depth player only. Not sure he was worth our second rounder bit of a concern imo.

Maric when ready comes in and Hampson goes out hopefully for good he's so average has to be a depth player only. Not sure he was worth our second rounder bit of a concern imo.
Bit off topic but he easily is, if Lennon comes on we've potentially nailed all of our picks last year given the way our guys are playing in the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit off topic but he easily is, if Lennon comes on we've potentially nailed all of our picks last year given the way our guys are playing in the seniors
All about what you see his role as. If you realise he's a back-up then he's easily good enough, if you think he's best 22, no.1 ruck then you're going to be disappointed.

When we have Maric back playing nearly every week and he picks up a 1-2 week niggle, people will be happy with him coming in and giving the mids first use. While he's playing every week it's kind of frustrating with him doing nothing else other than tap the ball.

All about what you see his role as. If you realise he's a back-up then he's easily good enough, if you think he's best 22, no.1 ruck then you're going to be disappointed.

When we have Maric back playing nearly every week and he picks up a 1-2 week niggle, people will be happy with him coming in and giving the mids first use. While he's playing every week it's kind of frustrating with him doing nothing else other than tap the ball.
Im more than happy to pay a second rounder for a relief ruckman especially when considering your not guaranteed to nail your second round pick. Even if Maric's not injured it will still be great call upon Hampson to give Maric a rest.
In the future i can see the club opting to give Maric 13-16 games a season to increase is career as much as we can.
If Hampson improves just a little we could your Maric in all the blockbuster games whilst we rest him against the lower ranked sides.

Hampson is definitely an improvement on Gus, Big O and Derrickx. I hope we we start to use Maric similar to how Geelong managed Ottens

I knew someone would pik that one up:thumbsu:

Your lucky Black Saab didn't pick it up. He used to be an English teacher ;)....On that topic what do you do these day Black Saab ? Not Teaching ? Only ask because that's my background, PM me if you don't want to make it public. Or just say if it's too personal, cheers....(sorry mods slightly off topic):thumbsu:But hey I find the BF bunch interesting;)

old mate hammer, just spitting a couple verses.

What's his middle name ?? Doesn't start with "C", does it ?? Cos that would be....Oh no wait for it MC Hammer....:confused:. It's just downhill from here folks, :oops: Sorry I just couldn't let that go through to the keeper;)

Watching the replay, god Morris shouldn't be getting the ball ever. Just let him shut blokes down. I know his shoulders fked but he butchers it every time

I hear MC hammer leads the comp for spit outs to advantage

wish I knew how to spell that sound of spitting into a spitoon from the chewing tobacco days..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back