Autopsy Rd 4 v Collingwood - Game Discussion and changes for Brisbane - Lurking Likers will be banned

Remove this Banner Ad

R.I.P
A little bit of me just died inside. My favourite player. Who cares about his milestone games, I just want him to be better and free of injury.
I guess it's possible for a complete recovery given Roughead seems okay. But we know how axel has been affected so hopefully it's only a hiccup.

Based on form in the VFL I'd do the following:

Thomas > Foley. Foley's skills aren't great, but Thomas' are worse. At least Foley provides some zip and can link up.
Grigg > McDonough. Very consistent at VFL level.
Vickery > O'Hanlon. I think we need to drop a tall since it will likely be dewey up at the Gabba.
Newman > Lennon

S.Edwards to the forward line or dropped
Gordon to sub
Deledio in for Gordon in the unlikely event that he comes back

Thomas > Foley. Foley's skills aren't great, but Thomas' are worse. At least Foley provides some zip and can link up.
Vickery > O'Hanlon. I think we need to drop a tall since it will likely be dewey up at the Gabba.
Newman > Lennon

Gordon to sub
Does the '>' signify better than or what...?

I'm glad thiers only a week generally between results because after the doggies game I was sure wed come out with ticker, skill and aggresive want to win to make up for that loss. But after watching the first quarter of the collingwood game I realized we were never gonna win. I was like many supporters angry and fuming at the game, the players & umps and the treatment cotch was getting, especially since hes the only player giving 150%. Well our skill level has plummeted any opportunities we had in the first 3 quarters were destroyed through our inability to handle the ball, not only that but poor decisions slow play and mindset but it was through the whole team, astbury in my mind was the best player cause he did his job against cloke but everyone else had the fumbles. we have players out yes but we need to lift our skill dramatically. I'm looking forward to the brisbane game cause were a real chance in that one but like the pies game we couldnt adapt to the conditions so lets hope that changes, also I think thiers a few players that need to go back to vfl grigg being the standout. not sure whats going on with vicks and king doesnt look good atm either, I'm for resting these underdone players and putting 1 or 2 kids on as long as we have experienced players to guide them. I think if this is us now then we can only get better and hopefully quickly as well as getting rance, maric, lids etc back. we need wins without them but with them back we should increase our percentage if we start to click, heres hoping.

Even if lids comes back in the next couple he will play injured. Said this morning on gameday that he has lost his explosiveness from this injury. Lids of 2013 will not be seen again this year maybe not at all as archiles injuries are very hard to get over.

Time for someone else to put up hand.

Lids had the same injury in 2013 and 2012 - it's fair to say that he can come back from it, based on previous experience.

Beating the two teams in last years Grand Final last season is starting to feel like a distant memory.

Newman > Lennon

Gordon to sub
Drop the guy who has most tackles for our whole team? Yeah, no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been better than most of our team.
Averages 23 disposals (11 contested), 5.5 clearances (2nd only to Cotchin for us) and 7 tackles. And before you bag his disposal he goes at 74% efficiency and averages 3.5 clangers per game.
A lot of that 74% is made up of him handballing it onto the chest of a bloke about to get run down. Sure it boosts his stats but royally *s the team.

A lot of that 74% is made up of him handballing it onto the chest of a bloke about to get run down. Sure it boosts his stats but royally ****s the team.
And which one of our players doesn't do that? They all do that consistently.
A guy thats getting 5.5 clearances, 11 contested possessions and 7 tackles a game isn't going to get dropped. Especially when the rest of our mid (other than Cotch) is not playing well.

And which one of our players doesn't do that? They all do that consistently.
A guy thats getting 5.5 clearances, 11 contested possessions and 7 tackles a game isn't going to get dropped. Especially when the rest of our mid (other than Cotch) is not playing well.
The ones that can kick at an AFL standard, which seems to get less and less by the year rather than more and more. And no I don't think he will be dropped. He's a long way down the list of poorly skilled blokes we need to upgrade because as you say he's at least doing something.

Would like to see Floss start to play his role at stages though. He will excel at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back