Game Day Rd 4: West Coast Eagles vs Brisbane Lions @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed Priddis game mainly handballed and they where mostly forward handballs.

None of his s**t kicking.

For a player with no pace, he certainly gets out in acres of space often enough. Yes, pridda had a good game.
Was impressed with duggan an fraser. Keep them both in.
Cripps was good too.

agree re: wellingham. i think he's working his way back into form.
sure it's not brownlow form but he is doing the job asked of him each week and using the ball well.
probably smart management by the coaches, rather than just throwing him into the middle with the rest of our battlers.

My god, we're an average football team. That game didn't reflect well on either team (especially Brisbane, that was insipid). We were okay at best. A lot of average stuff, and ultimately, doesn't tell us anything about our team we didn't already know - we can win against s**t, we struggle against anything approaching quality. It's a bad place to be in, but we all know that.

The positives were all largely individual:

- McGovern, obviously. Kid is a star and a joy to watch.
- Yeo's midfield work was brilliant. Give him the full game their next week.
- Duggan was clean and composed. A full game next week please.
- Butler was dominant.
- Gaff and Rosa solid.
- Nice debut from McIness, but I still don't know where a guy with his sort of deficiencies at ground level will end up.

I think it would be impossible to even tank ourselves into the bottom three this year.
Well that's disappointing.

I was really hoping for a bottom two finish so we could get one of those high draft picks everyone's playing for. It's the true prize after all

Disposal efficiency is not a stat I put much stock in. Plus, it was not disposal I was criticising him for, rather decision making, which is still something he needs to work on. Too many kicks without looking, and too much rushing. I'm not writing the kid off or anything, but they're areas he needs to be better at.
Well if he's not looking they're extraordinary kicks because 80% of them are going to at least better than 50/50s. To me his disposal was quite good tonight. There were a few look away kicks but he was playing quite inside today and sometimes they are required.

The bottom 3 is unrealistic given how bad St Kilda, Brisbane and Carlton are, but finishing 14th-15th serves WC better than 9th-10th.
The head agrees with you but the heart says * that. Can't really comment on draft prospects at the position, ie a clear top 2 or a fairly even spread of top line talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The head agrees with you but the heart says **** that. Can't really comment on draft prospects at the position, ie a clear top 2 or a fairly even spread of top line talent.

I understand the dilemma, but the resolving of WC's issues requires the use of the head instead of the heart. WC can't afford the luxury of sentimentality entering into their decision making.

Were they his stats on the weekend?

amazed.jpg
Last two weeks. Still wasn't enough to get a call up.

I understand the dilemma, but the resolving of WC's issues requires the use of the head instead of the heart. WC can't afford the luxury of sentimentality entering into their decision making.
So we should decide to lose games?

was at the game

duggan's a phenomenal pickup, absolutely fantastic skills. there was one play infront of me where he was tied up in a tackle, spun out of it and passed the ball with precision to priddis, i haven't seen our mids do stuff like that since kerr.

i don't have as much hate for lycett as many around here. yeah he didn't have a great game, he made some poor decisions and fluffed his disposal... but he got himself into good positions around the ground, and was solid in contests. those things will improve with time. haven't seen any stats yet though so don't really know how his ruckwork went - aside a few embarrassing jumps-too-soon.

wellingham played most of the game in the back pocket and seemed to play well in that role. very clean. i feel like he gets judged as a midfielder around here when he's not actually playing there much at all.

super game from sheed, really impressive game by him.

mcgovern is king, duh. and it was great seeing yeo line up in the centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back