Preview Rd 6, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say, no doubt some might have niggles as well. But its also probably a reflection on Aish, Taylor, Robbo and Cutler to have made themselves nearly auto selections above those players.

Hmm. That might be a small part of it. They're going okay, but it's not like their output is demanding they stay in the team.

There'd be spots for any of the players mentioned if their form or fitness were up to it.

Will be interesting how Gardiner goes in his 2nd game. No doubt Leppa would love his aggression, and I think Gardiner will be one of those players who can play on the medium size players.

Yes. But who from the Saints fits that category? Not a lot of goalkicking mids or mid-sized forwards in that team.

I wonder who will play as the back up ruck with Lisle going out. Most likely Merrett I would say.

Great to see Aish, Roberston, Cutler, Taylor, and Gardiner retain their spots. I kind of thought Gardiner would stay in because Leppa seems keen to give the youngsters a string of senior games to give them a real chance.
Could you see Merrett playing forward and second ruck probably not Leppa likes him down back

Could you see Merrett playing forward and second ruck probably not Leppa likes him down back
I never said Merrett would play forward. I just said he would most likely play second ruck. He would still play in the back line, just like Lisle last week who played in the back line but did some ruck work so West could have a rest.

Will be interesting how Gardiner goes in his 2nd game. No doubt Leppa would love his aggression, and I think Gardiner will be one of those players who can play on the medium size players.

I love this type of draftee. Not afraid to get his hands dirty and put his head over the ball. Just about fine tuning those rough edges in the next few years. Will be a good player for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord and savior Polks will carry us to victory.

Its called reward for effort, hes been putting it in through the reserves, after return from injury, so hes earned his right to show us he can improve.

It is still an inexperienced team. We have added 483 games of experience though and 5 big bodies which will help immensely. Golby and Moloney have not stood up when the team has needed it most so I agree with their omissions. Lisle has not been up to standard and Bewick probably slips out because he is not quite best 22. Paine most likely goes out because the team has been far too tall lately.
That's adding nearly 500 games of experience back into the side. Good to see.
Um, no.
When 5 players come in, 5 players have to come out. 483 games in, 283 games out = 200 games of experience added. Across 5 players, 200 games isn't that much better.;)

Imma gonna laugh so hard if Polks is BOG kicks 3 goals including the game winner.

medium.jpg

Hey there, New Zealand. Did you order some pandemonium?

Mmhmm.

On another note, had a giggle at Mayes position here:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

$100 says he does NOT start the game lining up on Nikki Webster.

Well, he played in the backline last week, so it's not inconceivable.

Still, against a somewhat cumbersome Saints backline, you'd think he'd be very useful at the other end trying to work into dangerous spaces. I certainly hope he plays forward.

Well, he played in the backline last week, so it's not inconceivable.

Still, against a somewhat cumbersome Saints backline, you'd think he'd be very useful at the other end trying to work into dangerous spaces. I certainly hope he plays forward.
Leppa playing silly buggers I would think.

TBH, with the injuries we've copped I think Leppa has pretty much decided to give the kids a red hot run. When we get more seasonsed players back and enough to collectively really make a difference in the team, I think we might drop some of the young ones out. Chances are second half of the year they will start to tire anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back