Preview Rd 6 - Carlton v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on Earth would you know that? It's true but not sure how you would know it.

Hoping Rocky is fit for this week but l don't think they will risk him with him failing the concussion test. So now Beams is battling a knee injury and Merret is another 2-3 weeks away with injury? What The ****? I havent seen any questions relating to him on that Lions TV Injury video thing they do. I thought it was only supposed to be a week or two?
Way too many injuries every single year, someone needs to get fired. Haas or the other guy or both.

Problem is it is now becoming common that we lose by 10 goals and it is a surprise if we win or get within 15 points.

Carlton by 60 points, not even joking here.

Matt Lloyd was talking about it on footy classifieds last week

Matthew Lloyd is an absolute wankspanner. How a show involving him and Carolyne Wilson ever got the go ahead beats me.

agree but he obviously has contacts and this aint an out there statement to make. Remember when Robinson said the blues thought the lions were easy beats the past few years? Well imagine what other teams think of us now. Anyway... Blues by plenty

Not going to this one. Thank goodness for Mother's Day, otherwise I might be tempted to go and watch Carlton beat Brisbane by lots. Still recovering from our disgusting performance against Nth Melbourne last time Brisbane came to Melbourne. The club just can't expect Melbourne based supporters to keep turning up to watch pathetic performance after pathetic performance.

For those who do go, I hope the players at least give a yelp.

This is really starting to grate.

Under Leppa's reign:

QLD: Played 16 - Won 3 Lost 13 - 18.75% games won. Scoring % - 65.35%
VIC: Played 7 - Won 3 Lost 4 - 42.85% games won. Scoring % - 76.55%
Elsewhere: Played 4 - Won 1 Lost 3 - 25.00% games won. Scoring % - 50.00%

If you don't want to go to the game, fine.

But give it up with this garbage about the club can't expect Melbourne supporters to turn up to watch because of our performances down there. Our performances don't make great reading across the board.

Why it must be constantly turned into a Qld / Vic thing is beyond me. And yet, they call us in Qld the fickle supporters.

Under Leppa's reign:

But give it up with this garbage about the club can't expect Melbourne supporters to turn up to watch because of our performances down there. Our performances don't make great reading across the board.

Why it must be constantly turned into a Qld / Vic thing is beyond me. And yet, they call us in Qld the fickle supporters.

I haven't got the time "Statsie" but could you please crunch the numbers on the last 5 or so years? Anyone?

If I am wrong I will say sorry.

I'll be there.

They have played badly in Melbourne. Not so much in 2014, but for a long time before that. I don't know why it would grate on wabaa that it should be pointed out.

It's been a hard road for us Fitzroy supporters. We will always have a chip on our shoulders.

Under Leppa's reign:

Victorian supporters have been massively screwed with the fixture this year. We still get the "Victorian" match in Launceston, a match in Geelong and top things this year, Sunday twilight with school following day and a Mother's Day 3:15 match, a time traditionally hated by fans as it screws up both lunch and dinner for Mother's Day as you'd have to rush lunch to make the game and won't get home for dinner after the game due to the 6pm finish time.

The club needs to speak to the AFL about this before next season as it would of definitely impacted membership number here.

Under Leppa's reign:

Apparently we are also fickle as the number of supporters that made the trip to Metricon last week was not great.
To that poster , not sure who it was now but you do know it is a massive commitment to go to all home games let alone away games, and that is taking out the fact that the team is demoralizing to watch as a supporter this year and we had 170 year record breaking rain on the day before the game.
But we are fickle.
If we were fickle we would of jumped off years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not as bad as this though since I moved to Perth and can't nearly be as bad as making the trip to Footy Park to be surrounded by Port ferals and watch our team lose.

View attachment 131163

One win in 11 years versus 0 in three. I obviously like my suffering long. :D

If you're really concerned about winning in Melbourne I hope you also avoided plenty of Fitzroy seasons.

From 1990 - 2005 I was living in Warrnambool, so I didn't get to too many games in Melbourne because it was a 7 hour round trip. Before that I was a member and would go every week. During that time I was treated to some sensational football and some heartbreak too, I must add. From when I was 16 yrs of age to 26, here's how Fitzroy went:

1979 - 15 wins (Finals)
1980 - 4 wins
1981 - 14 wins (Finals)
1982 - 12 wins
1983 - 15 wins (Finals)
1984 - 11 wins
1985 - 7 wins
1986 - 13 wins (Finals)
1987 - 8 wins
1988 - 7 wins
1989 - 12 wins

Plenty of great seasons amongst that lot and I never felt the urge to not attend.

Thanks for showing an interest in Fitzroy. I'm a member again and they really are an excellent club. Won our last game on the weekend and a very real chance of beating Old Caulfield this weekend. I go to every home game and take my kids. They love it.

Last edited:
If you're really concerned about winning in Melbourne I hope you also avoided plenty of Fitzroy seasons.
Unfortunately not - permanently damaged. Still celebrate the 1978 night premiership:confused:

Unfortunately not - permanently damaged. Still celebrate the 1978 night premiership:confused:
I've got a spare copy on DVD if you want it. Copied off a VHS master. Very shaky but fun to watch.

gee i thought we were having a rough run...i just had a look at your injuries and just seeing that beams and rockliff are unlikely.
yet im still not confident we can get over your boys...
will be interesting to see how this game unfolds.

your season maybe almost done like ours....none the less, all the best for whats ahead...

Great effort in the preview xplo. If it was me I would have just written "Lions to play another mediocre team into form sometimes over the week-end". Great to see that some supporters still have heart.

Agree lets stay united in our misery.

"GO LIONS" but where?

Great effort in the preview xplo. If it was me I would have just written "Lions to play another mediocre team into form sometimes over the week-end". Great to see that some supporters still have heart.

Agree lets stay united in our misery.

"GO LIONS" but where?
Actually that going to be my first take, but I couldn't spell 'abissma.., abbysm.. abysmal?'

I will be going.

Although for the first time after last weeks game the thought crossed my mind about whether it will be worth it. I guess the answer is probably not, but there is also a not insignificant (20%) chance we could pull off one of the most needed victories in the Club's history. Those victories, when they are against all odds, are by far the best.

From 1990 - 2005 I was living in Warrnambool, so I didn't get to too many games in Melbourne because it was a 7 hour round trip. Before that I was a member and would go every week. During that time I was treated to some sensational football and some heartbreak too, I must add. From when I was 16 yrs of age to 26, here's how Fitzroy went:

1979 - 15 wins
1980 - 4 wins
1981 - 14 wins
1982 - 12 wins
1983 - 15 wins
1984 - 11 wins
1985 - 7 wins
1986 - 13 wins
1987 - 8 wins
1988 - 7 wins
1989 - 12 wins

Plenty of great seasons amongst that lot and I never felt the urge to not attend.

Thanks for showing an interest in Fitzroy. I'm a member again and they really are an excellent club. Won our last game on the weekend and a very real chance of beating Old Caulfield this weekend. I go to every home game and take my kids. They love it.

That's a lot of "statsies" for someone who doesn't have time to look them up!

Victorian supporters have been massively screwed with the fixture this year. We still get the "Victorian" match in Launceston, a match in Geelong and top things this year, Sunday twilight with school following day and a Mother's Day 3:15 match, a time traditionally hated by fans as it screws up both lunch and dinner for Mother's Day as you'd have to rush lunch to make the game and won't get home for dinner after the game due to the 6pm finish time.

The club needs to speak to the AFL about this before next season as it would of definitely impacted membership number here.
I'm kinda used to the getting screwed on the fixture thing. I grit my teeth and accept that I just have to try my best to get to all the games I can. But afternoon on Mother's Day is just not going to happen. It might work for some families but not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back