Preview Rd 6. Gold Coast v Adelaide. Metricon, Sat 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Broughton available after serving his 1 match NEAFL suspension from last week.

Russell, Hallahan & Stanley surely all in contention.

While watching the magoo's on sat nite , a little birdy told me the no.9 might be back.

If Gaz is right i'll have

In - Ablett , Thompson
Out - Garlett , Tape

If Gaz isn't right

In - Stanley , Thompson
Out - Garlett , Tape

While watching the magoo's on sat nite , a little birdy told me the no.9 might be back.

I heard a similar rumour at a similar time stating that there is a chance he could be making his debut appearance for the NEAFL team. I guess if true it had to happen one day lol.

OUT:
  • Garlett
  • Tape
  • Lonergan
  • Schade*
IN:
  • Stanley
  • Hallahan
  • Broughton
  • Thompson*

*Technically Thompson is still an 'in', because he was dropped at the last minute and an emergency came in, so Rory is still in my best 22, but if it came down to it, I'd swap Thompson in for Schade. Garlett and Tape are obviously out injured, so I've got Stanley to replace Garlett and Broughton to replace Tape. I've also got Hallahan to take Lonergan's spot.

OUT:
  • Garlett
  • Tape
  • Lonergan
  • Schade*
IN:
  • Stanley
  • Hallahan
  • Broughton
  • Thompson*

*Technically Thompson is still an 'in', because he was dropped at the last minute and an emergency came in, so Rory is still in my best 22, but if it came down to it, I'd swap Thompson in for Schade. Garlett and Tape are obviously out injured, so I've got Stanley to replace Garlett and Broughton to replace Tape. I've also got Hallahan to take Lonergan's spot.

It's hard for Lonners and Schadey. For me they were both better than average but they both have more experienced players ready to come back in. I'd be tempted to give them both one more week. Although Schadey could get monstered by Tex - Especially if the MRP don't like Maysies bump

It's hard for Lonners and Schadey. For me they were both better than average but they both have more experienced players ready to come back in. I'd be tempted to give them both one more week. Although Schadey could get monstered by Tex - Especially if the MRP don't like Maysies bump
This is basically how I feel. They weren't bad by any means, but I just feel that there are better players to take those spots in the seniors at the moment. But also, how are players like Schadey and Lonners supposed to cement their spot if they're constantly being dropped? They didn't set the world on fire on Saturday though...

You've just got me excited to see May on Tex this Saturday (given Maysie gets the all clear) - man it's going to be good.

This is basically how I feel. They weren't bad by any means, but I just feel that there are better players to take those spots in the seniors at the moment. But also, how are players like Schadey and Lonners supposed to cement their spot if they're constantly being dropped? They didn't set the world on fire on Saturday though...

You've just got me excited to see May on Tex this Saturday (given Maysie gets the all clear) - man it's going to be good.
Pretty sure Rocket said in his presser that Schade will be gven a run of games.

I didn't think the Crows looked all that great against Port. They're not very precise in their disposal and they have a bad habit of just bombing the ball into their forward fifty, usually turning it over. This will become more apparent as the year goes on and the Crows face more sides with decent back lines. I don't think their back line is performing all that well, either (even Talia looks a bit average this year). I think their biggest strength is their midfield: Sam Jacobs, Scott Thompson, and Patrick Dangerfield are all in good form. Rory Sloane looks pretty average this year, so him being injured doesn't change much in my eyes. Eddie Betts is playing like a champion, but Tex Walker needs to lift if they're going to look more dangerous - no idea if his apparent bad form is an indictment on him or their midfield just bombing it into their forward fifty. Our back line is in a bit of disarray though, so we might run the risk of making even Josh Jenkins look good. I am worried about their team suddenly hitting targets for a change and completely flattening us...

More injuries for us don't help. How many more able-bodied players do we even have? :eek:

Anyway, we were able to get within striking distance against Geelong. We can do the same against the Crows. The game is being played on our turf, so that'll help. I want to see something competitive. Hopefully 'good Adelaide that can dispose of the ball accurately' doesn't show up. Fingers crossed.

Pretty sure Rocket said in his presser that Schade will be gven a run of games.

As I said previously
Now is the time
He didn't disgrace himself by any means last night, and if he's ever going to be a player for us, this year is when it has to happen or else it's trade/de-list time
Tall athletic KPDs are like hens teeth at the moment
Every game we put into him is likely to be a good investment I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't think the Crows looked all that great against Port. They're not very precise in their disposal and they have a bad habit of just bombing the ball into their forward fifty, usually turning it over. This will become more apparent as the year goes on and the Crows face more sides with decent back lines. I don't think their back line is performing all that well, either (even Talia looks a bit average this year). I think their biggest strength is their midfield: Sam Jacobs, Scott Thompson, and Patrick Dangerfield are all in good form. Rory Sloane looks pretty average this year, so him being injured doesn't change much in my eyes. Eddie Betts is playing like a champion, but Tex Walker needs to lift if they're going to look more dangerous - no idea if his apparent bad form is an indictment on him or their midfield just bombing it into their forward fifty. Our back line is in a bit of disarray though, so we might run the risk of making even Josh Jenkins look good. I am worried about their team suddenly hitting targets for a change and completely flattening us...

More injuries for us don't help. How many more able-bodied players do we even have? :eek:

Anyway, we were able to get within striking distance against Geelong. We can do the same against the Crows. The game is being played on our turf, so that'll help. I want to see something competitive. Hopefully 'good Adelaide that can dispose of the ball accurately' doesn't show up. Fingers crossed.

In his current form, Dangerfield will tear us apart
I have blocked out of my memory what Thompson did to us on our ground 2 years ago
Will be interesting to see how Tom Lynch plays ;)

In his current form, Dangerfield will tear us apart
I have blocked out of my memory what Thompson did to us on our ground 2 years ago
Will be interesting to see how Tom Lynch plays ;)
Who would be the best player to have on Danger next week?

I would keep them in as well, playing in a winning team it is now their spot to lose.

I honestly don't know why I'm so confident about this game when in reality we're probably going to get slaughtered. :(

I honestly don't know why I'm so confident about this game when in reality we're probably going to get slaughtered. :(

We have our tales up after a strong win, its time to put a month of rubbish football behind us and keep moving forward. The best way to do that is with a win over the fancied Crows.

We have an extra days rest and are playing at home against an opponent that just played a mini final against their local rival (a top 4 contender)

Time to prove ourselves

I'm not getting carried away by that win - Brisbane were woeful. Crows by 40 (50+ if Maysie is suspended).
Hopeful though of a post showdown letdown and we catch them with their pants down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back