Preview Rd 6. Gold Coast v Adelaide. Metricon, Sat 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We all should be dissapointed with how we are going , but the fact is we where missing 11 from our first 22 last night . I'd suggest Ablett , Malcheski , Swallow , Bennell , Matera , McKenzie ,Day , May , O'Meara , Broughton and Martin would all play , and in this process we are discovering a few players , Miller is just a great young player who is only going to get better when the talent comes back in . Sexton has played his 2 best games for the club in the last 2 weeks , same with KK his last 2 weeks has been his best this year , we have brought in Glenn who has shown something . Hopefully we can look back at this stage and see we really strentghen our depth.

Really liked the Dixon/Lynch forward line combo last night. Didn't get in each other's space, work well together. Considering our inconsistent entries into the fwd 50, thought they converted very well.

Did not like Smith sitting in a fwd pocket though. Was a useless move. Just clogged up space. He has no natural fwd ability.

If they want to sit a 3rd tall in the fwd line bring in 2 meter Peter.

Yesterday was the 1st time I've seen him play. The kid is a real work horse. Leads well, one on one is very good. With Day & Gorringe injured, let's start giving Wright a few games for a taste.

If those 2 can stay fit , i can see them being taking the comp by storm.

As a free agent do we have to trade?
Maybe they'd like Hallahan back?? ;)
He isn't a free agent. He has only spent 5 years at Hawthorn which means he is 3 years short of restricted free agency status. Hale is about to turn 31 but I'd be more inclined to recruit him than I would someone like Minson. Plus, as you pointed out, he is a local Coolangatta product so that is appealing too. The Suns did chase him in 2010 when he was off contract with the Kangas but he was eventually traded to Hawthorn. Hopefully you're right in saying his wife wants to move home to the GC.

WHERE WERE

WHERE WERE YOU. COME SAY HI SOME DAY HEY
Wouldn't you like to know ;)

Man I am getting confident Dixon will leave for Brisbane

7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.jpg

David Hale only contracted until 2015 at Hawthorn
Ruck/KPF
Hasn't played a senior game this year presumably due to injury
Local Tweed Coolangatta boy and his wife has been very keen to get back to the Coast
30/31 yoa
Depends on whether Hawthorn see him as vital....but the last contract was only a year or 2??
With the development of Ceglar and McEvoy preferred it seems, he might be on the table
Has kicked 200 odd goals too
Sounds like a josh Fraser flash back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back