B: C. Clameron, H. Schade, K. Kolodjashnij
HB: A. Saad, R. Thompson, J. Lonergan
C: M. Shaw, D. Prestia, A. Sexton
HF: T. Miller, T. Lynch, J. Glenn
F: A. Hall, C. Dixon, S. Lemmens
R: T. Nicholls, M. Rischitelli, A. Raines
INT: J. Harbrow, M. Hallahan, Z. Smith, L. Russell
Emergencies: P. Wright, J. Leslie, A. Boston

IN: C. Cameron, R. Thompson, A. Raines, A. Hall, Z. Smith, L. Russell, M. Hallahan
OUT: H. Bennell (club suspension), B. Matera (club suspension), T. McKenzie (club suspension), J. Martin (ankle), J. Garlett (ankle), S. Tape (knee), S. May (suspension)

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The last time an Eade-Raines combination worked together at Carrara this happened - Brisbane Bears 15.15 (105) def. Carlton Blues 10.10 (70) on 3 September 1989. Marcus Ashcroft also played in that game and he'll obviously be at the Crows game on Saturday as well. Carlton hadn't lost at Carrara until that day 25 years ago. Perhaps it's a glimmer of hope for this weekend. Get around the Ashcroft-Eade-Raines trinity!

668495-41c08bf0-6ebe-11e4-915b-4759357bb584.jpg

774254-30aa6618-5e71-11e4-be3c-f12778a66112.jpg

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Dunno what it is, just feel flat about going to the game this week. Almost certain we are gonna get smashed. This season so far has drained me as a supporter :/
When I was at the Suns shop last Saturday, John Witheriff walked in with another Suns staff member and began chatting to people. He asked me how I was going and I said "I'm good, but you have a lot to answer for given our start to the season. It's a chore showing up to this". He didn't even acknowledge it, but his smirk changed to a scowl as he scurried off through the back of the Suns shop.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one telling him this.

plastikman

Debutant
Apr 5, 2015
West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
When I was at the Suns shop last Saturday, John Witheriff walked in with another Suns staff member and began chatting to people. He asked me how I was going and I said "I'm good, but you have a lot to answer for given our start to the season. It's a chore showing up to this". He didn't even acknowledge it, but his smirk changed to a scowl as he scurried off through the back of the Suns shop.

"That's the reaction I love," Witheriff told reporters of the ridicule he expected

FavoriteSun

All Australian
Feb 8, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Think that's a bit unfair of you. Probably not why he was there trying to chat you up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FavoriteSun

All Australian
Feb 8, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping us to win this weekend. Here's why.

You've got a stand up moment at the club. You have guys that will be playing for their spot and you've got to expect the crows to take us as easybeats this weekend even being on the road vs. us. The boys that will be playing will be hungry and want to prove that they'll work hard. Or they'll just want to shove it up the ass of the boys that broke the team rules.

Either way, I fully expect us to keep it close and will put this as a confidence pick ala the Footy Show. Tipping us by 2 goals either way.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees

He isn't God. You can say what you like to him, within reason.

Pity more people weren't as honest as you. If they were it wouldn't be so hard to keep them accountable! They would know EXACTLY what was expected!

TARGETMAN

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2014
sunny gold coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
sydney roosters.
like I say every week BUMMS ON SEATS. . don't sit on your hands, make a noise and cheers the suns on and give the crows $hit

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
just a question
I park and ride at boowagan.
if I wanted to go see the reserves play, 130pm start, I can't park and ride as its too early and buses not operating - so can i park at the ground somewhere? and then after reserves game, drive back to boowagan (I guess) to get back to the ground by bus?

Sunizzle

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
just a question
if I wanted to go see the reserves play, 130pm start, I can't park and ride as its too early and buses not operating - so can i park at the ground somewhere? and then after reserves game, drive back to boowagan (I guess) to get back to the ground by bus?
You can park at the golf club across the road but it's $20. There's also a couple places you can park without getting a ticket but it's a fair walk.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
just a question

Just park at the golf course for a couple of bucks.

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
It's a funny old game. If you blokes can win this it's really something for you to build a club and a culture on.

I know it's really unlikely BUT you are going to get the Crows rocking up complacent after all the dramas you guys are having and probably won't be as switched on as they should be. So you know, once in a while you do get a really random result. Just got to get your players to go crazy attack mode and hope for the best.

OMG why the **** does a fricking port supporter have to do this on our opposition boards every single week?! GTFO!

Sorry Suns supporters, but this is incredibly frustrating. Good luck to you guys with what's left of your team.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
All things being equal, we should lose this week. So much talent out of the team, including 3 of our top 4 midfielders. So much negative media all week. But really looking forward to the unknown - how will the club respond in the only place that it really counts.

Will it be consistent effort and pressure and tackling and running harder and for longer than your body wants to? These are great equalizers, and throw in a forward line mostly intact and we can be competitive. Put some scoreboard pressure on the Crows and how bad will they feel? Laughing stock bad?

Or will it be the Saints or GWS game again?

Fascinating. (And a bigger than usual crowd for the Reserves).

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
All things being equal, we should lose this week. So much talent out of the team, including 3 of our top 4 midfielders. So much negative media all week. But really looking forward to the unknown - how will the club respond in the only place that it really counts.

Will it be consistent effort and pressure and tackling and running harder and for longer than your body wants to? These are great equalizers, and throw in a forward line mostly intact and we can be competitive. Put some scoreboard pressure on the Crows and how bad will they feel? Laughing stock bad?

Or will it be the Saints or GWS game again?

Fascinating. (And a bigger than usual crowd for the Reserves).
******* great post, let us see if we are pussys or men, go Suns

Last edited:

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
OMG why the **** does a fricking port supporter have to do this on our opposition boards every single week?! GTFO!

Sorry Suns supporters, but this is incredibly frustrating. Good luck to you guys with what's left of your team.
Go the Suns :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back