Preview Rd 6: Richmond v Hawthorn, @MCG, 3:20 PM - Sunday 27 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the look of Arnot on the weekend. Nice left foot kick and a solid player who doesn't mind giving a good contest and Astbury has been a revelation down back this year. Why aren't Richmond giving Brett O'Hanlon game time? I've seen him play in the VFL and I reckon he could be a handy mid-sized forward.
Because we prefer to recruit and play other teams discards and fringe players instead of developing our own. That's the Richmond way.

Liking the look of Lloyd. Has looked good two weeks in a row now (before copping a knock against the Lions).

Gordon looked good after starting with the vest, any chance he'll start the game against the Hawks. Don't get to see too many Richmond games but who are the most likely candidates to cop the vest?

Liking the look of Lloyd. Has looked good two weeks in a row now (before copping a knock against the Lions).

Gordon looked good after starting with the vest, any chance he'll start the game against the Hawks. Don't get to see too many Richmond games but who are the most likely candidates to cop the vest?

Lot of movement in our 22 at the moment with injuries and guys out of form so it's hard to predict, Gordon seems suited perfectly to the role though

We have had a few more days rest.
Hawks will be a bit battered and bruised after the Cats game but the negatives are we have Lids,Rance and Maric still out which is a significant advantage to the poo and wee.

Will Hawks rush in Lake?:D

After losing to Cats we might see a different attitude from the Hawks this week, unlike the previous years where they tried to play a certain type of game against us on the back of some strong results.

Also losing Buddy will play into their hands as Rance can beat anyone not strong over head, and they persisted with getting Buddy/Rance 1out.

I think we're in big trouble unless we come out with a different attitude than the first 5 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lids is such a loss right now. I'm sure it's a cascading effect, where whoever was going to go to him goes to the next guy, and so on.

Still, Hawks are likely to be missing/ will miss the following from the Round 19 2013 side we beat:

Buddy
Sewell
Lake
Savage
Guerra
And, not forgetting John Ceglar

Additions:

Birchall
Simpkin
Cheney
Suckling
McEvoy
Langford
Hallahan

We will likely be missing:

Ivan
Lids
Rance
McGuane
Foley
Orren
Tuck
White

For:

Arnot
Petterd
Griffiths
Hampson
Grimes
Lloyd
Gordon

I remember thinking going into last year's game that I hoped we would limit the margin. We pantsed them.

We're a chance. We are to Hawthorn what Carlton are to us.

I'd replace Thomas with McDonough. A bolder strategy would be to bring back Vickery given Hawks aren't that tall down back. I doubt that'll happen though

Lids is such a loss right now. I'm sure it's a cascading effect, where whoever was going to go to him goes to the next guy, and so on.

Still, Hawks are likely to be missing/ will miss the following from the Round 19 2013 side we beat:

Buddy
Sewell
Lake
Savage
Guerra
And, not forgetting John Ceglar

Additions:

Birchall
Simpkin
Cheney
Suckling
McEvoy
Langford
Hallahan

We will likely be missing:

Ivan
Lids
Rance
McGuane
Foley
Orren
Tuck
White

For:

Arnot
Petterd
Griffiths
Hampson
Grimes
Lloyd
Gordon

I remember thinking going into last year's game that I hoped we would limit the margin. We pantsed them.

We're a chance. We are to Hawthorn what Carlton are to us.

I'd replace Thomas with McDonough. A bolder strategy would be to bring back Vickery given Hawks aren't that tall down back. I doubt that'll happen though

Don't know about bringing back Vickery ... although an undersized defence, I wouldn't risk them just strolling out of defense for an extra marking option when we can throw dusty down there.

Agree with madona for Thomas if jacko is still good to go.

I reckon drop S.Edwards for maybe lennon if his case is strong enough ...

Don't know about bringing back Vickery ... although an undersized defence, I wouldn't risk them just strolling out of defense for an extra marking option when we can throw dusty down there.

Agree with madona for Thomas if jacko is still good to go.

I reckon drop S.Edwards for maybe lennon if his case is strong enough ...

Accorrding to the AFL, he was our best player against Brisbane.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-22/dangerfields-best-game

Expected attendance according to the MCG: 45,000.

:eek:

Hawks fans have all jumped off the bandwagon after 1 loss and won't be attending our home game :p

Tanty's are being thrown too

Expected attendance according to the MCG: 45,000.

:eek:
Wow. Really? That's low. Perhaps the AFL should re-assess how strategically important the Tigers being a powerhouse is rather than pumping all the sweetners to the interstate and franchise clubs. And while i acknowledge an extra 20 or 30k at a game is a drop in the ocean compared to TV reach, i propose that at the game atmosphere and general buzz around a massive club like the tiges, and it's supporters, is a huge part of AFL the product. The new clubs need something to aspire to supporter wise!

I love the way the Hawks have improved their disposal by foot and they run all day. We do match well with them with our full squad, but we don't have the class to match them for this encounter, or the courage to drop passengers and promote kids. I'd love to see Madonna and Lennon in this contest. I don't mind being beaten by a class outfit like the Hawks, but you never know - there's no expectation on this game, and if it rains, we play our best footy against them !

Hawks by 28 - Anything under is respectable. I am looking forward to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back