Preview Rd 6 - SUNS v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can have hitouts. I'm guessing we are better at clearances though ;)

Also we have more marks, disposals, and disposal efficiency, contested possessions, and contested marks than west syd :)

Arent we 18th in this area? It is the one thing stopping us from being a top 4 side :p

Bloody hope it's physical and passionate! With no Dixon and Brown, we lack that bit of mongrel.

Ive seen both us and GWS display some mongrel recently. Us against the Lions, I cant remember who it was they roughed up. But both these sides have kids who are used to being , and want to be, top dog.

That they have beaten us wont be lost on either side. Both teams are young, both have something to prove. They are going to go at eachother...hard.

See at the moment I see the gws vs gc games asked of a rivalry then us verse the lions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen both us and GWS display some mongrel recently. Us against the Lions, I cant remember who it was they roughed up. But both these sides have kids who are used to being , and want to be, top dog.

That they have beaten us wont be lost on either side. Both teams are young, both have something to prove. They are going to go at eachother...hard.

adcock

Nevermind, think I found a pic of him in the number 8! From training today.

323572-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

323565-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Would like to see more angles haha. Not convinced.

Would you think he is a NEAFL starter this week?
I would have thought NEAFL. There are some quotes from Bluey in the Australian yesterday however that make me wonder. He didn't appear to rule out the possibility of running him around as a sub. Also depends on what position and team make-up and all that. You could possibly get away playing him in the forward half until his body is really ready.

I remember when Swallow had 5-6 weeks off a couple of years ago, I thought he was a complete monty to debut at NEAFL level, but he came straight back into the seniors. I guess some guys are just too good to bring back through NEAFL level. They aren't going to get the necessary touch back at such a lower level.

If Harley trains extremely strongly and puts up his hand, bangs on the door and all that, I'd say it's a chance to see him play this week. But he'd want to train very very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought NEAFL. There are some quotes from Bluey in the Australian yesterday however that make me wonder. He didn't appear to rule out the possibility of running him around as a sub. Also depends on what position and team make-up and all that. You could possibly get away playing him in the forward half until his body is really ready.

I remember when Swallow had 5-6 weeks off a couple of years ago, I thought he was a shoe in to debut at NEAFL level, but he came straight back into the seniors. I guess some guys are just too good to bring back through NEAFL level. They aren't going to get the necessary touch back at such a lower level.

If Harley trains extremely strongly and puts up his hand, bangs on the door and all that, I'd say it's a chance to see him play this week. But he'd want to train very very well.

I think Swallow and Ablett are the only players with senior experience to never play NEAFL :D

Add Lemmo to the list too now I think :p

Also seems unlikely that they would rush Harley back into the seniors after taking such a conservative approach to him in the first place. But yeah, if he trains awesomely, who knows? The wayward goal kicking up forward could convince Bluey to inject some much needed class up there.

Winnable but we really need to start taking contested marks in our 50 (not on the 50 arc next to the sideline) and convert. I think we will be a little too robust for GWS but I am concerned about our form so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back