• South flank, in front of social club stand

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Social Club stand

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Whitten Stand

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was 9 at the time and was a regular to the games at the Whitten Oval with my dad, however this was the only home game I missed that year. I was at a school friends birthday. I don't speak to him anymore (mainly cause he went to fancy arse private school the next year ;)). I remember my dad calling the party to tell me. I was so happy and so angry (as only a 9 year old can get) that we'd won, but i wasn't there.
I still don't think i've seen the game.

I still regret missing that game as a 12 year old. It's on YouTube. You really should find it and watch it, the crowd vision at the end is something an old Royboy needs to see. Great stuff.

I was 11 and I can't really remember much about the game itself but I remember my whole family were there coz like we went to every game, we were all in the cheersquad and when the siren blew I remember everyone just went absolutely metal my mum and grandmother were crying and my grandad and uncle took me and my brother onto the ground at the end we stuck around for ages having a kick and I'm pretty sure grandad spoke on the radio.

I remember at my school I was the only Roy and every single one of my class mates gave me s**t about not being able to win so the Freo game was a a great * off to every single doubter there was everywhere.

I wore my Roy guernsey to school for like two weeks it must have really stunk up the place but I refused to relinquish it!

Back