Autopsy Rd 8 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

so you would rather see the club die than fail....

good one

clubs go through good times and bad, got to support them no matter what

makes you respect Saints and Bulldogs fans a lot more, they haven't won hardly a thing in their history

............look son.

Here's where we are.
We are a club that people care about, people hate and people recognise that we are vital to the comp.

If we continue to support the current admin we are at risk of becoming the Bullldogs, they don't have any of these things.

Right now, we need anger and rebellion, not compliance and support.

PM it - senior posters have a duty of care. No need to claw at each other this shitness has been cooking at the Club for years..

I don't even know how to respond to this.
Go back through the thread.
As I said, I was responding to another poster (NOT THY) about fickle supporters and defending myself why I chose to not go to tonights game.

............look son.

Here's where we are.
We are a club that people care about, people hate and people recognise that we are vital to the comp.

If we continue to support the current admin we are at risk of becoming the Bullldogs, they don't have any of these things.

broken record- no ones disagreeing much - but teh tune is getting over played..

I don't even know how to respond to this.
Go back through the thread.
As I said, I was responding to another poster (NOT THY) about fickle supporters and defending myself why I chose to not go to tonights game.

no worries HBF - dark days for all...keep friends close..

............look son.

Here's where we are.

The current admin has had heaps of change, we are not in the danger you are suggesting - see Richmond : some pre-season spruiking and their members came out of the woodwork even if there was no substance to support the media/marketing

............look son.

Here's where we are.

Son ? are you 60 ?

All clubs go through good times and bad....

i agree that i never liked the current president being brought on, i liked Sticks at the helm and i am quietly confident SOS can rebuild the list like what he did at the Giants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Son ? are you 60 ?

All clubs go through good times and bad....

i agree that i never liked the current president being brought on, i liked Sticks at the helm and i am quietly confident SOS can rebuild the list like what he did at the Giants

Need to look a bit deeper.

I have a s**t sig.

But this club is in real danger. Open your eyes.

But this club is in real danger. Open your eyes.

Yes...

This club is in real danger of being like almost every other club and having a s**t run.

Dross. Emotive. Nonsense.

Put the words above in whatever order you like to describe your opinion...any way will be fine.

White played as a midfield tagger in round one, gets injured and comes back to play on Hawkins who is a power forward.

We are going to struggle when that sort of thing happens.
Mick's explanation:
  1. We were going to play Jamo on him
  2. We were going to play Henderson on him
  3. We were going to play Kreuzer on Mitch Clark :eek:
:oops: Should never have dropped Jaksch. The kid needs to play every game.

After Thomas scored and Jones took a mark to make it less than 10 points I believe, I found myself actually barracking and getting excited. But it made me realise I haven't had that watching games all year (perhaps there were moments in the Saints game, but the first half and quality of opposition did dampen the excitement). Miss watching a game and getting off the chair with excitement - you don't need to be finals bound for that to occur, spirit, excitement and whatever else has just been sapped completely out of this club.

Mick's explanation:
  1. We were going to play Jamo on him
  2. We were going to play Henderson on him
  3. We were going to play Kreuzer on Mitch Clark :eek:
:oops: Should never have dropped Jaksch. The kid needs to play every game.

Spot on. If we were that short on defenders then why drop both Jaksch and Watson. We lost any chance of making this a close game at the selection table.

Why should he give those parasites (Maclure included) anything? That lot on Fox Footy deserve to be left in the dark.
Oh i have lost all all good thoughts to McClure. He's as bad as McGuire in my view.

But as a member of this club, i deserve honest answers. Not the s**t he was dishing up. Don't care about Fox, address the number of members that were watching tonight.

Rough night.

Similar to last year, I ended up being the only Carlton supporter standing down our end. But then the Geelong ferals got in a brawl with security and the police and were all turfed out as well.

Think I watched all that unfold in the second half more than I did the game.

I posted this in the game day thread when it happened (can't remember, I think it was during the second quarter) but it was at a boundary throw in near our forward 50. It was a long bomb to Casboult on the wing, he couldn't mark it and it went over the line. He then continued running on and went off the ground (interchange). Even before the boundary throw in came in (meanwhile our only key forward on the ground at this point had just ran off) Geelong already had 6 players stream back into our forward 50 compared to the 2 Carlton players there, so even if we had of won the clearence we had nothing to kick to.

What made that passage of play even worse was Geelong won the clearance, managed to pass it straight into the center square and run it up the middle of the ground and had the running kick for goal from 50 out. If it wasn't for Rowes mark on the goal line, it would have been a goal against, that was generated from a boundary throw in in our forward half not even 15 seconds before hand. And this was with Geelong having 4 extra players behind the ball in our forward 50.

That passage of play there summed up everything that is wrong with our club/game plan/players/team setup etc etc etc. We are just too EASY to play against.

35km.jpg

TACKLES......SOFT AS BUTTER.

:(:rolleyes:

Warnock in for Carrots wtf was that about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back